Vredestein Ultrac Satin

The Vredestein Ultrac Satin is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 39,260 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable handling and short braking distances on dry roads
  • Negative - Slow response to steering and a tendency to understeer on wet surfaces, poor resistance to aquaplaning
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, good resistance to aquaplaning, surprisingly high traction on grass
  • Negative - Low braking performance on dry roads, slow response to steering, low traction on sand, gravel and mud

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Poor resistance to aquaplaning, tendency to understeer on dry roads, the longest braking distance on dry surfaces
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Ultrac Satin
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Satin. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Ultrac Satin Review

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Dealer oredred these especially for my car, being so new he hadn't any in stock. In the past I've used Michelin Pilot Sport 3s and Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2. These Veedesteins are up there with the best. Massive improvement over the Bridgestone Potenzas that were on before - much more comfortable, less noise, much better grip. Will definitely buy these again.
158 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2016

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Satin Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Satin tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ultrac Satin.

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors ceed (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 3,100 average miles
Unbelievable elastic under the circumstances, did not betray me as much as I pressed. . I think if he had the hardest side he would be even better. I would have bought it again .
1 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2018
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V60 D3 (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 1,200 average miles
A the the moment i have the tires for about 2000km. I drive a Volvo v60 D3 AT 163hp.
I compare them to a Contisportcontact 5 and i have to say that the vredestein are much more comfortable and a much quiter.
As for the grip, the conti's on dry were better, i didn't have a situation that the tires loosed traction at start. The ultrac satin looses traction on start on high revs but only for a split of a second. In corners I can easliy feel the car and the grip is and road feed back is ok. Probably in very aggressive driving the tire will not be as good as HP tires.
On wet i can't see any diffrences, but i try to drive safe so i can't test it on the edge of loosing grip.
Fuel consumption is at the same level as the contisport5 (C vs F) and this is the only disappoitment of it.
As for the price, I bought 4 tires for 440€ (110€ per tire). In this price I couldn't find and alternative in mid range tires.
I'm very satisfied with this purchase and if I have to i would by them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus GS 250 Luxury (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
These tyres represent a considerable improvement upon the factory fitted Bridgestone turanza’s.
Comfort, grip and confidence is so assured with the vreds they transform the entire driving experience and imho show the vehicle off to its optimal performance and enjoyment.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2018
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Please note! - I have probably driven about 100 miles on these since I had them fitted. So there are somethings I simply cannot comment on (wear, snow, heavy rain, aquaplaning etc) but I wanted to put out my first impressions of these.

Firstly, they look smart when fitted, nice design, suit my car well. 4 big grooves in the tread pattern, which is what I wanted. Also come in a 91 (appropriate for my car) and a W rating in this particular size.

I have used them in both the wet and the dry so far, the good thing about reviewing Tyres from the UK perspective is that the weather changes everyday more or less so even in the first mileage of these Tyres I have tried both. I was at a busy roundabout and saw a decent gap but thought i'd better get over into the lane I needed sooner rather than later so I put my foot down a little bit (nothing crazy) and the Vredsteins were glued to the road, literally didn't move an inch in terms of spin, I was pretty impressed in the wet, handling around roundabouts is also nice as is straight line driving.

Went out in the dry today, no change whatsoever, seemed almost exactly the same as in the wet, good cornering, braking was fine too.

As for noise, not an issue. This has never been a huge concern of mine to be honest I'd rather have performance and grip over worrying about a couple of extra decibels but that's just me.

The best thing by far however is the comfort. I wanted a sporty(ish) Tyre. I drive an Alfa with 170BHP which isn't the most powerful thing ever but it does need decent grip, I didn't want to sacrifice on comfort though. On normal town / city driving they are pretty similar to most other Tyres I have driven. Good / reasonable comfort, no sort of crashy ride. These things however, come alive on dual carriageways & motorways! Even with only about 100 miles on them I can tell you that. It feels like you're driving on a bed of air. Massive improvement over my previous car / Tyres. I noticed it almost instantly, I could imagine a long drive (I go to Scotland quite a bit) would be a lot more pleasurable.

Can't comment too much on feedback either at the moment but I will come back and update.

So far these Tyres are exactly what Vredstein seem to be selling them to be. Sporty(ish), Grippy, comfortable!

I like em, thumbs up for the first 100 miles, will update with some more mileage with things like feedback, different weather conditions and of course, wear. I paid less than £220 for 4 of these! Including delivery & fitting. So far, an absolute bargain.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2018
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Citron DS3 THP 150 (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Had Pirelli p zero nero gt's on prior to these and the time came to swap them. I found reading a lot of reviews, across a range of tyres, one person would say the tyre was best avoided and another would say they were great. Opted for these as I was able to get them for £350 for a full set inc fitting, official reviews came back well and I couldn't justify the considerable additional money for the household names.

No regrets though. My car isn't up their with go to performance cars. Never the less I would get wheel spin at times with the pirelli's. Early impressions of the vredisteins though and that issue seems to have been resolved. Tyres are fantastic through spirited country lanes, the grip is faultless in turns and when putting your foot down. Additional bonus is that they are quieter than the pirelli's. They feel slightly softer but I can't fault the drive they offer.

Would definitely recommend, if you are considering.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2018