Achilles A/TR Sport 2

The Achilles ATR Sport 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 153,800 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Achilles ATR Sport 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

Questions and Answers for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

2016-10-06 - Can I use these in New York in the winter?

The ATR Sport 2 is a summer tyre so will offer very little snow and ice grip during the winter months.

Top Achilles ATR Sport 2 Review

Given 40% while driving a BMW 320 d (245/35 R19) on for 5,000 miles
Do not buy these tires unless u habe a deathwish.
In dry performance is good but in weth terrific! I
471 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2017

Latest Achilles ATR Sport 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles ATR Sport 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ATR Sport 2.

Given 41% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Put on by dealer as a replacement for low tread on the car we were buying - DO NOT BUY if you want a car you can drive in the wet! Dangerous tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 27% while driving a BMW 330 d sport auto (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
When I bought my f30 330d these things were brand new on the rears. All I can say is that they are frightening in the wet and have no place on any performance car. Sideways on roundabouts at low speed was a common thing. Glad to get them changed.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 36% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I am driving BMW 3 series with over 200 horsepower.

I decided to give a try on Achilles ATR Sport 2 because I am trying on default alignment settings (the previous settings destroyed my premium tyre in 8000 KM) and hence i went for the budget Achilles.

Let's be honest. I fitted these on my rear. The dry grip is normal, and on one occasion, I tried speeding over 150km/h in a curve corner and the tyre bounce up and skid. I nearly loss control because of this. This would never happened had i fitted with my previous Continental Sport Contact 5p.

On another occasion, i was driving about 50km/h in a corner with 50km/h speed limit. It was a lil bit wet. I decided to rev up and the rear skid like fitted with a rolling shoe.

Moreover, I am using 265/30/19. All tyre shops told me that this tyre is having a soft side wall which will not withstand pothole which in result ruin my rim quicker.

I have no idea why some people says that Achilles ATR Sport 2 grip like Michelin and Continental. IT IS NOT. Not even close. maybe they are driving some 1998 hyundai accent or corolla.

You get what you pay for. I've been telling everyone that I know of, do not consider this brand at all if you love your life.

However, if you are driving a dull Toyota Corolla with 100hp, you can always go for this.

I am going for either Continental ExtremeContact Sport or PS4S next.

Do not believe anyone that says this tyre grip like glue. It isn't. Otherwise you would regret later.
4 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 57% while driving a (225/45 R17 V) on for 0 miles
Let's start off by saying you REALLY get what you pay for. I had a blowout on BRAND new ATR Sports 2 at under 160km but luckily there were no cars around me. In the rain, these tires are absolutely terrible and my ABS was kicking in all the time. The only redeeming quality of these tires is that they have OK dry grip. However, due to the mentioned cons, I would not recommend these tires to anyone. These tires are dangerous and should not be sold. You will buy twice if you buy these tires. Just spend a little bit more and get something that is good quality.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (295/35 R21 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Got these on a Cayenne S, they replaced Michelin Latitude Sport tyres that wore down after 20,000km. These have lasted 40,000km so far with about 50% tread remaining. They're definitely quieter and softer to ride on. I would say more on the comfort side. Steering is not as sharp as the Michelin's, wet grip is definitely a big improvement. Have driven these tyres to 250kph and am very confident they are well made.
26 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2018