Hifly HF805

Hifly HF805 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 81% while driving a Lexus Rc 350 (265/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I had Bridgestones which were factory fitted on my Lexus RC350 F sport. At almost $450 each, I got 2 HIFLY' 805 plus $150 change for the price of 1 Bridgestone. I only changed the front 2 as typically you get what you pay for. I can't fault them after about 15,000kms travelled already. They still look new except where I smacked one against the kerb but the tyres are always inflated correctly (Lexus has tyre pressure sensors) and I push the car hard sometimes. Road noise is maybe marginally higher but there is no compromise to handling in any conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2019
Given 57% while driving a Fiat Panda (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 19,000 spirited miles
Take my review with huge dose of distance and humour, please. Okay? ;)
Fiat Panda doesn't sounds serious enough for most of people. Especially if modified. But yeah, I'm the owner of Panda 100HP deeply modified. 240HP from 1.4 engine sent on 15" rims which usually wraps the asphalt and ignites rubber ripped off from tyres ;) So generally absolute craziness ;) I've had fitted looooads of rubbers and surprisingly quite often 'big famous circles' couldn't make it any better than Chinese brands. So for me it wasn't a good point to spend pile of tough earned coins if I could have the same or sometimes even better effect for much less. Toyo Proxes or Goodyear Eagle in my opinion the biggest 15" tyre crap ever if to choose for track day. Falken doing very well on dry and Uniroyal on wet from 'big brands'. But in everyday life, for ordinary people or all those with tight budget and looking for 15" rubbers, they can stick with Highfly HF805's with no fear for everyday miles. Good quality as for the price you need to pay for. But, of course, your choice is in your hands... ;) It's my choice too because I am saving money when I changing tyres 1-2 times per month according to my mad driving style... :P
BTW looking for decent 15" rubbers for serious track days? Google it and count for around 1k per set. Life hurts bro! ;)
5 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2019
Volkswagen Transporter (255/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 miles
I use these on a VW T5 9 seater and will continue to use them.

They give a fair grip in the wet and are awesome in the dry. They are a summer tyre with M&S (mud and snow) markings and they reacted well - we didn't get stuck when others did.

Road noise is minimal. They wear out just as fast as the Continentals I had before and are just as grippy.

The van is a heavy weight and these tyres have proven their worth.
8 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2019
Given 42% while driving a Mazda 6 (215/45 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Very disappointed. These tyres fitted in my Mazda Atenza 2006 and only lasted for 14000 km.
I mainly drove in New Zealand town roads and some motorway, day grip was average but when wet it was dangerous.
I drove on heavy rain day when it first fitted (day 3 I believe) and it had very limited grip, it slips very often when i re-start in the lights in wet condition and I was just doing normal acceleration, always had to be extra careful in wet condition.

The tread was almost all gone when i replace them in just 14k km.
I understand it is a budget tyre but with the total performance and experience i would not recommend it at all.

Dangerous, do not last. I end up replace them with Good Year Eagle F1 Directional 5, so far so good.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 100% while driving a MINI Mini Countryman Cooper Petrol (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
Put on front of a 2013 plate Mini Countryman to replace 2 worn Continental’s just before a spell of really bad weather set in (snow, sleet and ice) and l was amazed at the superb levels of grip these two Hi Fly’s gave in such conditions.
Don’t listen to the people who knock Chinese tyres as they are usually the one’s who’ve never even tried them! Indeed, most of the so-called premium tyres these days originate from the Far East anyway. Save yourself a fortune and buy Hi Fly.
Geoff
11 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
bought my golf and it had Hifly 805 on the back with continentals on the front, the fronts quickly wore out so decided to fit same as on the back Hifly 805 and was delighted with the tyres.... good grip in dry ...good in the wet and lasted easily 20k... liked them so much that when tyres needed replacing got full set fitted for just short of £200... no issue in recommending
13 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2018
BMW (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
This is my second set of Hifly tires. I don't know why this brand gets so many bad reviews. Maybe it depends on the car, or the tire size.
I have them fitted on my BMW with 225 on the front, and 255 on the rear axle. The performance is fine. I have quite some torque on the rear tires and not for one moment they become dangerous. They let you know in time when you reach the limit of grip and communicate clear. On wet and dry. Also I drive regularly on the German highway with average speeds of 250Km/h for several hours, never had any issue with the tires.
Of course, with 600NM of torque my car can make any tire spin and loose grip, but the Hifly's simply do a good job.
The last set I had lasted 40000km which is less than A-brand tires. But those also cost the double. Overal a good performance for the money and a safe drive.
21 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2018
Given 47% while driving a Dodge Dart (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 spirited miles
These tires were on my 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye when I purchased it. I'm not sure where the previous owner got these tires but they are the worst I've ever had. Previously I had Continental Pro Contacts and they were excellent in comparison.

I have skid on both dry and wet pavement with these HiFly tires. They are noisy and uncomfortable. I have rotated them every 4k-5k miles, balanced and aligned my vehicle and the tires are still loud, uncomfortable and slick.

Needless to say, I am very happy that after my 22k miles on them that I am throwing them in the trash and installing new tires this week. I would not recommend these tires.
15 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017
Given 53% while driving a Mazda 2010 SP25 (205/50 R17) on mostly town for 8,000 spirited miles
These little puppies were fitted to the front axle only when I purchased my car. They were only fitted a week prior to purchasing the car. I was actually surprised at the dry weather grip levels as they were a tyre that I would never ordinarily consider.

My next suprise was when they were on the wear indicators around 13,000km later. To be fair, I never rotated them, and although I'm not a hoon, I was reasonably hard on them. Still, buyer beware that they're about as durable as a lemonade sandwich
31 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2017