Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Show all: Hankook tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 122,600 miles driven.

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

69%

81%

70%

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S-Line (225-45-17-W)
These are the best all season tyres I've had on my car. They are excellent for cutting through water and were very good in the snow. The grip in the dry is very good too. I have 5mm on the front drive tyres and done around 10,000 miles.
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225-50-17-W)
Not convinced by these Hankook, particularly in the wet. Just taken delivery of an E220 Cdi which is not exactly a fast machine. In the dry, it's a fine tyre with good grip. In the wet, however, I have traction control kicking in all the time if I ever try to accelerate hard in the wet. These are only mid-range tyres. They are uncomfortable too, ride quality is not great and we're talking about a Merc here.

Apart from that, if they are good enough as original equipment on a Merx, then they are not bad tyres. Just not great tyres.
tyre reviewed on March 24, 2014
Looking to buy the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2? Click here to search for the best price for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 or any other tyre.

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 1,4 TSI 160hp (225-45-17-)
It's still a little early to tell if I'm completly happy with those Hankooks. So far they seem to be very good and for sure a lot better from the OEM Dunlops SP Sports 01 they replaced.
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GTI MK5 (200) (225-40-18-)
These were fitted to a Golf Mk5 GTI that I brought.

I replaced them with different wheels and tyres (Vredestein Sessantas) however I noted that these S1 Evo2s were not a bad tyre.

I found they had great dry grip, however in the wet they seemed to lack compared to the other high performance tyres I'm used to. I found the limit was fairly easily reached and when it was reached, there was little feedback from the tyres compared to other high performance tyres I've used . It was quite difficult to judge, with a very "wooden" feeling coming from the tyres.
However when they did break it was quite progressive rather than a sharp cliff/drop off.

As I only had them on for a short time I cannot really comment on wear however they seemed to lose around 2mm over 5000 so I estimate around 18k per pair of tyres on the front, which is slightly more than I would get from a different set of performance tyres (Eagle F1 Assy 2 or the Vredestein Sessantas which I prefer) however the lack of grip and feeling from the road, especially in wet conditions, means I cannot really recommend them unless you are on a budget and cannot stretch to better tyres.
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C280 sport (225-45-17-)
I switched to these on my Mercedes because I was delighted with the all round performance of Hankook Optimos on an Opel Corsa that I also drive (high profile small car tires are truly terrible).
The Ventus S1 Evo2's followed Michelin Pilot Sports and the difference is, less noise, lighter handling, softer ride and equally great grip. I can't really say in the wet since I almost allways drive on dry road.
I really like the performance of Hankook tyres and they make the most of both cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
tyre reviewed on September 18, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate (225-45-17-W)
I bought a set of 4 after reading the 2012 braking test on this website. Potted a graph of cost vs braking performance, and these Hankooks were a good compromise. (Incidentally, when you do plot performance vs price, you see how overpriced the premium brands are).
I cannot fault the Hankooks, they give confident feedback. I run 41psi all round to minimise pot hole damage to the alloys. Tyre wear has been even.
tyre reviewed on September 16, 2013
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Altea (225-45-17-)
Road holding is excellent in all conditions. HOWEVER!!!!! BE AWARE!!!. Do not hit any kerbs or bumps on the road as I went through 6 tyres in a year due to bulging side walls. 1 tyre needed replaced after only 300 miles. All I hit was normal bumps on the road. I did not hit pot holes or kerbs. Avoid these hazards and the tyre is okay but very weak structurally.
tyre reviewed on August 16, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 125D (245-35-18-W)
I was recommended these by a friend who was a long time Conti SC3 user and he felt these were at least as good as those but cheaper and with better wear.

I've only done 1500 miles on them but so far I'm happy I took his advice.

The lateral grip in both wet and dry are of the high standard you'd expect from a major manufacturers flagship product. The two areas which I've been most impressed with are braking and handling. My car has the optional Brembo calipers and it can really shed speed quickly with these tyres (albeit only in the dry at least so far). The general handling of the car is also much improved, it feels much more stable,predictable and progressive just generally much nicer to drive.

The tyres felt very light to me when delivered. I suspect theres a substantial weight saving per corner when compared to the previous run flats, which might explain a lot.

They also look good when mounted- if thats your thing - the sidewall is quite flush with the rim but just look out for those kerbs!

Highly recommended.

tyre reviewed on July 31, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Replaced the previous Bridgestone runflats on my 330d. They are in a different league. Genuinely a class above. So quiet, I didn't realise I had a poorly fitting window seal until I fitted these tyres. Paid £462 fitted for 2x225/4018 & 2x255/35/18.

They are also much nicer than the Falken 453 I fitted on the other 330d I had.

Highly recommended
tyre reviewed on April 14, 2013
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 4, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: