Achilles A/TR Sport 2

The Achilles ATR Sport 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 161,812 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Achilles ATR Sport 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

Questions and Answers for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

2016-10-06 - Can I use these in New York in the winter?

The ATR Sport 2 is a summer tyre so will offer very little snow and ice grip during the winter months.

Top Achilles ATR Sport 2 Review

Given 40% while driving a BMW 320 d (245/35 R19) on for 5,000 miles
Do not buy these tires unless u habe a deathwish.
In dry performance is good but in weth terrific! I
645 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2017

Latest Achilles ATR Sport 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles ATR Sport 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ATR Sport 2.

Given 66% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK (245/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Very good for a dry road no problem even 200+km/h, but really bad for the wet road. For my SLK 250, even a normal pushed on the gas pedal made the wheels spin and always slips on the water, the most dangerous tires I've ever tried on.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mazda 3 MPS (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
Had a pair of these ATR Sport 2 on my car for a year, for the fronts.
First half with daily driving duties, while the second half it was used mainly on the weekend drives up winding roads / highway runs
With 450nm torque on the front tyres these tyres really put up a better-than-expected performance, similar to brands twice it’s price. Despite being 400treadwear rated, it grips very well in the dry, and in the wet it had decent performance (only towards the end of its useful life did it struggle for traction in the wet).
Feedback is superb as well, lots of warnings when it’s about to reach the limit of grip, fun on winding roads.
Not as noisy as the Kumho V720, grips like the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymm 2, and durability that exceeds both those brands, for its price i would definitely give it another go. Very pleased indeed
20 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019
Given 41% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Put on by dealer as a replacement for low tread on the car we were buying - DO NOT BUY if you want a car you can drive in the wet! Dangerous tyres.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 27% while driving a BMW 330 d sport auto (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
When I bought my f30 330d these things were brand new on the rears. All I can say is that they are frightening in the wet and have no place on any performance car. Sideways on roundabouts at low speed was a common thing. Glad to get them changed.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 36% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I am driving BMW 3 series with over 200 horsepower.

I decided to give a try on Achilles ATR Sport 2 because I am trying on default alignment settings (the previous settings destroyed my premium tyre in 8000 KM) and hence i went for the budget Achilles.

Let's be honest. I fitted these on my rear. The dry grip is normal, and on one occasion, I tried speeding over 150km/h in a curve corner and the tyre bounce up and skid. I nearly loss control because of this. This would never happened had i fitted with my previous Continental Sport Contact 5p.

On another occasion, i was driving about 50km/h in a corner with 50km/h speed limit. It was a lil bit wet. I decided to rev up and the rear skid like fitted with a rolling shoe.

Moreover, I am using 265/30/19. All tyre shops told me that this tyre is having a soft side wall which will not withstand pothole which in result ruin my rim quicker.

I have no idea why some people says that Achilles ATR Sport 2 grip like Michelin and Continental. IT IS NOT. Not even close. maybe they are driving some 1998 hyundai accent or corolla.

You get what you pay for. I've been telling everyone that I know of, do not consider this brand at all if you love your life.

However, if you are driving a dull Toyota Corolla with 100hp, you can always go for this.

I am going for either Continental ExtremeContact Sport or PS4S next.

Do not believe anyone that says this tyre grip like glue. It isn't. Otherwise you would regret later.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018