Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Show all: Hankook tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 191,600 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

69%

80%

66%

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225-45-17-)
Very well in the dry and in the wet, well. The grat problem is a lateral bundle, it's not symetetric, it looks deform( after 30.000 km) and the fast wear.
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2014
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT (255-35-19-W)
I pushed the car to the limits a couple of times and these tyres let me down. It was dry, hot middle east weather, and I was going at around a fairly wide corner at 90 miles/hour the car lost grip and was struggling to stick to the road. Which never happened with the Pirelli. My next set of tyres will definitely be Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2014
Looking to buy the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2? Click here to search for the best price for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 or any other tyre.

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Falcon xr6 (245-35-19-)
Driving on mostly town for 16,000 average miles
Very good tyre for the price, excellent wet and dry grip for a big car, sidewalls are a little soft so at the limit turning is a little compromised but overall a great tyre with average noise levels. Is a soft compound so wear rate is quick for heavy cars- lighter cars may be a different story.But would recommend and buy again just for the wet grip alone.
tyre reviewed on July 8, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-40-18-)
Lasted 18000 on my bmw 330, not to bad but i expected more from them to be honest
tyre reviewed on June 12, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S-Line (225-45-17-W)
These are the best all season tyres I've had on my car. They are excellent for cutting through water and were very good in the snow. The grip in the dry is very good too. I have 5mm on the front drive tyres and done around 10,000 miles.
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225-50-17-W)
Not convinced by these Hankook, particularly in the wet. Just taken delivery of an E220 Cdi which is not exactly a fast machine. In the dry, it's a fine tyre with good grip. In the wet, however, I have traction control kicking in all the time if I ever try to accelerate hard in the wet. These are only mid-range tyres. They are uncomfortable too, ride quality is not great and we're talking about a Merc here.

Apart from that, if they are good enough as original equipment on a Merx, then they are not bad tyres. Just not great tyres.
tyre reviewed on March 24, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 1,4 TSI 160hp (225-45-17-)
It's still a little early to tell if I'm completly happy with those Hankooks. So far they seem to be very good and for sure a lot better from the OEM Dunlops SP Sports 01 they replaced.
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GTI MK5 (200) (225-40-18-)
These were fitted to a Golf Mk5 GTI that I brought.

I replaced them with different wheels and tyres (Vredestein Sessantas) however I noted that these S1 Evo2s were not a bad tyre.

I found they had great dry grip, however in the wet they seemed to lack compared to the other high performance tyres I'm used to. I found the limit was fairly easily reached and when it was reached, there was little feedback from the tyres compared to other high performance tyres I've used . It was quite difficult to judge, with a very "wooden" feeling coming from the tyres.
However when they did break it was quite progressive rather than a sharp cliff/drop off.

As I only had them on for a short time I cannot really comment on wear however they seemed to lose around 2mm over 5000 so I estimate around 18k per pair of tyres on the front, which is slightly more than I would get from a different set of performance tyres (Eagle F1 Assy 2 or the Vredestein Sessantas which I prefer) however the lack of grip and feeling from the road, especially in wet conditions, means I cannot really recommend them unless you are on a budget and cannot stretch to better tyres.
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C280 sport (225-45-17-)
I switched to these on my Mercedes because I was delighted with the all round performance of Hankook Optimos on an Opel Corsa that I also drive (high profile small car tires are truly terrible).
The Ventus S1 Evo2's followed Michelin Pilot Sports and the difference is, less noise, lighter handling, softer ride and equally great grip. I can't really say in the wet since I almost allways drive on dry road.
I really like the performance of Hankook tyres and they make the most of both cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
tyre reviewed on September 18, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate (225-45-17-W)
I bought a set of 4 after reading the 2012 braking test on this website. Potted a graph of cost vs braking performance, and these Hankooks were a good compromise. (Incidentally, when you do plot performance vs price, you see how overpriced the premium brands are).
I cannot fault the Hankooks, they give confident feedback. I run 41psi all round to minimise pot hole damage to the alloys. Tyre wear has been even.
tyre reviewed on September 16, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: