Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

The Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The ADVAN FLEVA V701 tyre reinforces the company's premium product line ADVAN, with a new concept focused on increasing drivers control of the car. The new high-performance sport tire brings greater driving pleasure to a diverse group of car owners, from sport car lovers to drivers of limousines, compact cars and CUVs.

The new tyre will be available from July 2016 in 24 sizes, with 43 sizes ranging from 195/55R15 85V to 255/30R20 92W available in early 2017.

Tyre review data from 24 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 42,873 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short dry braking, low noise, low fuel use.
  • Negative - Average grip and handling in the wet, high wear.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 16th of 45 tyres

2018 Auto Review 225/45 R17 Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 Review

Honda Civic (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Using this tire and I am on my 3rd month. So far so good. Excellent traction on dry surface and wet. With 300 treadwear AA traction A temperature.
298 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2016

Latest Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Advan Fleva V701.

Given 88% while driving a Peugeot 308 SW 1.2 PureTech (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 150 miles
Superb grip and handling, best tyres for handling I've had on this car and far better than the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance tyres they replaced.

Not as quiet as the 67db rating would suggest. Fuel use is pretty average and similar to previous Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 3 spirited miles
Totaly impressed with them!I had Toyo T1R...Michelin Pilot Exalto and Pilot Sport 3 the past years,and i was impresssed by each one them over the OEM Toyo R27 and also each one of them had some " + " & " - "...and found out that some how there must be some tyre for my car that might have the least compromises from all the available ones(!)...I have many expectations from a tyre myself...Beacause i enjoy driving in every way...whether its a boring city driving in the morning or a demanding mountain blast late at night!So the best tyre for me sould be grippy and very responsive wet or dry...for my blasts...and also as comfortable,safe and quite as posible during daily driving and traveling....And i am very pleased to say that the Advan Fleva V701...was the best tyre i've ever driven!!!It fitted my cars suspension and dynamic chracteristics perfectly!Something thas also worth mentioning is the fact that it remains civilised even at the limit(!)...I just love them!I definately recommend them to all those who have a car same class as mine and have the same needs as me !
5 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 97% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
After spending a ridiculous amount of time considering and studying the options from all the usual suspect, I fitted Yokohama Advan Flava V701 tyres to my 2007 MkIII Mazda MX5 (29,000 miles) as a replacement for the factory-fitted Yokohama Advan originals - which still had 4mm tread remaining but the outer side walls were cracking due to sun exposure etc. The first immediately noticeable improvement was the lower road noise . . . and I mean much lower! Comfort has also been dramatically improved: potholes and speed bumps are no longer teeth-jarring. Feedback from the tyres is tip top and every bit of the MX5 'Jinba Ittai' experience is retained. It's too early to comment on how well the tyres last, or on fuel economy. Would I make the same choice again? Definitely yes!
4 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (195/45 R16 W) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
In the dry the tyres grip extremely well and give excellent feedback. In the wet, hitting standing water at speed (50+mph) means you will aquaplane but I don't know any tyre that would 100% stop that. Normal wet driving is fine.

You will get some torque steer and wheel spin if you pull away quickly. That may be more to do with the car than the tyres though.

Braking distances seem much reduced, but the ABS on my car is phenomenal anyway.

Wear is comparable to Continentals I had before.

Seem quiet enough but there is a bit of resonance at speeds around 70mph, although that could be wheel balancing? I will get it checked.

I have used these tyres for many years and will not change to any others.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Mostly used for daily driving around city area in malaysia. Recently took it up to sepang F1 circuit, was quiet enough on the highways compared to my previous achilles 123S. On track the feedback is very precise,could feel the tire flex when it happens and easily controlled. Doesn't shock you when it's past the limits of grip and surprisingly good compared to semi slicks.
28 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2018