Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport

The Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Eagle F1 SuperSport draws on Goodyear’s racing experience to provide superior grip and handling. Responsive directional changes are ensured through the stiff tread ribs while a massive closed outside pattern, used on the tyre’s shoulder, provides control during load transfers in corners. A super-stiff sidewall design further improves handling without unduly compromising ride comfort. Although primarily developed for dry conditions, Goodyear has innovatively addressed wet performance through the deployment of a multi-compound combination that sees dry-optimized outer sections paired with three wet-optimized central segments.

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 1,900 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Tyre Reviews UHP Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the key dry and wet handling testing, with great steering feel and balance whatever the conditions. No lap time drop during dry handling testing.
  • Negative - Slightly weak wet braking, lower than average comfort and noise levels.
  • Overall - The new Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport brings the competition to the Michelin and Goodyear rivals, finding itself close to them in all key areas, and excelling during wet handling.
    Highly Recommended.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 vs SuperSport vs SuperSport R - 1st of 3 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Review

Given 92% while driving a Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
One word: fantastic! Truly a Michelin PS4s competitor!

Tyres I already drove on my 322hp Megane RS: PS4, PS4s, PS3, Nokian Powerproof and now the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport in 235/40/18.

Dry grip and feedback is great! Full throttle out of the corner is easy (works great with some added negative camber). It gives you so much confidence. The feedback is superb and now I really can push the car to its limits. I think they behave the same as the PS4s but it is difficult to compare because I've changed the suspension this year.

These Goodyears are a bit stiffer than the normal PS4 and Powerproof but I like that. Turn in is very good and it is hard to overdrive them. The ride is stiffer but the response is so much better and more direct.

In terms of noise: I find them quiet. At least, they don't drone at any speed. The Powerproofs do drone at 50kmh.

The looks: they look nice! Nice pattern and I do like the rim protection.

I would buy these tyres again! Great value for money! It shows me that Michelin is maybe a bit overpriced..
49 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eagle F1 SuperSport.

Given 95% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 400 spirited miles
Fitted 235/40/18 on my FWD hot hatch,
Pushing at 230whp and 400nm of torque on wheel, launching from standstill will full throttle shows almost to none wheel spin. This tyre provide 99.99% of traction.

Pushing my car to the max on the famous Malaysia genting highland winding hill climb road. Tyres show no sign of understeer, full throttle during corner exit show no traction lost despite being a fwd, tyre sidewall are stiff with minimal flex, so ride comfort may be on the harsh side.

Driving in the rain with heavy downpour, tyres gave me confident, cruising at 180kmph on wet on this tyre, car tyre feel planted on the road

Overall, totally satisfy with this tyre and definitely buy again, price is so much lower than MP4S, but tyre performance wise are almost on par with MP4S on dry,

The only cons I feel is that, I hope the rims protector will be fatter, just like the Pirelli PZ4, And squarer tyre shoulder just like michellin and pirelli Pz4. F1SS tyre shoulder looks more round to me imo.

Overall, will buy this tyre again.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Porsche 991 C2S (295/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Just had my first proper blast with the new Goodyear F1 SuperSport tyres on my Porsche 991 C2S

Off the line - it’s like being shot out of a cannon......

Grip around high speed bends is ridiculous.... got to push so much harder it still wouldn’t break away, balance of the car is so much more improved.
10 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2019
Given 84% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra ST 290 (FWD) (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
My first impressions on this interesting tyre, especially for us who choose to run 18” - kudos for GY for providing the 18” market. Also used on a powerful FWD hot hatch in estate form, with various chassis mods, lighter 18” wheels, rear arb, a few bushings and the odd spherical bearings. Compared to previous mounted Michelin Supersports (MPSS) 225/40R18 (235 not available). Before those, this car had two sets of Pilot Sport 4. All tyres changed already at approx. 5-4mm left so not comparing completely worn to new.

Off the car impressions of the ‘F1SS’ (’EF1SS’ is bit too much to be short, not to mention the other versions…) in 235/40R18 95Y:
Thread depth new: 7mm. Weight 10,2kg. Sidewall is substantial, with more thickness than I’ve seen before even on trackday tyres but without the cord, ‘meaty’ is a good description. Nice protection for the rim. Thread pattern relatively open, both between the large thread blocks on the edges and circumferential channels that are wider than the MPSS, so expecting aquaplaning properties that are not much compromised.

On the car impressions. Tested at 2,3bar cold pressure.
Dry traction very similar. Side dry grip a bit more than the MPSS, with reservation for them being a little wider although that is marginal at best. Wouldn’t want more grip in the dry, really. Tyres very happy to be pushed to the limit, feels like they were made for this, feels very progressive and, indeed, ‘meaty’ once they start sliding. Very confidence inspiring. The MPSS are a little lighter (225 MPSS is 1kg less) though and communicate more the surface condition. Definitely sportier than the PS4 that is relatively soft and safe in its limit behaviour. The other side of the coin is that the F1SS are more comfortable than the MPSS, my subjective noise levels are down (we have some really rough roads due to studded tyre use) and potholes are not as sharp compared to the MPSS. Subjectively I would say these sit halfway between the MPSS and the PS4 for comfort.

In the wet, the F1SS is on another level than the MPSS, and not far off the PS4. The PS4 is ultimately maybe a bit more tenacious and progressive on the limit in turns in the wet, but I could find surprising grip with the F1SS when the roads weren’t greasy. This is progress in compound for sure. So this tyre is much more a PS4S competitor than a Cup2 and for me a clear upgrade on the MPSS in the wet, they broke traction very easily when cold and only a bit greasy.
Not yet driven in downpours so no aquaplaning impressions yet.

Obviously cannot comment on wear yet, can’t see though that the thread suffered anything from a few spirited drives on country roads. Hopefully these aren’t too far off the excellent wear properties of the Asymmetric 5.
Will review these again before I change them, from what I've seen so far a definite recommendation, a very well rounded tyre for enjoyable road performance driving. The price was good too. All of course my highly subjective findings, YMMV.
19 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2019
One word: fantastic! Truly a Michelin PS4s competitor!

The looks: they look nice! Nice pattern and I do like the rim protection.

49 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019

See all 4 customer reviews of the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport (newest first) >>