Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Dunlop Sport BluResponse is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 129,600 miles driven.

Dunlop Sport BluResponse

73%

83%

72%

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall zafira 1.6 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
When I bought them and changed I could immediately feel the difference comparing to previous Firestone tires. I'm very happy about the tire as with my drive style which is a slow commuting and motorway family travels these are perfect. The only downside I noticed is the wear. I've done only about 4000 miles and could notice full length rubber cracks between the threads. Not sure if it's safe...
tyre reviewed on April 14, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
After a set of Barum tires I am extremely happy with them.
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2014
Looking to buy the Dunlop Sport BluResponse? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop Sport BluResponse or any other tyre.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195-55-15-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 600 easy going miles
mpg over 600 miles has improved from 51mpg to between 57 to 61 mpg since having dunlop sport blu response tyres fitted. FAB
tyre reviewed on April 1, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna II (225-55-16-V)
excellent tyres and worth every penny, maybe the best touring tyes on the market for dry and wet conditions and fueld economy
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2014
Given 62% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti (205-55-16-V)
Fitted to the front on an 04 Zafira 2.0dti. Spent a long time looking through reviews of tyres before going for these, the wet grip, noise reduction and eco credentials sold them well. Yes, they grip well, although we don't push the car too much, it's just a desiel family car. I wanted something safe for the wife and kids, thus wet grip was very important, as was breaking performance. This tyre therefore fits the bill perfectly.

However, they have only lasted 1 year and 1 week! They have only done about 12500 miles and I'm not talking about tyre scretching, wheel spinning miles. These tyres simply do not wear well and I would doubt have really saved anything in the way of fuel to counteract this.

The point is that I would not recommend these tyres for a family car, there are others with similar characteristics that wear far longer and are thus more economic.
tyre reviewed on March 16, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 172 (225-45-17-)
Bought these tyres as I use Clio 172 for a 70 mile commute as they appear to tick all the right boxes for my needs.

Now that I've done 15,000 miles on the tyres across normal commuting and spirited weekend drives, here's my pro's and con's of the tyres:

Pro's:
Excellent value for money as they are a cheap performance branded tyre
Great wear rate so far (expect 20k miles from them)
Low noise from the tyres
Lower rolling resistance compared to my previous Kumho tyres
Predictable grip when tyre starts to breakaway at their limits.
Excellent braking performance
Good levels of grip on wet surfaces

Con's
Softer sidewalls made the steering feel more numb and reduced response.
Likewise the softer sidewalls meant the car felt it was leaning into the corners more when pushing on.
Dry grip is good, but is not to the level of other performance tyres.

I would highly recommend these tyres for anyone who wants a safe, reassuring and comfortable tyre on their commuting car. However if you spend more time driving the car in a spirited manner, then I might recommend looking at a tyre with a stiffer sidewall as unfortunately it has taken the handling edge away from my Clio 172 and made it softer in the corners.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Honda HRV (205-60-16-H)
Chose these after much consideration and the good noise and economy ratings. Surprisingly they weren't tested in the recent Auto Bild test. Immediately noticed improvement from the old tyres (though these were worn of course). So far impressive in wet and dry. But trade-off I am afraid is snow performance - I could not get up my road during the snow of last winter which was disappointing - but I guess you can't have everything! So far wear looks pretty good.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 1.4 16v (185-55-15-H)
Only on the rear at present, purchased and fitted as soon as they became available. Replaced the dreadful Federal SS-595 that were on my car when I bought it and caused a sudden loss of traction on a roundabout in the wet still with 3mm of tread left. Very impressed with the BluResponse so far, hardly any wear with 6,500 miles on them although this is on the rear.

Can't really assess feedback or progressiveness as yet, but when my current Coninental Premium Contact2's on the front wear out I will be replacing them with Sport BluResponse and I will then re-review.
tyre reviewed on February 28, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
After checking specs and carefully considering the price, got the set of 4 + wheel alignment from Kwik Fit.
I was going to get rid of my car because I was not happy with the poor road feedback and the levels of grip. i was loosing front end grip very often with my old bridgestone turanza 300.
Changing over to dunlops made all the diference. I just want to keep driving!
Sooooooo happy with my choice, it's like having a new car!!!
Quiet, comfy, amazing levels of grip in all conditions and excellent road feedback.
Remains to be seen if they are going to last.
I Would definitely recommend and buy them again.
Well done Dunlop!
tyre reviewed on February 13, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
Great tyres. Absolutely appauling Goodyear/Dunlop customer service. If you have a faulty tyre (even when they admit it is out of tolerance) it will take them over a month to reply with "sorry - here's a percentage of the cost back".

If you get good tyres, great. If not, you're on your own. I certainly won't be risking it again.
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: