Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Dunlop Sport BluResponse is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 71 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 499,821 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (195-65-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,500 average miles
These tyres are really good, I enjoy every driven km with it.
I will buy them again, the sidewalls are really soft, so you should be very careful with parking.
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Lacetti (195-55-15-H)
I bought them at May i had them for six months i like them a lot at dry its like i drive train (really nice grip going fast at corners on country roads :D)
In wet condition is really good like reviews say but do not over do it with a lot of water ahead something like a lake , hehehehee ....

Conclusion now i will buy them again when i get 10000 kilometer i will post again an when i will go to change them !
And remember guys take the right speed rating !
tyre reviewed on October 24, 2015
Looking to buy the Dunlop Sport BluResponse? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop Sport BluResponse or any other tyre.
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Galaxy (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
I bought this tyre 1 year ago. Great in all aspects in the beginning but after just 1 summer season in UK totally worn. I just got 10000 miles, so it should be still in perfect condition. I will never buy it again.
tyre reviewed on October 22, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza GX AWD (185-65-15-)
Rated almost everything 9, because in my world there is no perfect things.

Lowest rating is wear at 8. Driving Subaru Impreza GX 2.0L, and since i put these tyres on in May 7thm and now is September 9th, already drove 11500km (approximately 7145 miles)... it has only some wear on outside front tyres, and rear tyres almost like new. Maybe those people who complain about wear goes by inflation what car makers suggest on the side of the door, and in my experience, people should inflate more that car makers suggest.
For example, mine suggest under full load 2.2 bar front and 2.0 bar back. I always inflated front 2.4-2.7 and rear 2.2-2.5. No that its not over inflating, because i would have middle thread of tyre worn, but its not the case. I think i will put at least another 5000km until winter tyres change, i honestly think it will last me at LEAST 2 seasons (~33000km/20500miles), but pretty sure 3 seasons. To add about wear, i drive on unpaved aka hardly pressed dirt road with small stones every day for about 8-10km, that adds to the wear, which still as i mentioned, is small in my case.

Everything else is really good, i live in hilly area with a lot of sharp corners, and these tyres handle them nice in dry and wet. On corners during dry, that most tyres would start lose grip and start to squeek at ~60-70 kmh in my area, i can go 80+ without a squeek. Similar performance i used to get on vredistrian sportrac 5.
On highway during big rain i can easily go 110-120kmh (68-75 mph).

By the way the most impressive thing on these tyres, is rolling resistance, its realllllyy good. Going down the hill without pressing gas pedal, i always have to press break pedal, because i catch other cars, who seem to actually use gas pedal abit.

These are pretty good tyres and would suggest to everyone.
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus LS400 (215-55-16-V)
I use these as the front Tyre on my 1998 Lexus LS400, they're a tad narrower than standard (215 vs 225) so steering is lighter and turn in better but grip hasn't been diminished and they're great in the wet too, better than Continental Premium Contact 2's anyway. Wear isn't as good as the Continentals or the Goodyear Eagle F1's I have on the back but I'll trade a certain amount of wear for grip any day, after all tyres are what keep you on the road.

Front BluResponse = 215/60/R16 99V
Rear Eagle F1 = 225/55/R16 99W
tyre reviewed on September 8, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 406 HDi (195-65-15-H)
When I first put these on front of the car I was really pleased. Handled well, stopped well in wet and dry, quite. Great, but then I don't push the car and do a fair amount of motorway driving. 17,000miles later and the tyres are down to 2-3mm and performance has tailed off in last 1,500 miles. Very disappointed with the rate of wear.
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK4 GTTDI 150 (195-65-15-H)
Fantastic tyre, does everything you need it too. Quiet, comfortable, plenty of grip, hardly any wear after 10000 miles, ok maybe 1-2mm and that with a very powerful engine. Very Happy
tyre reviewed on August 20, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (205-55-16-H)
One of the best tyres for my passat.
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2015
Does exactly what you want an economical tyre to do. Save fuel, quite, comfortable but don't expect it to be a sporty. Makes driving a joy for me!
tyre reviewed on May 11, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Opel astra h 1.6 (205-55-16-V)
I already wrote a review for these tires (11/21/2014) after first summer and 8000 miles with these tires. My impressions were then excellent. Now a month and a half after I'm again with summer tires this year and the new 1500 miles my opinion has changed:
During winter, the tires were stored properly in the basement of my house, the temperature inside always is above 10 degr.C.
When installed tires again, I was unpleasantly surprised. The tyres were lost 50-60% of their dry and wet braking grip and 20-30% of dry grip when cornering. Especially on rear wheels(which were in front side of the car, first summer and have visibly weared compared with another pair - more than 1mm). Wet cornering grip is still excellent. And the tires are still extremely quiet.
The biggest surprise was fuel consumption of the car - it was decreased with 1 l/100km immediately after exchange of winter tires. Without to change my driving style.
Finally I want to say that the main disadvantage of the tires is that rubber compound getting older quite fast for this price class. With this temps of wearing and with my aggressive style of driving it will be hard to drive these tires another full hot season. In this case is much more better if I buy tires from lower price class and to change them each season. Even cheaper tires are quite good in first season. This is from a financial perspective!
But if I put from opposite side excellent performance and comfort from last summer - it worth all money which I spend for these tires. It st not possible to buy cheaper tires with such a performance.
tyre reviewed on May 9, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: