Cooper Discoverer A/TR

The Cooper Discoverer ATR is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 75,236 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Cooper Discoverer ATR
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Cooper Discoverer ATR
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Cooper Discoverer ATR. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Cooper Discoverer ATR Review

Given 90% while driving a Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 (245/75 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
Hi I bought Cooper Discoverer AT tyres for my Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 a number of years back and think they are fantastic tyres. I got over 80 000kms out of them - they handled extremely well on my 4x4 and yes they were not the greatest off road - well as an All Terrain they were very good. Most of my travelling is on road anyway so what do you expect. I currently have Cooper ST's on my van - they are noisier than the ATR, but off road handling is very good. On road is suprisingly ok, but the ATR were tops! I would like to have 2 setsof tyres - 1 set of ATR and one set of ST!! :)
Allan from Pinetown South Africa
6 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2012

Latest Cooper Discoverer ATR Reviews

Have you driven on the Cooper Discoverer ATR tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Discoverer ATR.

Given 73% while driving a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (275/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 31,000 spirited miles
Bought my Chevy truck with these on fairly new, never seen them before. In awe at how much pounding they took. I was hitting curbs, driving over ugly looking rocks and the tires had no problems. The tires are 6+ years old and I've done 3kkm road trips with no problems. For this alone I am getting another set. Alas I managed to drive straight over a bottle and get a nasty puncture, which while mended makes me think the tires are getting old enough to swap.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2015
Allan from Pinetown South Africa
6 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
I have had these for 55,000 kms on a Landcruiser & found them a good all-round tyre. Road noise is good for an all terrain tyre and they have done about 10% off road time, mostly beach & bush tracks. Play with the tyre pressures & I haven't had any chipping etc. This tyre gives the versatility that the OEM tyres simply don't - and they wear better - the toyota is an AWD all the time and is known to be hard on tyre wear and these will last twice as long as the OEM tyres. Would recommend again.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2012
Given 86% while driving a Toyota 99 Hilux SR5 4WD (265/70 R15 R) on a combination of roads for 57 average miles
Gday,

I use to have the Bridgestone ATRs which I thought were not that bad until I tried these Cooper ATRs.

On loose off road\tracks there is no tracking of the rear tyres no tyre punchers. If you get these you dont know what tyre pressure you should have when off roading. I always have my tyres at 28psi or maybe 24psi when on loose off road tracks and have NEVER had a problem and I'm upto my second set so thats over 100,000kms and no probs.

When driving on road I have 34psi in the tyres. Drive for 30min and then chk again. Will buy these again and again and will recommend them to anyone.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2012