Cooper Discoverer AT3

Progressiveness 70%
Cooper Discoverer AT3

The Cooper Discoverer AT3 is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 138,107 miles driven.

Sorry, the Cooper Discoverer AT3 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

Cooper Discoverer AT3 Reviews

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (265-70-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Bought set of 4 for my Pajero and done 20k km with them. They great for normal high way driving.
Totally disappointed in their strength, durability and build quality, picked up 2 tiny pin hole leaks on the side wall, south African bush is tough.

The final straw came when on the freeway and I picked up a slow puncture, didn't hit any object. Took tyre off and found a large tear on the inside of the tyre. Now Cooper tire is saying its a wrong application. Really why pay premium price and when you do 10% offroad you EXPECT tyres to perform. I've also been told from reliable source that the AT3 is not suitable for AFRICA (South African) condition and that the AT3 LT is the tyre they should have been selling in out Market (subsequently now being offered in SA)
tyre reviewed on January 7, 2016
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Discovery 2 (265-70-16-)
I'd bought these tires as I got them at a great price $585 fitted!! I used for a combination of mostly on road with average amount off off road ing. Off road included the desert which it managed pretty well once aired down as well as handled gravel trails and inclines with ease but lost grip climbing rocky trails/ hills. These were great and u used them for 38K miles but the law in UAE dictates that tires can be used no longer than 3 years from the date of production. They do have a bit of tread however wouldnt purchase it again as I'd want something a bit more aggressive, perhaps the Cooper STT.
tyre reviewed on July 13, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
I had to replace 4 of those tyres due to unrepearable punctures on gravel roads before i could get 20 000km. Kak tyre. Will not buy it again.
tyre reviewed on August 8, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero (265-65-17-R)
Driving on mostly country roads for 62 average miles
Hi,after the two previous sets of coopers at they were very quiet on my older model toyota and 1999 pajero,but now at 62,000 and will know doubt do 90,000 plus, on my 2011 monocoque pajero diesel they now since being recently rotatated,balanced and wheel aligned which i do every 10,000 any way now sound like full winter treads on the pajero,so noisy you would think you had the wrong set of tyres put back on your vehicle.
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (285-70-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 60,000 spirited miles
This tyre improved my Landcruiser 200 series in all road and bush applications
tyre reviewed on September 19, 2013
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 45 average miles
I have just fitted these tyres to my Pajero and already I am very impressed. A lot quieter than the ATR's and the grip in the dry is exceptional. I got 70,000 k's from my ATR's and I expect to get the same or more from the AT3's.
tyre reviewed on March 14, 2011