The Pirelli P Zero PZ4 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car
The Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) is the latest update to the iconic P Zero sports car tyre.
This tyre replaced the Pirelli P Zero
Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 62,327 miles driven.
Latest Group Test Results
2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres
- Positive - Excellent dry handling, short dry and wet braking.
- Negative - Unstable at the limit of wet handling, poor lateral aquaplaning.
- Overall - Good.
2018 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres
- Positive - Good grip in the dry and wet, accurate steering and good balance.
- Negative - Nervous at the limit during weight transfer, relatively weak resistance to aquaplaning, high rolling resistance.
- Overall - Recommended.
2017 Car and Driver UHP Tyre Test - 3rd of 5 tyres
View All Tests >>
- Overall - Pirelli’s latest P Zero—reengineered for 2016 and identified by a small PZ4 molded into the sidewall—can be driven fairly quickly, as evidenced by its dry lap time, the second fastest in the test. Doing so, however, requires focus to toe the limit and patience to delay throttle inputs slightly. Without that diligence, it becomes easy to overdrive the tire, at which point grip levels fall off rapidly—but not as detrimentally as with the Goodyear—making graceful and quick recovery difficult.
Even a driver of Geswein’s caliber can’t make the P Zero more than a midpack performer in the wet, as the Pirelli’s grip takes a big hit when the water flows. The P Zero used 109 feet of pavement to stop from 50 mph in the wet, 14 feet more than the best-in-test Continental. The Pirelli also tied the Goodyear for the lowest lateral grip in the wet at 0.75 g.
But it does offer commendable compliance on the road, and at $153 apiece, it’s the cheapest tire here. When we look at the test results, though, there’s a clear dividing line separating the top tier from the rest of the class. The Pirelli is on the wrong side of it.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli P Zero PZ4
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli P Zero PZ4. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!
Ask a question
We will never publish or share your email address