Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS

The Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 56,300 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS Review

Given 86% while driving a Fiat Bravo (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
very good tyres exellent in snow and gold weather caution in much water to aquaplaning
1 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2015

Latest Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS Reviews

Have you driven on the Matador MP 59 Nordicca MS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the MP 59 Nordicca MS.

1 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
My driving style is very progressive as I like to test tyres to see what their limits are in all conditions. I've been through all brands of summer tyres on my 220 bhp st220 and vectra 150sri but this was my first set of winter tyres. I went from 215/50/17w in the summer to 225/45/17H.
Bought Them on 15 dec 2012 when it was 5 degrees only for it to go to 12 degrees the next day and for the following week! However this gave me a chance to get them scrubbed in and test them in slight warmer conditions......Review as follows
At 12 degrees I drove them on a 800 mile round trip from the north east to wiltshire. Dry grip was really good and they were comfortable, similar to Barum bravuris2. Yes they are a softer compound but if you raise your tyre psi a little in warmer conditions it limits any movement in the softer sidewall/compound. I know some have commented on the wet grip not being up to scratch but let me explain the characteristics of the tyre with respect to this....if it was raining or roads were damp I pushed them hard accelerating on roundabouts, and although they don't inspire 100% confidence like premium brands in the wet such as Michelin ps2/3 or Goodyear assym 2 , they have never let go or felt even remotely dangerous an I would put them at 95%... I drove in torrential rain for several hours and they were great. The only time they twitched was when they aquaplaned slightly going through a 10ft long, 3 inch deep puddle at 60mph, but I don't know many tyres that wouldnt twitch slightly in similar circumstances....
7 degrees and below.... The tyre performance improves the colder it gets. When it got down to 0-3 degrees they felt similar to my summer tyres with regards to comfort... Below 0 and again performed great..... We've now had 5 days of snow and ice so I've had the chance to test them properly down to -7. In soft snow or snow on ice they've been great.... I've headed for every snow covered hill in sight including one at a 50 degree angle covered in ice with 3 inches of fresh snow... Went up and turned no problem in 2nd gear with only slight movement when turning after I applied a few too many revs....obviously you still can't drive like an idiot in snow but u can trust them as long as your are sensible... Don't think you would get stuck in snow at any time.... In slush or wet snow they are not the greatest when turning as they slide slightly , but they soon regain traction... In straight lines it's no problem......I would put this down to the tread pattern as there is no continuous block in the rubber which would help prevent the side movement...
In summary they are a decent tyre... Looking at reviews of other winter tyres i would imagine they are a slightly cheaper version of the continental winter contact ts830p, about 30 quid cheaper per tyre fitted...

0 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013
Given 80% while driving a Fiat doblo (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
I had a set of these put on our Doblo Cargo a few weeks ago in anticipation of the cold, and possibly white, winter ahead. Although they've only done around 500 miles so far, they seem to be very good. Temperatures haven't really got above 5 or 6 deg, and some mornings have been icy - initially (first 100 miles or so) the tyres felt a bit 'squirmy' and I felt a distinct tendency towards oversteeer, but they've either 'settled' now, or I'm used to the feeling! I've driven through standing water at reasonable speeds, and not noticed any aquaplaning, and on wet roads the tyres offer good grip and show no scary traits when cornering - bear in mind that though the Doblo's not driven flat out, and its in no way a performance vehicle, so these observations are relative to that style of driving! They cost me just under £50 a corner, so quite a saving on 'premium' brands for something that, to me at least, offers just what I was looking for (so far!) in a winter tyre. I'll report back if it snows!
0 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2012