Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre is also known as the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 K117.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 361,600 miles driven.

Reports

2016 AutoBild UHP Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Very high resistance to aquaplaning, shortest braking in the wet
  • Overall - Exemplary

2016 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very short braking distances in the dry and wet, good handling in the dry
  • Negative - Oversteer balance on the limit can make the tyre a little nervous, but fast
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

2016-10-06 - I've got the Hanhook Ventus S1 evo2 tyres on a new Mercedes GLC 4matic - what can I expect driving in snow / ice conditions? What would be a good alternative winter tyre?

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a summer tyre, and as such will have very little snow and ice performance. There are many good winter tyres, depending on your tyre size and vehicle, have a read around TyreReviews!

Top Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Review

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
33 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus S1 evo2.

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FG falcon ute (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 19,500 spirited miles
Very good value for money. impressive grip and comfort in all conditions. Very progressive at limit and they never totally let go. With 260-270 rwhp in a lightweight ute, i could throw it into any corner and be confident that it would handle it at full power. Lasted well considering the conditions

Straight line dry grip= very good, cornering dry grip = excellent. Straight line wet grip = excellent, cornering wet grip = good. Water drainage also excellent.

Only trouble was the sticky rubber wore out quite quickly then they were not so amazing. Also on shinny smooth tar they are not progressive, all or nothing. Having said that, they are now well past the wear bars and they still handle OK.

About to upgrade to MPSS so will be interesting to see if they are worth the extra $
0 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2017
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Worst wearing tyre I ever put on my 2008 RRSport. 255/50 R19 107Y. Wet and dry grip...comfort....all average. Wear terrible. 11000 miles and theyre done. I had been using Hankook Ventus ST RH06 for the previous 5 sets and getting approx 23000 miles per set and last time I went to change I discovered Hankook had discontinued production. Why?.....apparently they were lasting too long. So I stayed with Hankook and put the S1 Evo2 on....bad decision.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017
Given 25% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X5 4.4i (255/50 R19) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
These are the absolute worst tires I have ever purchased. They handle on dry roads like old bias ply tires. and if the weather turns, forget it! My old worn out Michelin's out performed these.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 20, 2017
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (215/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good tyre for its price. Nice grip at the beginning but not so good after 15000miles...I've felt a drop in performance and now that I still have around 3.5mm left I will change soon since I am not that confident about the amount of grip that I have in each corner. I've noticed this even more after changing my rear tyres to micheline supersport that grips so much in the dry...it has change the balance too much, the car is no neutral or oversteers as before...I will use for the front supersport as soon as I end with this s1 evo2.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2016
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Vectra C 1.9CDTi 150bhp (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 22,000 spirited miles
I've bought them last year (06/2015) and they were excellent. In my opinion dry and wet grip were perfect. Only once, at a motorway when I was going 165km/h I felt aquaplaning for a second. I've never felt scared to drive during the heavy rain. Dry grip is also perfect, litlle bit more than 100km/h on a curve entering motorway wasn't a problem. For me & my wife they weren't loud, even better than Conti SportContact 3. My set lasted 35000km, I think it's a decent result. (Unfortunately I can't compare they wear to other, because those Conti weren't new, when I bought them). Now they are about 2mm, but even at the end of using them, I didn't feel any problems.
I'd definitely buy them again, moreover I think I'll buy next two sets of them, for me and my dad. Hovewer I'm considering also Nokian zLine and Falken Azenis FK510, just to try sth other.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2016