Falken FK452

Falken FK452

The Falken FK452 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken FK451

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken FK453

Tyre review data from 206 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 2,670,366 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Falken FK452
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken FK452
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken FK452. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Falken FK452 Review

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318is (245/35 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Really good tyre in the dry but unpredictable in the wet. Good wear & comfortable for a low profile tyre!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014

Latest Falken FK452 Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken FK452 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the FK452.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track (245/35 R20 R) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Wow. Got these for my first tuner Genesis. Loved them since day one. their performance and grip kept exceeded my retarded driving for which im still alive to write this review haha. Fit my budget too so 100% would recommend if you have restricted budget but want performance tires :)
0 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2016
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Smart Brabus (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Bought these a couple of years ago as rears for my Smart Brabus - both started cracking very quickly (noted on the MOT's) but still held. They've worn exceptionally quickly too, within 10k miles. I'm having to replace due to being on the limit, definitely not going to purchase again.

Not sure how to rate grip, they're fine in the dry, but in the wet there have been a few chilling moments under normal conditions. I wasn't inspired with confidence.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2016
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (275/30 R20 W) on mostly country roads for 3,700 spirited miles
I bought a complete set of these in a staggered fitment, 245/30/20 on the front of my 07 Ford FPV Typhoon, and 275 30 20 on the rear. the fronts are half worn but the rears have just melted in the rain or whatever as I only got 6000 kilometres out of them until they were well below the wear indicators. of which the last 3.5mm disappeared over one weekend trip which covered 1800 km.
I have had a better life from Dunlop Sport Maxx 245/35/19 on the same car getting 14000 km from them, Maxxis 245/35/19 getting 12000 km out of one set at 42 psi pressure and 9000 km out of another set at 36psi.
I got better mileage and grip from Nankang NS2 255/35/19 which lasted 12000 km at 39 psi.
I definitely wont buy these Falken tyres again. I am about to try some Goodyear 285 25 20 Eagle F1 Asymmetric and will report on those in due course. I wish Vredestrain tyres were available in New Zealand as they seem to have the best reviews, I cant justify Pirelli or Michelin at $1000 NZD a tyre I cant see them lasting twice as long..
0 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
These are good tyres, especially as they used to be very cheap...
But, when the price of them rose dramatically, I went over to Nankang NS2 (which are significantly cheaper) and I noticed very little difference.
Good dry grip, OK wet grip, good feedback.
The Falkens are a decent, solid choice, but I think they are over-rated - they certainly don't deserve a 90%+ rating as some people on here seem to suggest!!
1 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014