Pirelli PZero Rosso

Pirelli PZero Rosso Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 100% while driving a Audi S4 (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 4 spirited miles
Run these on my 500+ bhp Audi S4 Quattro.
I have ran the Rosso’s Before. Fantastic tyre. Tyre is rated as a AO spec.
Car is driven hard! Took the car to Europe 175-180 mph and no issues.
Tyres have been on 3 years and have covered a very hard 4500 miles. Still on 5mm.

Great tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2018
Given 75% while driving a Jaguar XK8 (225/40 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Rossos were fitted to my XK8 when I bought it 2nd hand 6 or 7 years ago, with uneven wear and since I only drive the car in the summer I decided to change the tyres only as each of them approach the legal limit, so have stuck with the Rossos. My overall impression is pretty good, with decent grip and feel, although anyone who has driven an XK8 will know that whilst they ride superb, steering “feel” isn’t a strong suit, regardless of the type of tyre being used!

My only slight complaint is the high-ish levels of road noise, which in such a quiet car as an XK8 can become a little annoying. If I ever get to a point of having to replace both tyres on the same axle then I would probably go for a Goodyear, Dunlop or even an Avon alternative.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2018
Given 43% while driving a Audi TT S (225/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
My review is for Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres which came fitted to my 2012 Audi TTS Roadster.
The tyres in general are just ok EXCEPT in the wet.
I've noticed that when negotiating a most smaller roundabouts in the wet there is a SERIOUS grip problem.
In the situation described upon leaving a smaller roundabout (not Mini roundabouts) even under moderate acceleration in the wet the front wheels spin causing the TC light to flicker.
Its quite easy to get the front wheels to spin in the wet in a straight line.
I also drive a 1.4 Turbo petrol Zafira on budget tyres and Its much better in this respect, in fact I've never experienced anything like this on any other front wheel drive car. Remember, my Audi is a Quattro with 4WD !
i feel the dry handling is also a little underwhelming.
The tread on these tyres is almost as new as they were fitted by the Audi with the previous owner very recently.
Its worth noting also that the problem I've described will arise after a lot of driving when the tyres are warm although I've owned the car since last September so my experience has been in the Autumn and this Winter in colder conditions.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 40 spirited miles
Fitted as new to my Yeti 4x4 L&K 170BHP these tyres have been superb. But they have done 40,000 miles and show about 3mm of tread left and whilst the car feels as though its on rails in the dry, and it performs well in most other circumstances I have opted to try Michelin CrossClimates as I believe these more contemporary tyres would suit my needs better. I am trusting the many reviews to b a true reflection. Don't underestimate these brilliant Pirellis if your driving is spirited and predominately on the dry. .
0 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2017
Given 59% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (225/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 17,500 average miles
17,500 miles on a mark 7 golf gti with mostly a road driving, I changed them today for a full set of Michelin super sport ps4s. I probably could have squeezed another 2000 miles out of them, which I think is impressive wear, but that’s about it for positives. Terrible in the wet, very hard (hence the good wear I guess), ok in the dry - far too noisy - not a tyre that should cost as much as this.
Can’t wait to try out the ps4s’; have always loved a super sport tyre - had them on my m135i and now have them on my m2.
Probably a bit fancy a tyre for the humble golf, but i can already tell it will be night and day better than these Pirelli’s.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2017
Volvo (235/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
On a Volvo XC60 2.0 FWD these have been excellent, the rears have done 50,000, the fronts were replaced with same tyre at 25,000. All due to be replaced in next couple of months. The tyres feel secure in dry and wet, as they approach the end of life (all around 4-5mm now) the wet braking and aquaplaning is a little worse, lateral grip still effective and reasonably quiet.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2017
Audi S5 (255/30 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
I've had these on my Audi S5 for the past year and wouldn't swap, great power delivery with Quattro 4wd and decent wear considering the power.
5 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2017
Given 53% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Noisy, loud, harsh and cupping. Well, my experience with this tyres are not really good. I just don't understand why Alfa Romeo fitted this tyres for there top spec Giulietta QV TCT model. The normal P Zero are "ok", but this tyre just isn't. It is not good in any class, isn't therefore good priced and are loud as hell.

Luckily, after 25.000km they are almost finished, so i'm moving back to Kumho PS91, which were fitted below my last Giulietta. Better price, but WAY better tyre. More quiet, more grip, more progressiveness.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2017
Given 63% while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on mostly town for 19,000 average miles
Driving a Volvo XC60 AWD 2.4 diesel. Disappointed at the level of noise from the front wheels at 19,000 miles. There is several mm of wear left but the noise is unacceptable over 40mph. A low hum can be heard by all in the car. I would understand if it was near the end of its life but these could last for another 6 months at least. Will not buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Grip is really good on a dry road! Grip is decent when its wet but still hangs on in a tight cornor.
Overall a strong tire!