The Pirelli P Zero PZ4 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car
The Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) is the latest update to the iconic P Zero sports car tyre.
This tyre replaced the Pirelli P Zero
Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 8,900 miles driven.
Tyre Test Highlights
2017 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres
- Positive - Very good handling and precise steering response on dry roads, good levels of comfort
- Negative - Relatively long stopping distances on wet surfaces, poor resistance to lateral aquaplaning, increased noise
- Overall - Recommended
2017 EVO Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres
- Positive - Fastest in both the dry and wet.
- Negative - Poor curved aquaplaning score.
2017 Car and Driver UHP Tyre Test - 3rd of 5 tyres
- Overall - Pirelli’s latest P Zero—reengineered for 2016 and identified by a small PZ4 molded into the sidewall—can be driven fairly quickly, as evidenced by its dry lap time, the second fastest in the test. Doing so, however, requires focus to toe the limit and patience to delay throttle inputs slightly. Without that diligence, it becomes easy to overdrive the tire, at which point grip levels fall off rapidly—but not as detrimentally as with the Goodyear—making graceful and quick recovery difficult.
Even a driver of Geswein’s caliber can’t make the P Zero more than a midpack performer in the wet, as the Pirelli’s grip takes a big hit when the water flows. The P Zero used 109 feet of pavement to stop from 50 mph in the wet, 14 feet more than the best-in-test Continental. The Pirelli also tied the Goodyear for the lowest lateral grip in the wet at 0.75 g.
But it does offer commendable compliance on the road, and at $153 apiece, it’s the cheapest tire here. When we look at the test results, though, there’s a clear dividing line separating the top tier from the rest of the class. The Pirelli is on the wrong side of it.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli P Zero PZ4
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli P Zero PZ4. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!
Ask a question
We will never publish or share your email address