Bridgestone Potenza s02

The Bridgestone Potenza s02 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Potenza S01

This tyre has been replaced by the Bridgestone Potenza S02A

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 160,300 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza s02
245/45 R16 90Y
265/35 R18 93Y   G B 73
265/35 R18 0 N-1 G B 73
225/40 R18 0 N-2 G C 71
245/40 R18 93Y   G B 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Potenza s02. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Bridgestone Potenza s02 Review

Given 60% while driving a Porsche Boxster 2.5 (255/40 R17 W) on mostly town for 8,000 spirited miles
A nice looking tyre, which I know is important to some people...., though really not that relevant! When I bought my car it had these tyres fitted, so I just replaced like for like. They gripped well in the summer, but lost all adhesive properties through last winter! When the temperature dropped as low as it did, the rubber appeared to go pretty hard, which led to a lot of slip, even when on dry surfaces. This was especially noticeable when parking, when, the first time I realised I had a problem, I thought I had a worn track control rod allowing the wheels to jump! It was a really strange sensation. As it was, and after inspecting all joints, it was purely as a result of the extreme cold affecting the tyre. I realise that summer tyres aren't even 50% effective in the winter, and hence why most of Europe switch to a winter tyre to maintain performance and grip. Of course 'N' rated winter tyres are hideously expensive, though can be purchased for £200 each rear tyre, and £160 each front tyre. Non 'N' rated can be obtained cheaper, but the practice of using non 'N' rated tyres, always causes extensive debate. The Bridgestones have only lasted me 8000 miles on the rear, were very poor in the winter, though are cheaper than Continental, and Michelin alternatives. If you are going to be using the car all year round, I would recommend switching to winter tyres in the winter once temperatures fall below 7 deg, until they rise again. A swap to a spare set of 16" wheels would reduce the cost of the winter rubber, or budget for the cost of swapping the rubber twice a year on your existing wheels for £10 - £15 a wheel (valve and balance). I have just fitted a pair of Continental Sport Contact 2 Tyres (N2), as I can't afford unfortunately at this time to put on winter rubber. I will review these tyres in due course, especially with how they fare over the winter. On a side note....., summer tyres also wear much quicker in the winter than in the summer!
5 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2011

Latest Bridgestone Potenza s02 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza s02 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Potenza s02.

Given 77% while driving a Nissan 200sx (225/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Good medium performance tyre grips quite well. Very stiff and can give a back ache. Was surprised it felt more grippy in the wet compared to other tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2016
Given 64% while driving a Volkswagen Golf IV 1.9 TDI 110 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Best grip tyres I ever had, amazing.

Bought the car with the tyres, and not knowing mileage on them.

Dry and wet grip was the same, amazing. Even (very) hard spirited driving.

Noise levels, confort and wear didn't get me. Specialy wear, but this was a very sport tyre (And a very good one). Wear was very fast.

Traded for touring sport tyres.

Recommended for grip and safety over everything in a really sport car and sport driving.

0 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2015
Given 61% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 800 spirited miles
Probably one of the most frustrating tyres I've ever used. Bought a new set of 4. Took them on a 230 mile road trip to Cadwell for a track day. Came home. Checked inside edge on front tyres. Almost on legal limit after 600 miles! Absolutely shocking wear rate. Annoying because they're incredibly progressive, grippy and communicative. Will be trying Federal RSRs next.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2015
Given 63% while driving a Porsche BOXSTER 2.7 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
I have now had three sets of these tyres on my porsche boxster, one set went through 2000k, i have had the geometrics done on the car and all fine but still have had three sets in 12 months. Local sport automative garage have said they havent seen anything like it so now changing brands completely. the total mileage on three sets was 15,000k
2 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2012