Maxxis MA Z1 Victra

Maxxis MA Z1 Victra Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 86% while driving a Jaguar XJ6 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 37,000 average miles
I had these tyres fitted to my Jag XJ6 as they were all that was in stock on Boxing Day a couple of years ago when a tracking problem had scuffed the fronts to nothing. I ended up fitting them on all wheels, they lasted 37,000 miles so replaced all 4 with another set 2 years later; these lasted another 35k miles so refooted again but sold the car 8 months later so do not know the eventual state. I was really impressed (Jaguar were less so!) as they worked well and lasted an amazing time when fitted to a large, powerful and heavy. I would certainly refit though I believe they are now out of production.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
This is the ultimate all round tyre, they were on my Subaru upon purchase and I've discovered they are a real dark horse. The car is subject to abuse at the weekend and I've never lost confidence wet or dry. As mentioned by a previous review these appear to be out of production. Apparently it's down to noise limits which is ridiculous as the tyres aren't heard in a loud car like mine. Thankfully I've sourced a full set having kept my eye out online. I'm confident Maxxis may somehow bring the maz1 back into production.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2017
Given 50% while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S line Cabrio (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 700 average miles
I drive an A4 S line cabriolet, so noise is a going to be slightly higher in mine than in a full body, but I really did notice that these tyres are very loud, so loud that I was convinced my bearings had gone, there's also a bit of a vibration that comes through the pedals, wheel & gearstick, this may or may not be related, but the tyres definitely do not help.

Grip on the otherhand is great, only driven about 700 miles in them so far, so not sure on the wear.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2016
Given 90% while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Well its time to rplace these tyres and I'd love to buy them again but Maxxis has stoped making them, I also need them for motor racingand as Maxxis has no others approved by the Motor Sport Association I can't use any of there other tyres :( but all in I have covered 30k miles roughly on these tyres andthey have been good in all weathers reasonable in snow, good in wet and superb in dry, as well as being excellent once upto temperature on the racing track (Brands Hatch) althought it was cold and damp in January when I went.
I only hope I can find some new tyres this good.
BTW it took a little time to get tyre pressures correct for these tyres about 6 psi under what manufacturer recommended due to larger size so well worth making sure you get your tyre pressures sorted.
19 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2016
Given 50% while driving a Audi Q3 (235/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Needed a budget tyre as changed just before Christmas.

Good in dry weather, Ok for local roads in the wet.

If you drive on the motorway in wet conditions at 50mph you get loss of grip - didn't want to test any higher speed! No way a B rated wet tyre which I have seen advertised.

Only good for local roads. Changing after 1000 miles
0 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2016
Given 57% while driving a Mazda 6 (235/45 R19) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
These tyres were £120 each which were about £40 cheaper than falcons or similar there not great in the wet okay in the dry but the fact that they are very noisy and wear fast my fronts are down to 2mm in 8k town miles. I would not buy again unless i was on a tight budget.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Audi S6 (255/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Fantastic tires, read a lot of reviews before buying them and I have to admit that I was a bit aprehensive, but in retrospective, it was a great decision, I dont know if they dont last long, had them for only a few weeks but they grip incredibly well on dry and wet tarmac and look really good. Noise is not an issue, no more than any other high performance 3x pricier tire I tried. They ride very comfy for an agressive tire design. Bought these to replace the OE Pirelli P Zero on my Audi C7 S6 and I can't believe how close they are in terms of handling and road feel. My brother followed my advise and installed them on his MB C63 AMG and he is very happy aswell.
Two thumbs up for Maxxis.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2015
Given 59% while driving a Toyota Prius (195/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Good looking tyre sadly that is the best comment I can give about the tyre. These were fitted to my Prius when I purchased it, they were in as new condition. After approximately 5000 steady miles the tyres have hardly any wear but have started to crack in the tread pattern on the outer edges of both front tyres. The full set were fitted in 2013 and have covered 9000 miles since fitting. Hardly a good track record considering they need changing so soon but not because of wear but because of poor quality.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2015
Given 26% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4 Motion (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 30 spirited miles
No way! These tyres are noisy. Way below European standards.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Vauxhall Astra VXR (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Great tyre in my opinion, done a few track days with these on and they never let me down, indeed at Cadwell park going into the trees section too fast was sure i would come off track, but no, they hung on and got me through, (buttock clenching moment) surprised at the wet grip, better than i thought they would be so confidence inspiring, downside to these tyres is that they are noisy, but to be honest i don't buy tyres because of how quiet they are.
can't fault these tyres.