Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre is also known as the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 K117.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

This tyre has been replaced by the Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3

Tyre review data from 50 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 515,137 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 5th of 12 tyres

• Positive - A well balanced tyre, good wet handling, high aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Highly Recommended.

2018 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good wet and dry handling.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance, relatively noisy.

2018 Ace 235/45 R18 Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

2016-10-06 - I've got the Hanhook Ventus S1 evo2 tyres on a new Mercedes GLC 4matic - what can I expect driving in snow / ice conditions? What would be a good alternative winter tyre?

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a summer tyre, and as such will have very little snow and ice performance. There are many good winter tyres, depending on your tyre size and vehicle, have a read around TyreReviews!

2017-06-20 - Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 SUV - Is it a run flat type of tire?

There are both runflat and non-runflat versions of the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 SUV.

Top Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Review

Given 89% while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
77 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus S1 evo2.

Given 36% while driving a Audi A3 (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
I really hate the road feedback when driving on a thoroughly wet road. The tyres feel unsafe and make me think that I am very close to losing control even after slowing down, relative to my dry road speed, far more than I am used to doing.
These were original fit tyres and I am very, very disappointed that Audi even consider fitting them. I complained bitterly to Audi Germany, but got no response whatsoever. I will never buy Hankook again and will never accept delivery of another new car with Hankook tyres. These tyres have taken a lot of the enjoyment out of the most expensive and highest performance car I have ever owned.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2019
Given 94% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140hp (235/40 R18 W) on for 100 miles
These were on my car when I bought it with medium tread, I made the huge mistake of putting pirellis on it, even when the hankooks were nearly legal they were better, they are awesome in the wet. I am sat here right now getting hankooks back on the car. Best tyres on the market in my opinion.
9 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 74% while driving a Audi A4 (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 16,000 average miles
These came fitted on my 2017 Audi A4 Sport. Absolutely fine until you come across any snow or ice and then they become very dangerous. The car is basically un-useable in winter condtions with these fitted and the old 'it must be rear wheel drive as it's a german car' is redundant in this case as the car is front wheel drive. I have written to both Audi and Hankook with no response as I feel very annoyed that I am being forced to buy another pair (as per the conditions of my lease). Also, they were fitted from new and are now at end of life having covered only 16k, on previous new cars I have managed 25-30k on the fronts before they require changing. Really not been impressed with these tyres.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2018
Given 82% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These tyres came on the car when I got it but had only just been put on. I've had a few months with the car and tyres and can happily say that they do a brilliant job! They aren't the best tyres in the world as when it is damp I can spin the tyres going from 2nd to 3rd at 55mph which can be a bit scary but these tyres aren't meant to be drag slicks so I can forgive them for that. What they excel at is cornering! They hold the road so damn well even in the wet, for me, it's mind bending... If you live in the countryside then you will LOVE these tyres. The road noise isn't bad by any means and the comfort is actually decent! I have had no discomfort with these tyres and they have been really good for long journeys. The only thing bad about them is the tramlining, they follow every curve in the road which is good when you're alert all the time but not great if you just want to have a relaxing cruise about
9 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2018