Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Uniroyal Rainsport 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Mazda Mx5 2008 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
I got rainsport 2 fitted to my wife's mx5 after she complained that the car felt as though it was sliding on bends in the wet. I took car for a run in the wet and the car was a death trap the Mazda dealer had fitted nexen tyres to car they were okay in the dry but deadly in the wet. I went straight to the garage and got rainsport 2 fitted this completely changed the car awesome tyres
18 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2017
Given 73% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres are a great all rounder used them in snow/ice and track days they have great grip in dry but found they over heat when pushed in the dry. The grip in the wet is amazing nearly as much as in the dry. I found the side walls to be a bit soft and at times felt as though the tyres would be pulled off of the rims. Due to the soft compound these tyres did wear quickly.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2017
Given 63% while driving a Lexus GS450h (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 38,000 easy going miles
Replaced the manufacturer's recommended tyres with these after good reviews and sporty appearance. Not cheap! Road noise, especially at motorway speeds, excessive.
Wear rate unacceptable for a semi-premium tyre. Will not buy again.
Currently have Nexen 6000 front tyres which are quieter, look good and are wearing much more slowly.
Michelin on the back - too soon to report.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2016
Given 54% while driving a Toyota 2006 Avalon (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
They were fitted to the car when we bought it, rears were near new and the fronts were about half worn. Grip in the wet is fine, dry grip is OK but not as good as I'd expect from a high performance summer tyre, the sidewalls are soft so the ride is comfortable but the handling a bit imprecise compared with other high performance summer tyres. The tyres can be a bit noisy on some road surfaces but not too bad.
After about 10k miles of mostly motorway / autobahn driving the fronts are worn out, and whilst the rears still have about 4-5mm of tread, the LH rear is making a horrible noise and vibration at 4-50 mph, and again from 70-90 mph. Wheels bearings, wheel, brakes, suspension etc all in good condition so it has to be from the tyre.
Looking at other tyres to replace these.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 29, 2016
Given 80% while driving a Renault twingo (195/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Well, they are a little bit noisy and maybe uncomfortable. I bought them in the begining of the summer drought and I thought: "aghhh, what a mistake"... And then the rain fell... And I fell in love with this tyre.
The way Uniroyal Rainsport 2 performed in wet conditions was absolutely breathtaking. I have never experienced anything like that. Gave me so much confidence that I waited for the rain to fall just to take my Twingo133 for a ride, it grips like hell and you just enjoy cruising and speeding around as the water sprays from V-shape lines behind you.

Downsides? There are some, but I forgive them all.
Anyway, let me mention it: on dry and hot conditions, the tyre turns slowly, as the "side-wall" is a bit soft. It is strange in the begining as the car dives in a corner with a milisecond delay, but it's not a problem once you get used on it.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2016
Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen fox (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
There's nothing worse than having to do an emergency stop or manuovre in the wet. But with these tyres, the only problem will be other cars not being able to stop behind you.

Handle very, very well in damp to very wet weather, the car handles almost like the road is dry. I do like to push to the limit from time to time, and sometimes I can't reach the limit of these.

I have used these on a vw polo and vw fox, and will always buy these again as I value wet weather confidence over outright dry weather performance.

Fitted all 4 tyres from new and still loads of tread left so far after around 21000 miles and over nearly 3 years.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
These tyre certainly perform well - I've used them on 3 different cars. A 2 litre petrol Mondeo, a 2.0 litre TDCI Mondeo and a 2.0 TDCI SRI Astra hatch. They grip well in the dry, seem resistant to aquaplaning in the wet whilst they have good tread depth. Wear rate is fairly high - but with empathetic driving, I reckon 9k - 10k miles is about the most you can expect - less if you drive in a more spirited way. Road noise is a little higher than some and whilst new, the tread depth is very high - so feedback and progression is a little odd until they settle down. Side walls are not as strong as other tyres so avoid potholes or rocks - one of my 8 pairs developed an egg shaped buldge as a result of driving over a stone, but was sorted quickly under warranty. Good tyres overall - when you can find them but not cheap.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015
Given 84% while driving a Renault Clio 182 (225/45 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Had an almost new set of these on the front when I purchased my car, after a 18 months and 20 k miles they finally need replacing. Had no issues in the wet or dry so will give the Rainsport 3s a go for sure!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TDi (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 31,068 average miles
I bought this tyres 4 years ago. They are 215/55ZR16 93W. Grip of this tyres is excellent. This tyres are looking very narrowly. I won't buy them again because there is RainSport 3 tyre a newer model.
Everyone who drive VW Sharan 2001-09 on 16 wheel buy XL tyres. I have made a mistake buying standard tyres instead XL. I will replace them with RainSport 3 XL
0 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Ford Focus ST170 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 20 average miles
great tyres on my st170!