Sava Intensa UHP 2

The Sava Intensa UHP 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 217,400 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good aquaplaning results, low wear, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - Slightly reduced wet grip.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 17th of 45 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 12th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on dry and wet roads, good value for money
  • Negative - Poor steering response and a tendency to understeer on wet surfaces
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Questions and Answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

2019-02-05 - could you please give me the treadwear rating on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 215/55/17 R17 98W thank you

I'm sorry, we don't yet keep treadwear rating on file.

Top Sava Intensa UHP 2 Review

Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
188 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Intensa UHP 2.

Given 86% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
I've done 10,000 miles with those Sava tyres, and the grip is good in all weather, they are definitely quiet and there still seems to be plenty of life in the 2 I've got, and just ordered another pair. So, overall, pretty happy, they only feel softish when, for example, driving around roundabouts.
7 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Given 97% while driving a BMW 335i (255/30 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 miles
Very impressed, so far the tyres on my particular car are extremely quiet , almost silent, good progressive grip and give plenty of warning prior to understeer setting in . Great dry and wet grip . 4 tyres bought for 360gbp fitted. So much better than the awful Pirelli pzeros that were on the car previously .
15 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 85% while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Best value for money tyres for me guys! The tyres is very good at wet braking distance. Also it is very comfortable ride now. It runs good with minimal noise. I am curious how it will perform after 2-3 years. Before I had pirelli Pzero Nero gt and the ride comfort was harsh and at wet was too slippery and many km to warm up.
10 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
To correct once more the ....corrected information. Sava tyres are made in various factories across the Goodyear group, some are found to be made in Germany (Fulda & Dunlop factories) some in France (Goodyear & Dunlop) some in the original Slovenian Sava factory, and in Poland (by Debica), as well as in Turkey (Goodyear). Thats a common practice with tyre companies groups in Europe.
12 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
After posting a very good initial review, it's time to update after 2 seasons on a car...
Dry grip still phenomenal for the price, only when I compare them to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my other car, do they fade in comparison. Loads of feedback, very predictable on the limit. Soft sidewalls do not bother me at all, as I feel the tyre better in the curves.
In the wet, they have lost some of the grip they had when I bought them, but still very good. 7/10
Wear is also better than expected, more 5-6mm left after roughly 15.000km.

Still my top recommendation for price/performance. I will definitely buy them again when I'm done with this set!
15 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2018