Bridgestone DriveGuard

The Bridgestone DriveGuard is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 255,860 miles driven.

Reports

2017 Mid Range Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - Very precise steering in wet and dry, good grip
  • Negative - Noisy compared to the best in test (but good for a runflat!)
185/65 R15 92V XL   E A 69
195/65 R15 95V XL   C A 70
205/55 R16 94W XL   C A 70
215/55 R16 97W XL   E A 70
225/45 R17 94Y XL   C A 70
225/50 R17 98Y XL   C A 71
225/40 R18 92Y XL   E A 70

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone DriveGuard

2016-06-20 - When will the Drive Guard be available in size 245 / 50 R18, and the cost? Also what run flats are available in All Season Tyres, for the size above?

We haven't been notified of a 245/50 R18 Driveguard, but Bridgestone are expanding their range all the time so keep an eye on the "sizes" tab. Likewise, all season tyres in that size are very hard to find.

Top Bridgestone DriveGuard Review

Given 96% while driving a MINI Cooper Coupe (195/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Only recently fitted but these tyres have transformed the drive quality of my Mini Coupe. Highly recommended as a run-flat option.
111 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2016

Latest Bridgestone DriveGuard Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone DriveGuard tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the DriveGuard.

Given 93% while driving a Toyota Prius (225/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
When I first got this car it was 3 years old and I kept it on the original Bridgestone tyres up until approx 2 years ago I will say that the Drive Guard has transformed this car. The only downside is the ride is hard but you feel like you have control and when you hit a pot hole it seems to just glide over them. I do not think they are noisy and I have found that since fitting these the car has no over or under steer and where you point it it goes. Also Tyre wear is good for this type of tyre (less than half worn on front wheels at this millage) and Yes I will replace them with same when they are worn.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 9, 2019
Given 43% while driving a BMW F31 318d x drive (205/60 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
Worst "premium tyre" I have experienced!

This tyre is a disaster!
They came mounted on my BMW F31 318d x-drive, when we bought it as a "newer" second hand car (3 years old).

The road noice is horrible as soon as you drive the car on tarmac that is the slightest rough in surface. They generate a very loud and disturbing low frequency noice.
In fact they are louder than a second set of 18" rims/tyres with the dimension of 235/40-18ZR (Michelin Pilotsport 3) we have for this car!

The dry and wet grip is not impressing at all.

The comfort is not good but not as bad as the noice....

The wear of the tyres is the only upside, there is about 6 mm left after about 30000 km (two summer seasons - I use winter tyres in the winter season), but honestly is the "good" wear rate a bad thing thus you will have to live with these bad tyres a long time. The car is driven smooth and with a lot of high-way use.

I would not recomend these tyres to anyone and will not buy again!

0 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2019
Given 61% while driving a BMW 118d (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
driven 8000 miles and only a few mm left on the tyre very disappointing
14 - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2018
Given 59% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had 4 of these fitted on my BMW 320 diesel touring. they feel really good handling, give you confidence on the road with a great grip. Down side is they wear quite quick and a year later and 10k miles trey are down to slicks. Not buying them again.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2018
Given 56% while driving a BMW 520d (225/50 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 8,000 easy going miles
Bought/fitted these tyres an 4th January, 2018. Completely BALD by the end of October, 2018 having covered 13,078 klms (8,0126 Miles) of gentle driving on the rear of our BMW 520D E60. We have two cars, this 9 year old low mileage 520D for longer comfortable journeys and hybrid Yaris for shorter / town journeys so the 520D only gets used on longer, occasional journeys mostly driven by my wife - both of us are more interested in MPG these days than MPH. They were bought to replace a set of Pirelli tyres because of the superior grip of these Bridgestone Drive Guard in the wet/frost etc. On this front, they did score well, better and more responsive grip/steering in poor winter conditions but in fifty years of driving, I've never had a set of tyres wear so quickly and so completely. I do some work/standing in for a local car dealership and customers often ask for recommendations for tyres (we sell BMW Audi Merc, Jaguar etc) Bridgestone WON'T be featuring on my recommended list :-(
5 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2018