Sunny SN3830

The Sunny SN3830 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 53% over 158,990 miles driven.

2018 Autobild UHP Winter Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good comfort, fuel efficient, low price.
  • Negative - Extremely poor wet grip and long wet braking distances.

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 35th of 48 tyres

2013 Winter Tyre Overview - Braking - 48th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sunny SN3830
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sunny SN3830. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Sunny SN3830 Review

Given 54% while driving a BMW 1 series (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
My scores don't accurately reflect the purpose of the tyre, which is for mud and snow. I have been driving them from November through to the end of March for two seasons. Regular routes include Deeside, Perthshire, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. In rain and snow these tyres perform adequaltely on my rear wheel drive car and enable me to keep traveling in a challenging environment. In mild weather on dry and damp road surfaces, it pays to be circumspect with speed and acceslaration on corners and roundabouts, as control and grip are more limted than my run flat tyes. In my opinion they are up to the job that they are desgned for and are great value for money at around £240 for four tyres.
12 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016

Latest Sunny SN3830 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sunny SN3830 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SN3830.

Given 32% while driving a BMW 520d (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
Don't buy these, they're dangerous and have virtually no grip!
I travel 100 miles daily to/from work doing the same route. Previousley I had Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance on my rear wheels and two different budget tyres on the front (the budgets came with the car) and I knew what speed I could take each corner at safely and never once lost control of the car of felt unsafe.
Within 1 week of having these on I've lost control of the car on more than one occasion on different corners already going much slower than I used to, each time I have managed to regainn control. For example a slight corner that I used to be able to take at 50mph I now have to go less than 30mph the grip is that bad!
1 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2017
Given 29% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,607 average miles
Horrific, dangerous Tyre. Should not be in production never mind being sold. Terrible in the dry, dangerous in the wet. Removed them from the front to the back and today the backend went sideways totally unexpectedly on a roundabout. Only covered 2600 miles on them and they will be removed as they are extremely dangerous. Driving for 26 yrs covering around 36k miles per year and never had tyres anything like this before.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2017
12 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
Given 40% while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Wet/damp road lateral grip is almost non-existent. Don't buy these tyres unless you think unexpectedly slipping off a low speed corner into a ditch sounds like fun.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2015
Given 83% while driving a Nissan xtrail 2.0 dci x3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
What a purchase, I have been running on these tyres for a winter season in Bavaria. I encountered all kinds of conditions and these tyres have been brilliant, I would definitely recommend.
8 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2015