Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Progressiveness 79%
Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

The Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus S1 evo

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 271,100 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook Ventus S1 evo2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Best performance tyre for it's money.
I certainly recomment them for spirited driving! And not only because they are great cruisers. Comfortable, absolutely no road noisy, great fuel economy. I have used semi slicks. Sticky, but high noise and bad wet safety made me go trough a research for a balanced performer all round.

Almost bought good year assymeteic 2, but the soft board stopped me.

Hankook K117 have massive strong board, which is the best thing. You got great stability round cornesrs. And feedback. Despite hard rubber they are totally quite. Im amazed by this south korean tyres!

My set is made in Korea(hankooks homeground). Don't choose too much, choose Hankooks. I recommend them for spirited driving with 150-400bhp cars.

1 | - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FG falcon ute (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
only just have these fitted to the rear of a falcon ute with approx 340hp. So far really good, dry grip is strong and haven't found their limit yet. Can push very hard without them complaining. Haven't done much wet driving but seem good from what i have experienced so far.

Only one down side, they have a really soft side wall. The is helped by a strong steel belt so the actual tread still sits flat while cornering, but it can make the car feel unstable. This is actually a big advantage for my ute as the car needs to rotate a little to turn correctly, the movement in the rear tyres positions the car perfectly on corner entry. I wouldn't like to have them on the front though, not on a heavy, understeer prone car.

overall good value for money, will consider again
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Hello you all :)

I've bought these tires in March 2015 and finished the season in the starting of November 2015. So after 15k miles (22k km) i have to say that they are excellent ! My tire dimension in 225/45/ZR17 XL. They grip is excellent in every condition. The way the tire manages water is very good and in the heated summer days the tire has a system to dissipate heat from the interior. The tires are class E on fuel consumption but there is a big advantage here: the grip better than because there soft; the main disadvantage is that they wear faster. The next summer i think is going to be the last one for them and after that will buy a new pair.
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews

Given 98% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis estate 1.8 petrol (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
I got these tires with a set of rims I bought second hand, and didn't think to much about the tires before I bought the wheels.... I bought them near the end of the winter season, and I wouldn't put them on for another 2 months.... I just wanted those rims! :D
But when I DID put the wheels on my car......... man alive! :-) They are excellent in corners, at least compared to the Syron race 1's I had on before (which were 225/45R18), I didn't feel as confident with the Syrons as I do with these Hankooks.
They are excellent, and though I haven't driven them hard in rain yet, because either the weather hasn't felt like raining, or when it DID rain, I had the family with in the car....so less incentive to test... I would have little qualms about taking a corner at a slightly higher speed than with my Syron tires.

When they wear out, I'm trying another brand though, with better scores on fuel efficiency, just to see. Either way, I'm going to go for a larger tire next time, because the speedo is off about 10% according to my GPS (on a flat road), and also the "speedo-boards" we have on the side of the road, here in Denmark. So going to 245/45R18 next time.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ls460l (245/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Best pick for the price. Way much better than my previous Dunlop Sp 101-s. Rear ones have about 4.5mm left, so the wear is quite high compaired for example Continental CSC5-s, which I had under my previous car - Citroen DS3 THP, but that could also be the result of my driving style and much heavier and powerful rwd car.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016
Hello you all :)

1 | - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016

overall good value for money, will consider again
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 1.9 TDi 130bhp highline (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought these tyres for my upgrade 18" alloys. Dry grip and wet grip was excellent but after 10,000 miles I find the wet grip has deteriorated ever so slightly. Wear is average with around 4mm left on the front and 5.5mm on the rear. Happy enough with the performance of the tyre but I think next time I may opt for a tyre with as much performance values only with a little longer wearing life.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015