Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

Tyre review data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 325,100 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 AutoBild UHP Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Very high resistance to aquaplaning, shortest braking in the wet
  • Overall - Exemplary

2016 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very short braking distances in the dry and wet, good handling in the dry
  • Negative - Oversteer balance on the limit can make the tyre a little nervous, but fast
  • Overall - Recommended

2015 Top 5 Summer Performance Tyres - 3rd of 5 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

2016-10-06 - I've got the Hanhook Ventus S1 evo2 tyres on a new Mercedes GLC 4matic - what can I expect driving in snow / ice conditions? What would be a good alternative winter tyre?

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a summer tyre, and as such will have very little snow and ice performance. There are many good winter tyres, depending on your tyre size and vehicle, have a read around TyreReviews!

Top Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Review

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
12 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus S1 evo2.

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (215/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good tyre for its price. Nice grip at the beginning but not so good after 15000miles...I've felt a drop in performance and now that I still have around 3.5mm left I will change soon since I am not that confident about the amount of grip that I have in each corner. I've noticed this even more after changing my rear tyres to micheline supersport that grips so much in the dry...it has change the balance too much, the car is no neutral or oversteers as before...I will use for the front supersport as soon as I end with this s1 evo2.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2016
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Vectra C 1.9CDTi 150bhp (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 22,000 spirited miles
I've bought them last year (06/2015) and they were excellent. In my opinion dry and wet grip were perfect. Only once, at a motorway when I was going 165km/h I felt aquaplaning for a second. I've never felt scared to drive during the heavy rain. Dry grip is also perfect, litlle bit more than 100km/h on a curve entering motorway wasn't a problem. For me & my wife they weren't loud, even better than Conti SportContact 3. My set lasted 35000km, I think it's a decent result. (Unfortunately I can't compare they wear to other, because those Conti weren't new, when I bought them). Now they are about 2mm, but even at the end of using them, I didn't feel any problems.
I'd definitely buy them again, moreover I think I'll buy next two sets of them, for me and my dad. Hovewer I'm considering also Nokian zLine and Falken Azenis FK510, just to try sth other.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2016
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 (205/60 R16 V) on mostly town for 12,000 easy going miles
I have bought these tires an year ago. I have passed 20000 km. The car is heavy and not so much quick but the tire did and still do good job. I have driven better tires but this is very good in all conditions. I have never been in unpleasant situations with them. Only I did not expect that they wear down to 5mm in 20000km. Anyhow, I recommend them.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2016
Given 98% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis estate 1.8 petrol (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
I got these tires with a set of rims I bought second hand, and didn't think to much about the tires before I bought the wheels.... I bought them near the end of the winter season, and I wouldn't put them on for another 2 months.... I just wanted those rims! :D
But when I DID put the wheels on my car......... man alive! :-) They are excellent in corners, at least compared to the Syron race 1's I had on before (which were 225/45R18), I didn't feel as confident with the Syrons as I do with these Hankooks.
They are excellent, and though I haven't driven them hard in rain yet, because either the weather hasn't felt like raining, or when it DID rain, I had the family with in the car....so less incentive to test... I would have little qualms about taking a corner at a slightly higher speed than with my Syron tires.

When they wear out, I'm trying another brand though, with better scores on fuel efficiency, just to see. Either way, I'm going to go for a larger tire next time, because the speedo is off about 10% according to my GPS (on a flat road), and also the "speedo-boards" we have on the side of the road, here in Denmark. So going to 245/45R18 next time.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ls460l (245/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Best pick for the price. Way much better than my previous Dunlop Sp 101-s. Rear ones have about 4.5mm left, so the wear is quite high compaired for example Continental CSC5-s, which I had under my previous car - Citroen DS3 THP, but that could also be the result of my driving style and much heavier and powerful rwd car.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016