Sava Intensa UHP 2

The Sava Intensa UHP 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 184,600 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 11th of 43 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 12th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on dry and wet roads, good value for money
  • Negative - Poor steering response and a tendency to understeer on wet surfaces
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Sava Intensa UHP 2 Review

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
75 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Intensa UHP 2.

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 3 series (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 miles
Fitted after bridgestone S001 runlats, it's like day and night.. BMW f30 is not loud inside and much more confortable even 98 Y XL's
15 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2017
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I replaced the pirelli p zero rosso on my C230k and I have used these Sava tires for 3500km , is the first time to put these tyres On wet grip the braking is very good and dry grip is almost excellent. Has a very low noise level and is very comfortable . I am impressed , low cost and of course have very good grip so i am satisfied with these tyres . I belive is the best choice.
16 - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 5 (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres on my Mazda5 1,6D for 5000km for now. First impression is nice. Good soft ride, a bit soft sidewals comparing to Dunlop SportMaxxRT and Bridgestone Potenza RE050 which I have driven on my second Mazda6. Very good in rain for now and also in dry. UHP means ultra high performance but I would rather name them more sport touring tyres. For now very very satisfied. Even soo I have put another set on my Mazda6 in dimension 215-50-17. And interesting - both sets are made in Germany :) And bought in Slovenia :)
5 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2017
Given 62% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
i just want to correct the information of a previous reviewer here : Sava intensa are not made in Goodyear factory in Germany and their thread is not identical to Asy3 F1. All Sava's are made in Slovenia and intensa UHP2 are Sava's version of Fulda SportControl 2. They are identical to Fulda SportControl 2 but a bit cheaper, and quite improved in all aspects comparing to previous intensa UHP. Both Fulda and Sava belong to Goodyear group.
16 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2017