Achilles Desert Hawk XM/T

The Achilles Desert Hawk XMT is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 62% over 120,020 miles driven.

2016 All Terrain and Off Road MT Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Overall - Although Achilles - a budget brand, the ability of these tyres on the roads is impressive, especially considering the price. Achilles is not very stable behavior on the roads, but firm sidewall eventually allowed them to enter the top three.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles Desert Hawk XMT

Questions and Answers for the Achilles Desert Hawk XMT

2017-09-01 - What pressure do these run at? (265-75-R16) 10 ply laid E

The tyre pressure for the Achilles Desert Hawk XMT is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

Top Achilles Desert Hawk XMT Review

Given 29% while driving a Nissan (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Brought a set of 20" Achilles xmt mud tyres they were down right dangerous on the road in the wet.The car would fish tail if I turned the steering wheel side to side

221 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015

Latest Achilles Desert Hawk XMT Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles Desert Hawk XMT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Desert Hawk XMT.

Given 81% while driving a Toyota hilux (265/75 R15) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
I’ve been running a set of these in 31/10.5/R15 for the last year and the only complaint I have is they are shocking on wet bitumen like the slightest turn of the wheel and you are sliding about. In saying themat tho after about 30 minutes of driving the tyres handle slightly better in the rain. I’ve been through bug holes without a problem. I’ve snatched mates up hills you can’t walk up on foot. The amount of grip these tyres have is unbelievable, you add that with the self cleaning and they are unstoppable. I’ll defin buy them again. I’ve done 25,000 ks on them and still have around 50% tired left on them. I would have more but let’s just say they wear a lot when spinning the wheels on bitumen.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2018
Given 33% while driving a Nissan Navara 3.0L V6 (265/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I had a set of xmts on my stx450 navara and they were deadly with he slightest hint of rain on the road, they lasted me 20,000km before they came off my Ute because they were getting worse and worse and knobs had started coming off after 15,000km
I puke never buy these again and I urge people for their own safety to steer clear
16 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2018
Given 30% while driving a Toyota hilux (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These tires literally fall apart when put into any situation that you would need mud tires. Fast gravel grip is ok.
23 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Ford F 150 (235/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
I've had these on my truck now for a year. They are great tyres! Very good traction in the mud, self cleaning works well. They ride smooth with little noise, good handling on wet or dry pavement. Show little signs of wear. I would purchase them again.
33 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser (305/70 R17) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
If you need a tire to take you anywhere your vehicle is capable of going, this is the tire that will get you there. I've driven thousands of miles on the open road across terrain from rough pot-holed city streets to mud, sand, gravel, snow and 12000 feet above sea level crossing the Rocky Mountains and exploring desolate regions of Southern Utah in winter, at times making my own road. I would have have trusted my life to these tires when help would either have taken days to reach me or not at all. I rarely run a set of mud terrain type tires more than a couple of years (averaging 15,000 miles/year) and when it's time for my next set I will be reordering these. I only wish the raised black letter outlines came in white so I wouldn't have to paint them myself.
27 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2016