Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Progressiveness 83%
Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 271,100 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

225/40 R18 £67.50 - £77.60 (8 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £57.72 - £62.70 (16 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/50 R17 £77.90 - £100.10 (32 prices) Compare Prices >>
245/35 R18 £90.92 - £95.50 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
245/35 R19 £110.93 - £121.90 (12 prices) Compare Prices >>
245/45 R19 £114.87 - £123.90 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ls460l (245/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Best pick for the price. Way much better than my previous Dunlop Sp 101-s. Rear ones have about 4.5mm left, so the wear is quite high compaired for example Continental CSC5-s, which I had under my previous car - Citroen DS3 THP, but that could also be the result of my driving style and much heavier and powerful rwd car.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FG falcon ute (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
only just have these fitted to the rear of a falcon ute with approx 340hp. So far really good, dry grip is strong and haven't found their limit yet. Can push very hard without them complaining. Haven't done much wet driving but seem good from what i have experienced so far.

Only one down side, they have a really soft side wall. The is helped by a strong steel belt so the actual tread still sits flat while cornering, but it can make the car feel unstable. This is actually a big advantage for my ute as the car needs to rotate a little to turn correctly, the movement in the rear tyres positions the car perfectly on corner entry. I wouldn't like to have them on the front though, not on a heavy, understeer prone car.

overall good value for money, will consider again
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 1.9 TDi 130bhp highline (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought these tyres for my upgrade 18" alloys. Dry grip and wet grip was excellent but after 10,000 miles I find the wet grip has deteriorated ever so slightly. Wear is average with around 4mm left on the front and 5.5mm on the rear. Happy enough with the performance of the tyre but I think next time I may opt for a tyre with as much performance values only with a little longer wearing life.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 850i (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Best performance tyre for it's money.
I certainly recomment them for spirited driving! And not only because they are great cruisers. Comfortable, absolutely no road noisy, great fuel economy. I have used semi slicks. Sticky, but high noise and bad wet safety made me go trough a research for a balanced performer all round.

Almost bought good year assymeteic 2, but the soft board stopped me.

Hankook K117 have massive strong board, which is the best thing. You got great stability round cornesrs. And feedback. Despite hard rubber they are totally quite. Im amazed by this south korean tyres!

My set is made in Korea(hankooks homeground). Don't choose too much, choose Hankooks. I recommend them for spirited driving with 150-400bhp cars.

Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330i M Sport Coupe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Have had several sets now on an e92 3.0, always found that for the price performed excellently. Granted the car is more tourer than sports and they certainly suited the character perfectly. I would certainly recommend them
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 11,000 easy going miles
Came highly recommended and did everything I expected, except I only got 11,000 miles out of them, mixed usage, mostly non motorway, steady driving.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2015
Driving a BMW 335i (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Got these on a modified 335i with 480BHP. Great acceleration in the dry and can't believe how well they performed in snow getting me up huge hills with now slip. Unless I turned off the TC to have some fun.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Very well in the dry and in the wet, well. The grat problem is a lateral bundle, it's not symetetric, it looks deform( after 30.000 km) and the fast wear.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2014