Maxxis Victra Sport VS01

The Maxxis Victra Sport VS01 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Maxxis Victra Sport 5

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 14,000 miles driven.

2016 Test World Performance Tyre Test - 9th of 13 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on dry roads, low noise
  • Negative - Weak grip and not enough good handling on wet roads

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 225/45 R17 - 16th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry
  • Negative - Weak on wet roads

2015 Auto Bild Performance Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned
  • Negative - Poor handling and long braking distances on wet surfaces, poor resistance to aquaplaning
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Victra Sport VS01
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Victra Sport VS01. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Victra Sport VS01 Review

Given 80% while driving a Citron C4 Grand Picasso (215/45 R18 W) on track for 0 average miles
It is a tire that had my doubts at first, but it was recommended to me by a tire shop and for now I am very happy, as for the value for money. The dry grip is very good and the curving behavior is excellent.
78 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2017

Latest Maxxis Victra Sport VS01 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Victra Sport VS01 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Victra Sport VS01.

Given 84% while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Bought these tyres years ago as were fairly cheap n was really surprised at how well they performed, dry grip is brilliant and also wet grip is really good n I’m a very spirited driver, had a 550hp bmw n these were on the front, also a few other BMW’s I’ve had, on a mk4 golf n these were awesome now about to try on my Impreza as love these tires
5 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Nissan R32 GTS25 Skyline (245/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
initial installation was really good tires and rims litterally didnt need weights to balance for my konig hypergrams freaked the tire shop guy out (i use hubcentric rings to make sure its perfect on car too)

tires weren't noisy but you could hear it slightly with the windows down but its way overpowered by the wind or radio
handled well and while my car is known to step out i could comfortably throttle steer it

traction was there for my car the harder i cornered the harder it gripped into corners id litterally have to really push it at high speeds to lose traction on corners

i could still easily break traction on my drive wheels which wore out really fast in my opinion but im doing lots of burnouts

when the tires got past 70% they became very unpredictable in rain as most of the thread was gone but this is pretty much every single tire ever and it was the most fun time for me anyway,

front tires held up very well

i live in Jamaica an island in the Caribbean so we have a combination of really hot roads in poor condition as well as lots of new highways to stretch out the car on, i regularly commute through rain so ive been able to drive these tires on various terrains, bumpy roads weren't bad and i didnt have to slow down horribly

my car is around 2850lbs so its not the heaviest and heavier cars would perform differently with these tires in my opinion
4 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Audi A6 TDI Quotro 3.0 S Line (225/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought these tyres fitted to a 2012 A6 Avant Biturbo. Initially I felt the whole car had some vibration in the chassis but it was only in Germany that I discovered the wheels had not been balanced correctly as the vibration became intolerable at 85 -100mph. Back in the UK I had the wheels checked and they were a long way out. I have not been able to test drive the car at the speeds driven in Germany however the improvement and overall smoothness is much improved up to and around 70mph. I was surprised at just how much weight the tyres took to get them in balance and it is possible that the previous owner has driven the car with out of balance wheels causing uneven wear but there is in excess of 7.5mm tread on the tyres so ??? I have never experienced so much weigh on a car Iv owned before including my previous A6 which was on 17" wheels and Pirelli P7. Where the Maxxis VS 01 beet Pirelli is road noise the Pirelli's absolutely screamed on some of the M25 concrete sections. Too early to fully know these tyres but as a bit of a tyre snob Maxxis would not be top of my mind as a choice for my A6 ....but I live to be surprised.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2018
78 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
So far these tyres are proving very good indeed. Considering the price, the performance ratings are up there with brands costing considerably more. Having changed all 4 tyres from Uniroyal rainsport 3's, I have to say I was apprehensive at first - but I needn't have been. These tyres are much better than the rainsport 3's in my opinion. For starters, the tyres seem quieter and more responsive. Grip-wise, they seem slightly better if anything yet wear far better and evenly. Even in the wet, the tyres perform admirably and consistently. The ones I have at 225 45 18 are reinforced, so plenty sturdy enough for my Astra TDCI SRi. Maxxis are well respected amongst mountain bikers, cyclists, ATVers, Clio cup racing etc etc - seemingly this knowledge is 100% transferable to road going tyres. Excellent ones at that! To sum up: Brilliant tyres for the money and no doubt people will cotton on to this very soon. Hopefully this won't result in a price hike, because as it stands, they really are a gem.
12 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015