Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat

The Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Continental SportContact 2 SSR Run Flat

This tyre has been replaced by the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 312,086 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat Review

Given 97% while driving a BMW 118d M Sport (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 22,000 average miles
Lasted 22k on a rear wheel drive car, excellent in the dry and wet although a bit harsh but what run flat tyre isn't.
55 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2014

Latest Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat.

Given 76% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Ultra sharp and fast steering. Perfect fit for Mini Cooper S Cabrio's character.
Road feedback and handling is great!
Very good dry grip, good wet grip.
Not comfortable as these are not the latest generation runflat tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2019
Given 36% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
If you don't want any teeth by the end of the year get these run flats! seriously, on a car with any kind of sporty ride these are un-livable with for a daily driver on most Uk roads, and possibly even dangerous imo. My car has developed 2 new rattles since these were fitted, but it's not just a problem on bumpy / potholed roads, on a flat motorway they tramline into grooves and in the wet they just feel super nervous, like they could snap on you. My car has a heavy sports steering, with just mild hydraulic assistance for lots of feedback, but all you feel with these is like you are connected to the road via a hard plastic toy car wheels, there is just no give or progression they just feel very 'skate-y'. You get understeer in the dry because they just hop across any road imperfections instead of gripping. Absolutely hate them. Swapping them next week already for a massive loss but I cannot wait to get literally anything else (non run flat).
1 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2019
Given 53% while driving a BMW 530d F11 (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 15 easy going miles
Fitted to BMW F11 530D SE Touring.

Whilst this is the first car I have had with run flat tyres I am not overly impressed. The car originally had 19" rims but when I bought the car I had the garage change the wheels to 18" as British roads are now so bad.
Firstly ride comfort. You feel the shock of every potholed road imperfection. I had to replace front wishbones at 50,000 miles (Driving for a living I have never had to do this on any other car!) and a buckled front wheel.
My driving is 80% motorway driving style for economy so tyre wear is disappointing. Considering the continentals were new when i bought the car, in 30,000 miles i have had two sets of rear tyres and will shortly need a third set and am on my second front set. When driving Miss Daisy I expect better mileage! I have just put Bridgestone Driveguard on the front and will see how they perform. Front tyres lasted 28,000
0 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2018
Given 43% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (270/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 14,000 average miles
Continental SSR3s on a 2013 BMW 520D M Sport, Rear runflats lasted 13500 miles with careful driving. Front wear lo but new shuddering ate motorway speeds. fronts been off and balanced and still as bad, tracking is perfect as done by a hi performance local company that does all expensive motors as it was not set up from BMW new when I got it. Wet grip on SS3s scary.. Driven for 30 plus years. Getting rid and going to non runflats. Beautiful car ruined by badly wearing runflats. 245 45 18 front and 275 40 18 rears.... Drives very straight and quick in dry, corners fantastic, grip is amazing,,, but when it rains... slow down to micra speed. Its so bad I don't like my wife driving it in wet greasy roads... My 120D has Turanza ER300 runflats and is so good in the rain !!!!!!! moving to Goodtyear Eagle Assy 3 as recommended by a local hi performance workshop.

0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2017

See all 20 customer reviews of the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat (newest first) >>