Rotalla RU01 S Pace

The Rotalla RU01 S Pace is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 30,200 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Sports Cars Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, low noise level, very low price
  • Negative - Dangerously long wet braking distances, strong understeer and unbalanced behavior on wet surfaces, weak grip and sluggish steering response on dry surfaces
  • Overall - Not recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rotalla RU01 S Pace
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Rotalla RU01 S Pace. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Rotalla RU01 S Pace Review

Given 69% while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Bought four new tyres for my Saab 9-3 2008. Good tyres with nice grip and handling but a little bit too noisy in my opinion. Very good budget tyres for a "normal" driver.
68 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2017

Latest Rotalla RU01 S Pace Reviews

Have you driven on the Rotalla RU01 S Pace tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the RU01 S Pace.

Given 53% while driving a Audi Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro (255/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 1,500 average miles
After less tha 15.000 Kilometers the car sarted to "rumble". It turned out that a big bubble had appeared on the inside of 1 tyre. I was lucky it did not explode. Never ever buy these tyres, they are dangerous!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2018
Given 62% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,300 average miles
I bought these tires based in their rating on this site and a combination of their EU label rating, mainly noise. They seem to have a great overall rating in all of the above.
I am generally happy with them in the dry. Although in near-limit grip situations they don't feel too confident, but they don't have to at this price range either.
My most critical opinion has to do with their wet behavior. While they perform OK as long as you never land in an emergency situation, I have been surprised quite a few times as they have lost traction under acceleration in as high as 3rd gear and I don't mean an aggressive acceleration by any means.
Verdict: If you are a confident driver, with a well handling car, behave yourself in traffic and are looking to save money on tires I would consider these.
But if you are not interested risking driving with tires that have quite scary wet handling behavior at times, then please go for something else. Drive safe.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2018
Trying to pick a winter wheel and tyre size? Watch this video!
Given 84% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 123 (190/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 average miles
Superior wet performance to Kumho! Soft tyres with slightly less life in them than Ecsta HS51s, but a substantial change in driving terrain might be a contributor. Huge exterior groove seems to make them very resistant to slipping in the wet - be careful with frame ramps, they tend to catch.

Had them on the front with a set of part-worn (~5mm) Ecsta HS51s on the rear and so far that seems the perfect setup on my car.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2018
Given 80% while driving a BMW 330ci (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
It was cheapest tyres of that size in my coutry. Usually I don't buy chinese tyres, but this was for my weekends car. And I was impressed of them! They balanced ok, grips good in dry and wet. Only disadvantages was that they stinked first month and they were noisy at first, but became quieter after few tousends km. But it's not those things in which you should look when buing cheapest tyres. Diven about 5000-10000km this summer, I think they will last at least 2-3 summers more.
I can't understand why spend 4-5 times more for famous brands or buy old, restored, repaired, damadged used tyres for the same price? Nowadays China makes phones better than western countries, so why they can't make a good tyre?
16 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2017
Given 85% while driving a Kia Motors Rio (205/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
When reading other reviews about these tyres I notice that some people are putting them on high performance vehicles. If you have a high performance vehicle you need high performance tyres. These are NOT high performance tyres.

I believe they are the perfect solution for everyday driving/commuting on normal vehicles. I own a 2009 Kia Rio 1.5 CRDi and so far these tyres perform incredibly well for budget/mid range tyre.

Road noise is very low and the grip in both wet and dry conditions is incredible and in my opinion the best I’ve owned in this range of tyre.

If you own a low performance run about like me, then I would highly recommend these tyres, but if you own an M3, Impreza, Evo, etc, then look elsewhere at the likes of Michelin or Pirelli’s as those cars deserve, and need, to be running on the best tyres money can buy.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2017