Radar RPX800

Show all: Radar tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Radar RPX800 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 81,500 miles driven.

Radar RPX800

93%

78%

68%

Radar RPX800 Reviews

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Camry (225-45-17-)
It is like riding on balloons. I love and dislike it a bit. It is super comfortable on long american highways. The stop and go gives quite a bit of dive and nose up than I would like but it would be perfect for old folks.
It isolates the road noise the best I have had. Better than the Michelin. That has really made me love this tire. Around the corners it is something else, because of its balloon like softness, the sidewalls do not have enough stiffness so around fast corners there is a bit of screetchiness. There are times at 10 miles per hour that I get screeching as well and everyone looks at me as if I was speeding. I would totally recommend this for old folks who love cushy soft supple ride. Young guys looking for cornering I would recommend staying away from it.
This is the first I have heard of these tires and I would say they are damn good.
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 5 door (225-45-17-)
I had this tyre fitted after a puncture. It was sold as a budget tyre so I wasn't expecting a great deal from it. The handling in wet conditions is not great so I'm very glad I don't have 4 of these tyres on my car. I notice loss of grip mainly when going around roundabouts in wet conditions. The tyre does seem to be hard wearing so you will get the mileage out of it, however I wonder if this same fact is contributing to loss of grip when cornering?
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2012
Looking to buy the Radar RPX800? Click here to search for the best price for the Radar RPX800 or any other tyre.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford KA 1.3 (165-65-13-H)
An interesting tyre. Replaced a mix of Toyo 350 and Contis. More than enough dry grip, more comfortable than the Toyo and as quiet as the Conti. Seem to be wearing very well too.

Wet grip is variable. On normal wet roads they're good, and braking seems to be excellent (for a budget tyre) on any road, however they seem to suffer on the warm greasy roads we're getting in the UK at the moment due to a wet summer. I'm not sure if it's the tyres or the roads, but sometimes they'll randomly understeer.

For the price I'm pretty sure they're better than any other budget tyre and a lot of so called mid range tyres.
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (205-55-16-V)
Good value and good performance - excellent mileage from my set
tyre reviewed on May 9, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: