Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre is also known as the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 K117.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

Tyre review data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 479,037 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2018 Auto Bild 19 inch Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Excellent driving qualities with precise steering and good feedback. Short wet and dry braking distances, low rolling resistance, good price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance.

2017 Auto Bild Sports Cars Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Very high resistance to aquaplaning, shortest braking in the wet
  • Overall - Exemplary
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

2016-10-06 - I've got the Hanhook Ventus S1 evo2 tyres on a new Mercedes GLC 4matic - what can I expect driving in snow / ice conditions? What would be a good alternative winter tyre?

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a summer tyre, and as such will have very little snow and ice performance. There are many good winter tyres, depending on your tyre size and vehicle, have a read around TyreReviews!

2017-06-20 - Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 SUV - Is it a run flat type of tire?

There are both runflat and non-runflat versions of the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 SUV.

Top Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Review

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Citron C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
56 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus S1 evo2.

Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These tyres came on the car when I got it but had only just been put on. I've had a few months with the car and tyres and can happily say that they do a brilliant job! They aren't the best tyres in the world as when it is damp I can spin the tyres going from 2nd to 3rd at 55mph which can be a bit scary but these tyres aren't meant to be drag slicks so I can forgive them for that. What they excel at is cornering! They hold the road so damn well even in the wet, for me, it's mind bending... If you live in the countryside then you will LOVE these tyres. The road noise isn't bad by any means and the comfort is actually decent! I have had no discomfort with these tyres and they have been really good for long journeys. The only thing bad about them is the tramlining, they follow every curve in the road which is good when you're alert all the time but not great if you just want to have a relaxing cruise about
0 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
BMW 120d M sport (215/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Before I rant, apologies, this is a bit of a premature review, but it is a review of sorts none the less.
I bought these tyres today and can only say I am already disappointed in them and they are not even on the car yet! When I do eventually get them on the car however (when I swap them with the winters I have on at the moment), I am going to have to park V carefully, due to the fact that on this premium grade, run flat, more likely than not to be wrapped around some expensive alloy due to the 18 inch diameter tyre, I find that these tyres have no rim protection edge whatsoever. The rim edge is almost dead flush with the edge of the tyre. I am a fairly careful driver and won't be mounting the kerb to park, but when it comes to replacing these in however long it takes me to get to that time, regardless of how well they perform, I can pretty much guarantee I will now have to factor in the cost of a wheel refurb as well as new tyres. So in short, although I may have saved myself £20 in purchasing these tyres, over the next more expensive tyre, in the long run its going to cost me more.
Hope you have found this review of use, I wish I had read one similar before buying as I would have gone for the next tyre up!!
Yours, Mr already fed up.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2018
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON ST 1.6TDi SE DSG (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 36,000 easy going miles
They came fitted on my SEAT LEONwhich I bought on 10/2015. I have been using them ever since, after 60000km front ones are almost at the wearing limit, they started squeaking while parking at ~25.000 miles. Rear ones are still ok, so I´m going to switch them to the front wheels.
They have a stunning performance on wet conditions and the dry grip is ok. After 20000 miles they started to lose some grip on starting to move on certain conditions (mostly trying to get on a roundabout) and the ESP had to take control for a second.
They have behaved well, and although I´m considering to try another brand, these are good tyres.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2018