Barum Bravuris 3HM

The Barum Bravuris 3HM is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Barum Bravuris 5HM

Tyre review data from 63 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 493,980 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 33rd of 43 tyres

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 20th of 50 tyres

2015 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 11th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Good handling on wet surfaces
  • Negative - Poor resistance to aquaplaning. Handling not good enough in the dry
  • Overall - The Barum Bravuris 3 HM has short braking distance on wet roads, and generally cope well with emergency situations, despite the relatively low grip. However, the tyres are too easy to aquaplane. On dry surfaces they react slowly to steering and are vague, but at least they not prone to sudden loss of adhesion. Braking performance is only average. Comfort is low, and noise level is relatively high.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 3HM

Questions and Answers for the Barum Bravuris 3HM

2018-03-23 - Which country produces this tires or there are several plants in different countries?

I'm afraid I don't know which plants produce the Barum Bravuris 3HM, it will likely vary with tyre size too.

Top Barum Bravuris 3HM Review

Given 80% while driving a Volvo v70 2.5 TDi (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Usually I don't like Barum tyres for summer season but reviews are right. This tyre is silent, comfortable, grippy (considering for road tyre) and doesn't squeek even during spirited driving.. Man can trust them. Some tyres are like driving on jelly fish but this isn't. Considering price, it is great deal.
205 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2016

Latest Barum Bravuris 3HM Reviews

Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 3HM tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Bravuris 3HM.

Given 69% while driving a BMW 320D (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
I already reviewed tyre at 9000 miles:
"Really good grip in wet, more than expected. In wet I drive them almost as it's dry and they really stick.
They are good and predictable in dry."

This has not changed. Tyre is really good, especially for the price. And they would last at least 10000 more miles judging by the thread wear.

BUT, I had to change them because they could not be balanced properly!
First when I changed from winter to summer, they balanced them (I went out for a coffee while they were doing it), I went home driving on motorway and my whole car was shaking from 50 mph. Driving 70 mph was impossible. So I went back next day to the shop, and they really tried to balance them but they couldn't. They would remove them from the wheel, put them again, etc to try to get them to be better. It was better, but not as it should be!

Because they have more life in them, I won't throw them, I will fit them to another vehicle that is only for city driving.
I bought Premium Contact 6 to replace them, and they are really really good (I'll leave review).

Because of this issue, I cannot recommend them to anyone who is driving outside of city.

1 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
For the price can't be beat. Last longer than continental and 40-50 quid cheaper per tyre. Grip in both wet and dry is also not far off the contis. I like to test a tire in all conditions....can hardly budge them even on roundabouts in the wet ....only after 15,000 miles and down to 3.5 mil are they starting to move a little but still feel safer than cheap brand new budget tyres I tried before. Only issue is for some reason recently I'm finding them hard to source!
4 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225/45 R19 H) on mostly motorways for 30,000 easy going miles
Bought these for my Jaguar xf 3.0 diesel, they've been a very good tyre. I'm not the racing type but they haven't let me down. The tyre walls have faired well having been forced into the gutter a few times by ongoing traffic. I've now done nearly 30,000 miles and I reckon there's probably another 5000 miles left. I've had them for nearly 2 years and I'm very pleased. If I can get them again I would, but proving difficult to source at the moment.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018