Falken FK452

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Falken FK452 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 204 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 2,620,366 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Falken FK451
This tyre has been replaced by the Falken FK453

Falken FK452

Falken FK452 Reviews

Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (275-30-20-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,700 spirited miles
I bought a complete set of these in a staggered fitment, 245/30/20 on the front of my 07 Ford FPV Typhoon, and 275 30 20 on the rear. the fronts are half worn but the rears have just melted in the rain or whatever as I only got 6000 kilometres out of them until they were well below the wear indicators. of which the last 3.5mm disappeared over one weekend trip which covered 1800 km.
I have had a better life from Dunlop Sport Maxx 245/35/19 on the same car getting 14000 km from them, Maxxis 245/35/19 getting 12000 km out of one set at 42 psi pressure and 9000 km out of another set at 36psi.
I got better mileage and grip from Nankang NS2 255/35/19 which lasted 12000 km at 39 psi.
I definitely wont buy these Falken tyres again. I am about to try some Goodyear 285 25 20 Eagle F1 Asymmetric and will report on those in due course. I wish Vredestrain tyres were available in New Zealand as they seem to have the best reviews, I cant justify Pirelli or Michelin at $1000 NZD a tyre I cant see them lasting twice as long..
tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 (225-45-17-)
These are good tyres, especially as they used to be very cheap...
But, when the price of them rose dramatically, I went over to Nankang NS2 (which are significantly cheaper) and I noticed very little difference.
Good dry grip, OK wet grip, good feedback.
The Falkens are a decent, solid choice, but I think they are over-rated - they certainly don't deserve a 90%+ rating as some people on here seem to suggest!!
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Falken FK452? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken FK452 or any other tyre.
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318is (245-35-17-W)
Really good tyre in the dry but unpredictable in the wet. Good wear & comfortable for a low profile tyre!
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (235-45-18-R)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 27, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup (225-35-19-)
Driving on mostly town for 19,000 average miles
I replaced a set of Kumho KU31's with these FK452's on my 2007 Renault Megane sport about 2 years ago. The weird thing with this change in brands was the difference in width. The original Kumho's were 235/35 and when I went to replace them with the Falken of exactly the same size they were about 15mm wider and would not fit under my car! I had to settle for 225/35 size which was a little more expensive but almost the same width as the 235 Kumho's.
Other than this issue the tyres were quite good on my car. All aspects performed pretty good of a tyre of this price and they lasted ok too. Because of the factory alignment in the rear of my car and the "square" side wall of the 452's I had a bit more outer wear than I would have liked.
Also the side walls are very stiff!! One time I was sitting outside my car looking at it thinking one tyre looked a little flat so thought I would check... it had 3psi in it!! and looked not much different to the others with 32psi.
I believe the 453's are a step up again but am tyring Kumho ku39's next.
tyre reviewed on March 23, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (235-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Tires have a pretty good grip on wet and dry conditions . I always felt confident to drive fast on motorway or track. But tires are very hard and quite loud. There is no comfort at all . You feel every crack and bend on the road. Wear is very poor . I had to replace front tires after one season driving.
tyre reviewed on March 14, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330D (225-40-18-)
I took my 3 Series off run flats and added these. Great tyres - highly recommend.
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 35,000 spirited miles
Amazing tyres they replaced my conti ssr and wear is much better handling better price for price will definitely put these baby on again pretty surpised as a lot warned me about road noise but their is no issue there...
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
These tyres are on the front off my car and they have been perfect, no issues with understeer, loud noise, amazing grip in the dry, wet,braking. For the price I paid for the front two, these have turned out to be a real Gem, cant wait to try out the FK453 or the ZE914's.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Territory (245-45-19-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
These are the worst directional tyres I have ever purchased, and I have been driving on directional tyres for over 25 years.
The road noise is terrible, been back to whom I purchased them from and they said I needed a wheel aligngement which I new was a load of rubbish but paid the money and had it done and of course no difference.
I will be taking these tyres off and replacing them with Bridgestone tyres which I have always used, thought I would save a bit by changing to Faulken tyres never again they are RUBBISH....
tyre reviewed on January 12, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: