Dunlop SP Sport FM800

The Dunlop SP Sport FM800 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 101,870 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport FM800

2017-12-10 - Is this tyre good and the wear of the tyre is it good or bad?

There have been no magazine wear tests of the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 but the user reviews on this website indicate the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 wears well.

2019-04-05 - Which tire is best value and better break test? Dunlop SP Sport FM800 or Toyo Proxes CF2

I have not seen these in a test together yet, sorry.

2019-08-22 - I wanted to ask what are the European labeling parameters of these tyres (wet grip, fuel efficiency and noise).

The label scores vary depending on size and part number. We don't keep records of the FM800 so it will be best to go directly to Dunlop.

Top Dunlop SP Sport FM800 Review

Given 89% while driving a Peugeot 5008 (215/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Very good tire in all conditions.
Good at dry, wet and cornering.
Also quiet tire.
Cant say anything about wear and long lasting, still using them with no sign of traction loss.
327 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2017

Latest Dunlop SP Sport FM800 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport FM800 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP Sport FM800.

Given 90% while driving a Audi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
The dry grip is exceptional! You can take bends at much higher speeds compared to other tyres.The wet grip is just as good,there is no sign of aquaplaning and I love the thread depth aswell.I find the rolling resistance to be a bit high but it doesn't really bother me that much. Overall a top class tyre for the money.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (195/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
This is my initial review, as I have just driven 45 kilometres uptil now. This tyre was recommended to me by my friend at TyreMall GT Road, Islamabad Pakistan. He recommended me CC6 and FM800. My requirements were the following:

1. Long tread life
2. Less Road noise
3. Moderate Comfort
4. Good Grip performance

I didn't go for CC6 as it has very soft sidewalls and terrible grip in wet. Also treadwear in CC6 is high. So I went for FM800. Got a very good price for them (52 USD/tyre approx, 195-65-15R 91V, Made in South Africa).
Earlier I used my factory fitted General Eurostars for 40,000 kms and believe me they were terrible. Huge Road noise, very hard tyres and zero comfort.

As an initial review for Dunlop SP Sport FM 800 (keeping air pressure 30 psi), the road noise has reduced by 30% on town roads, and by 50-50% on Highway/Motorway well-paved roads, as compared to my previous set of tyres. The tyres are not soft, so the hardness as compared to previous tyres is more or less the same. Grip of this tyre is the plus point. So far haven't tested it much, but the vehicle feels in total control. Road feedback is also decent.

But since this is my initial review and I just got them day before yesterday, so haven't tested them to the full. I got the wheels balanced, but alignment is still left to be done and the tyres are also in break-in, so I expect to give better reviews at 1000 kms.

Till then, if you have any questions, you may mail me at aneefizhar@gmail.com if you have any queries.
6 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Mitsubishi Magna VRX (235/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 19,000 spirited miles
I've been driving with these tyres for near 30,000km now after being reccomend them by a rep. I was a little hesitant at first, but was glad I took their advice. I have always felt confident in wet and dry with this tyre. It grips and brakes well, with no suprises. Over the life of it so far this hasn't faded noticeably which makes them a great choice if you want consistency. I find they provide immense stopping power in the final part of braking, with them gripping up better and hauling the car up fast.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 jtdm 200hp (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
I just reviewed it on 1st 10 km and now after 1000km i can say best tires i ever got.its better than michelin primacy 3 and for 60% cheaper.it goes up in pressure psi and goes down by only 1 psi after garage rest overnight in tropical Mauritius.100 % as buy again.infact i just wish i had the money right now to buy 2 rear fm800.i have hankook v12 evo 2 on and will change them in 2 to 3 months.Thanks Dunlop !
3 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 jtdm 200hp (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Better than michelin primacy 3 bridgestone GR90 and hankook V12 evo 2 that it replaces.and cheaper than those above.bought 2 front and had camber and alignment done.try it you wont regret it.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2019