Sava Intensa UHP 2

The Sava Intensa UHP 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 237,400 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good aquaplaning results, low wear, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - Slightly reduced wet grip.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 17th of 45 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 11th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Questions and Answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

2019-02-05 - could you please give me the treadwear rating on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 215/55/17 R17 98W thank you

I'm sorry, we don't yet keep treadwear rating on file.

Top Sava Intensa UHP 2 Review

Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
204 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Intensa UHP 2.

Given 46% while driving a BMW 330i (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very noisy tyre, quite good on wear : I have finished them in 20 000 miles on a rear-wheel drive BMW with many slight drifts and one intensive track day.
However, the tyre lose all ability with wear : it was OK when new (as the reviews show as well), but as soon as it went over half its life, it was a disaster. No grip at all, especially on wet roads. I haven't even finished them on the front (225/40/18) as I was using the ABS at each hard braking, even in the wet. I was too scared, it was unsafe.

I do not recommend them at all, I swapped it for a Michelin PS4 and the car is transformed.
19 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
I've done 10,000 miles with those Sava tyres, and the grip is good in all weather, they are definitely quiet and there still seems to be plenty of life in the 2 I've got, and just ordered another pair. So, overall, pretty happy, they only feel softish when, for example, driving around roundabouts.
21 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Given 97% while driving a BMW 335i (255/30 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 miles
Very impressed, so far the tyres on my particular car are extremely quiet , almost silent, good progressive grip and give plenty of warning prior to understeer setting in . Great dry and wet grip . 4 tyres bought for 360gbp fitted. So much better than the awful Pirelli pzeros that were on the car previously .
22 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Best value for money tyres for me guys! The tyres is very good at wet braking distance. Also it is very comfortable ride now. It runs good with minimal noise. I am curious how it will perform after 2-3 years. Before I had pirelli Pzero Nero gt and the ride comfort was harsh and at wet was too slippery and many km to warm up.
18 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2019