Vredestein Ultrac Satin

The Vredestein Ultrac Satin is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 34,960 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable handling and short braking distances on dry roads
  • Negative - Slow response to steering and a tendency to understeer on wet surfaces, poor resistance to aquaplaning
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, good resistance to aquaplaning, surprisingly high traction on grass
  • Negative - Low braking performance on dry roads, slow response to steering, low traction on sand, gravel and mud

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Poor resistance to aquaplaning, tendency to understeer on dry roads, the longest braking distance on dry surfaces
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Ultrac Satin
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Satin. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Ultrac Satin Review

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Dealer oredred these especially for my car, being so new he hadn't any in stock. In the past I've used Michelin Pilot Sport 3s and Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2. These Veedesteins are up there with the best. Massive improvement over the Bridgestone Potenzas that were on before - much more comfortable, less noise, much better grip. Will definitely buy these again.
143 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2016

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Satin Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Satin tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ultrac Satin.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus GS 250 Luxury (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
These tyres represent a considerable improvement upon the factory fitted Bridgestone turanza’s.
Comfort, grip and confidence is so assured with the vreds they transform the entire driving experience and imho show the vehicle off to its optimal performance and enjoyment.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2018
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Please note! - I have probably driven about 100 miles on these since I had them fitted. So there are somethings I simply cannot comment on (wear, snow, heavy rain, aquaplaning etc) but I wanted to put out my first impressions of these.

Firstly, they look smart when fitted, nice design, suit my car well. 4 big grooves in the tread pattern, which is what I wanted. Also come in a 91 (appropriate for my car) and a W rating in this particular size.

I have used them in both the wet and the dry so far, the good thing about reviewing Tyres from the UK perspective is that the weather changes everyday more or less so even in the first mileage of these Tyres I have tried both. I was at a busy roundabout and saw a decent gap but thought i'd better get over into the lane I needed sooner rather than later so I put my foot down a little bit (nothing crazy) and the Vredsteins were glued to the road, literally didn't move an inch in terms of spin, I was pretty impressed in the wet, handling around roundabouts is also nice as is straight line driving.

Went out in the dry today, no change whatsoever, seemed almost exactly the same as in the wet, good cornering, braking was fine too.

As for noise, not an issue. This has never been a huge concern of mine to be honest I'd rather have performance and grip over worrying about a couple of extra decibels but that's just me.

The best thing by far however is the comfort. I wanted a sporty(ish) Tyre. I drive an Alfa with 170BHP which isn't the most powerful thing ever but it does need decent grip, I didn't want to sacrifice on comfort though. On normal town / city driving they are pretty similar to most other Tyres I have driven. Good / reasonable comfort, no sort of crashy ride. These things however, come alive on dual carriageways & motorways! Even with only about 100 miles on them I can tell you that. It feels like you're driving on a bed of air. Massive improvement over my previous car / Tyres. I noticed it almost instantly, I could imagine a long drive (I go to Scotland quite a bit) would be a lot more pleasurable.

Can't comment too much on feedback either at the moment but I will come back and update.

So far these Tyres are exactly what Vredstein seem to be selling them to be. Sporty(ish), Grippy, comfortable!

I like em, thumbs up for the first 100 miles, will update with some more mileage with things like feedback, different weather conditions and of course, wear. I paid less than £220 for 4 of these! Including delivery & fitting. So far, an absolute bargain.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Citron DS3 THP 150 (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Had Pirelli p zero nero gt's on prior to these and the time came to swap them. I found reading a lot of reviews, across a range of tyres, one person would say the tyre was best avoided and another would say they were great. Opted for these as I was able to get them for £350 for a full set inc fitting, official reviews came back well and I couldn't justify the considerable additional money for the household names.

No regrets though. My car isn't up their with go to performance cars. Never the less I would get wheel spin at times with the pirelli's. Early impressions of the vredisteins though and that issue seems to have been resolved. Tyres are fantastic through spirited country lanes, the grip is faultless in turns and when putting your foot down. Additional bonus is that they are quieter than the pirelli's. They feel slightly softer but I can't fault the drive they offer.

Would definitely recommend, if you are considering.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E38 740i (235/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 4,800 average miles
I was in the need of a good tyre to fit under the E38. I have been driving three E38's for the past 6 years and had different tyres over those years.

The wheels under the E38 are original Styling 37 ''wide-wheels'' (I don't know the English word for it) using the following tyre sizes.

Front wheel size: 8x18
Front tyre size: 235/50R18
Rear wheel size: 9,5x18
Rear tyre size: 255/45R18

Suspension, steering, bushings and shocks are all new. Only A+ quality parts were fitted. Also a new 3D alignment has been done. The wheels are balanced with a Road Force balancer.

Comfort and road noise has been very good on all types of roads. This is what I value the most for a car like this. It needs to be comfy and low on noise. As of now I had no problems with flatspots after the car was not used for more then 12 hours. The previous Toyo Proxes T1 Sport had a horrible flatspot after 12 hours.

Grip in the dry is very good. Even on kickdown I can't get the wheels to spin. Cornering with a 5 meter long BMW is no problem for these tyes. They grip very good in the dry.

Grip in the wet hasn't been a problem for me. Doing a kickdown can get you a little wheel spin. Cornering in the wet takes no practice, but with tight corners and speed do take some caution. Sometimes it does feel the tyres are losing grip and the back of the car wants to break out.

Aqua planing. Having such wide wheels under a vehicle does give more chance of aqua planing. It is something that can't be avoided with sizes like these. The overall handling in aqua planing situations is good, the tyres do their job. But 2 hands on the wheel are required!

Overall handling and road feedback is good. The side wall is soft, and it is something that is noticeable in corners. I retrofitted a rear sway bar. This does a lot on the overall cornering issue with barges like these. And it keeps the car more stable in the corners, and in the end this takes some pressure and stress off the side wall of the tyre.

Wear is something I can't say that much about. As far is I can see it, they are holding up very good. It is the rear that wears out the quickest. The Toyo Proxes T1 Sport that were fitted before were completely worn out on the rear at 12000 kilometers. While the front Toyo's had 6.7mm left on them. I hope the Vredestein tyres at the rear will last the double amount of the Toyo's.

Would certainly buy these tyres again!

5 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2018
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 5008 (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Done 6000 miles on the front set so far and was very happy with them so also replaced the rears with same and these have done 3000 miles. Manufacturers' figures don't always reflect reality but these tyres are much much quieter than the Bridgestone /Pirelli /Michelins that were on the car before. Tyre noise at 60mph on a good road (even with windows slightly open) is now inaudible and exceeded by any residual wind noise. I have an easy going driving style and do not drive-to-the-limit, but these do feel refined and precise in handling. Wet grip in ordinary rain is fine up to motorway speeds. Have not pushed them to the limit in torrential rain or through puddles but any sensible driver would slow down for those! Fronts have worn about 1-2mm over 6k miles so extrapolating to a residual 2mm would give an estimated 18-20,000 mile life. Good for a FWD car. Rears may do even better. Overall impression -- comfort and refinement with adequately precise handling for any sensible driver who especially values their peace and quiet.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017