Rapid p609

The Rapid p609 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 54% over 109,472 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Rapid p609. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Rapid p609 Review

Given 41% while driving a Lexus IS200 (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
This is a very average tyre grip wise but the down side is they wear out really quickly, rear tyres lasted 4000 miles 2 Lt Auto no wheel spin . The front still had tread but the side walls had dried out and started to crack so had to change as well. Budget tyres are a gamble always check reviews. Estimated true value of these tyres ---£35.00---- +fitting
106 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2016

Latest Rapid p609 Reviews

Have you driven on the Rapid p609 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the p609.

Given 49% while driving a Hyundai Accent (205/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
New tyres on new wheels on new car . Very loud noisey things . Rumble rumble from the block tread . Done 4000k and looking to change them soon . Just don’t like them
3 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2020
Ford Focus ST250 (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I had one of these on the car when I bought it and when i replaced all 4 they said the grip was still medium. I got through the front ones and decided to buy another BCT Rapid P609 to go with the previous.

For me the grip has been alright and still lots of tread.

The worrying thing is the side walls perish faster and I have cuts and bumps in my side walls.

It came on very fast and is still developing. CHANGING these ASAP. DON'T BUY! Something will occur very fast in these before the mm of grip even looks low!
2 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 29% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R16 R) on mostly motorways for 4,872 easy going miles
I'm absolutely disgusted by having Rapid tyres fitted my all 4 wheels. I trusted the tyre shop but now I feel I'm betrayed by the tyre shop.

These tyres are unsafe anyway from new as they lack grip, handling, encourages poor fuel performance and above all it wears out too quickly. I had punctured tyre twice and thank god it wasn't on a motorway. It is disappointing to have your new tyre punctured. Surely, the tyre lacks strength and durability.

I was shocked once I felt floating on wet road which made my driving really difficult so I remained extra cautious until I reached my destination. I discovered the rear tyres were almost flat which is why my driving was difficult and extremely dangerous with such poor tyres. I would have been penalised by the police should they have found it.

I only drove 4872 miles after these tyres were fitted new and would never ever use this brand (Rapid Tyre) again niether I will even think of recommending this shoddy company to anyone. They are extremely poor quality dangerous tyres to buy and use.
12 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2019
Volkswagen (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40,000 spirited miles
I fit this tyres on my car 3 yrs ago and I still use them. I've done with them 40k miles till now and I will change them this year
For budget tyres I can say that I was overall satisfied with them.
On dry, grip was like 80%
On wet 60%
Wear rate - good(40k miles- rest 3mm)
19 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 53% while driving a SEAT Leon ST TDI FR 184 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Fitted by car supermarket to the front wheels prior to me buying the car.

These are not great tyres. They are about £35 fitted and you can see why.

They actually did okay over the warm, dry summer. Car not pushed that hard but struggled when accelerating hard from a standing start. Traction control kicked in, in the dry... Not great.

Thought they would be okay and will swop out when part worn. Then it rained. A lot. OMG - they have at least 6mm of grip and I thought I'd aquaplane. Hit any standing water, even at 60mph and you don't feel safe. Cornering and acceleration require gentle handling or you'll spin out. Feels like a higher quality tyre when it's at 2mm and starts to feel a little slippy. Shouldn't be like that when 6m old.

Mine are an XL tyre and the feedback is a bit stiff. They'll do a job if you want to potter around but I really don't think they belong on a FWD 184bhp TDI. I don't even drive it that hard.

My previous car had Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on them and they may cost more, but I can't drive this winter with such rubbish tyres. I have no faith in them at all.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2018