Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

The Toyo Proxes T1 Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1R

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport plus

Tyre review data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 393,670 miles driven.

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 225/45 R17 - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry
  • Negative - A little weak in the wet compared to the best on test, relatively high wear

2015 EVO Magazine Performance Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Overall - As the cheapest tyre on test, you'd expect the Toyo to struggle against the premium competition, but finishing last in nine of the twelve tests left the Toyo a full 25% behind the winning Continental overall.

2015 Auto Express Tyre Test - 11th of 11 tyres

• Overall - A disappointing test for Toyo, finishing in the bottom three in nearly every performance test.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

Questions and Answers for the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

2016-09-24 - Please advise if the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport is a run flat tyre or not?

The Toyo T1 Sport is not made in any runflat sizes.

2017-12-16 - I have bought a pair of Toyo 275/35 ZR 19 and a pair of Toyo 285/35 ZR 20 tires for my 2014 Shelby Mustang, which has a manufactures top speed of 202 mph (323kph) The horsepower at standard is 662 This has been raised to approx. 800. The question is, will these tires be safe at approx. 330-340kph, what is their maximum speed rating?

An interesting question. To obtain a speed rating, the tyre must be run at 6.2 mph steps for 10 minutes at a time, which means by the tyre has reached it's maximum speed rating, it will have been run for a significant time at high speeds. Z rated tyres are rated at 150 mph / 240 kmh +. As you are looking to take your tyres to such a high speed, it is my advise to speak to Toyo directly.

Top Toyo Proxes T1 Sport Review

Given 99% while driving a BMW 325i M Sport (235/35 R19) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I put these on to replace the Bridgestone RE050 run flats. I find that these tyres absorb the road bumps far better than the Bridgestones, although that could be because these are not runflats. I find them to grip as good or better than the Bridgestones, with good steering feedback. Maybe the BMW is better insulated to sound, but I certainly don't find them to be noisy (as some people have suggested) in fact I think that on some road surfaces that these are quieter than the run flats. I cannot complain about wear either. I have about 15,000 klm's on them and they are hardly showing much wear at all. All up I'm extremely happy with them and would buy again
61 - tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014

Latest Toyo Proxes T1 Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Proxes T1 Sport.

Given 90% while driving a BMW X6 M (315/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I love these tyres I used to buy run flats Bridgestone huellers but wanted to try these, I previous had some toyos on my evo and wanted to try them on my X6 and I was pleasantly surprised, they grip so well especially accelerating and cornering but a big heavy suv. So much quieter then my previous ones and smother on a run. Highly recommend these on a big car
3 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2019
1 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 34,000 average miles
I'm using Toyo Proxes T1 Sport in my Mazda 6. They are excellent in every sense. I've done 54,000 kms on them and they still look new (low wear level). Their noise level is also low and car run is very smooth. One of the best tyres I've used.
10 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2018
Given 59% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (235/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I am really disappointed by the sensitivity to bumps and "channels" on the road. As soon as they enter the "channel" (usually left by frequent trucks' passes) the tyres become uncontrolable... At first I thought it had something to do with the car, but this stopped happening once I mounted the winter Kleber tyres. So evidently, it has something to do with this specific tyre. Hard breaking also often leads close to strong deviation to either side... Nothing that I would expect from Toyo. I will not buy them again
6 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2018
Audi TT (225/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 12,000 spirited miles
Replaced my Pirrelli P Zero’s on my Mk2 Audi TT Quattro Black Edition after getting annoyed with the noise of the Zero’s and quick wear at 12000 miles. Very impressed with the 71db and markedly quieter in the cabin with the Toyos Sport . Wear wise these again outdo the Zero with minimum 17000 a set before i change them out. At £120 a tyre fitted on Black Circles these are cheap. A good mid range tyre that ive happily had on my car several times and would do again happily.
7 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2018