Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Dunlop Sport BluResponse is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 64 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 428,015 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

61%

85%

67%

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (205-55-16-H)
One of the best tyres for my passat.
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK4 GTTDI 150 (195-65-15-H)
Does exactly what you want an economical tyre to do. Save fuel, quite, comfortable but don't expect it to be a sporty. Makes driving a joy for me!
tyre reviewed on May 11, 2015
Looking to buy the Dunlop Sport BluResponse? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop Sport BluResponse or any other tyre.

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Opel astra h 1.6 (205-55-16-V)
I already wrote a review for these tires (11/21/2014) after first summer and 8000 miles with these tires. My impressions were then excellent. Now a month and a half after I'm again with summer tires this year and the new 1500 miles my opinion has changed:
During winter, the tires were stored properly in the basement of my house, the temperature inside always is above 10 degr.C.
When installed tires again, I was unpleasantly surprised. The tyres were lost 50-60% of their dry and wet braking grip and 20-30% of dry grip when cornering. Especially on rear wheels(which were in front side of the car, first summer and have visibly weared compared with another pair - more than 1mm). Wet cornering grip is still excellent. And the tires are still extremely quiet.
The biggest surprise was fuel consumption of the car - it was decreased with 1 l/100km immediately after exchange of winter tires. Without to change my driving style.
Finally I want to say that the main disadvantage of the tires is that rubber compound getting older quite fast for this price class. With this temps of wearing and with my aggressive style of driving it will be hard to drive these tires another full hot season. In this case is much more better if I buy tires from lower price class and to change them each season. Even cheaper tires are quite good in first season. This is from a financial perspective!
But if I put from opposite side excellent performance and comfort from last summer - it worth all money which I spend for these tires. It st not possible to buy cheaper tires with such a performance.
tyre reviewed on May 9, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Renault (205-55-16-H)
Poor grip on dry condition. Cornering at high speeds is worse than on my previous tyres (Michelin Energy Saver). Also for breaking. I have a insecurity feeling when I'm driving aggressively. Surprisingly, on wet surface they are much better than Michelin Energy Saver. Unfortunately, most of the time I'm driving on dry conditions. As a PRO they are very quiet. Also mileage is good (I would say about the same as Michelin Energy Saver). I'm a little disappointed on these tyres. For sure, I won't buy them again.
tyre reviewed on May 5, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 dti (195-65-15-H)
Bought these today from micheldever tyres, instantly noticed the difference with grip and sound. The tyres take corners well and seem to grip on to the road nicely when dry, the quietness of the tyre is really noticeable.

The only thing I can't comment on it the tyre wear and wet grip, but as long as you don't abuse your tyres then you should be fine and these look as though they are the real deal.

I previously has Michelin Energy savers and I found these wore down quickly, within a year they were down to 3mm and that's on about 7-8000 miles in the year. I wasn't impressed with those.

My personal choice was either these or the Kumho Ecowing tyres & Dunlop were the only ones in stock.

Good choice tyre and I am very happy that they have turned out well.
tyre reviewed on April 9, 2015
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn Xsara (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
195 55 15 85h

To hard, i file every bump!!!Quiet tire.Michelin pilot exalto PE2 is much better tire.
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (195-60-15-H)
I must say these tyres are amazing. Dry grip is fenomenal especially in fast corners as I like to push it to the limit. Wet grip is beyond my expectation, and I must say I experienced some hard braking in the wet and straight aquaplanning and these tyres made me confident in my driving skills as they performed brilliantly. Road feedback is good, I always know when to push harder and when not to. As for the wear, I think these tyres are not as bad as people are trying to suggest. I managed 15000 kilometers on them and I can surely admit they have enough tread for another 30000 kilometers. It's because I tend to drive using my brains: I drive fast when needed and slowly when I can not go fast. I will buy them again as I was more than pleased with my Dunlop Sport BluResponse tyres.
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (205-55-16-H)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 24, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra H CDTI (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
Very good tires in all conditions. Need to be careful in limit, and especialy the back of the car.
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2015
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Estate 2.0 tdi 140 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Having read the Civic owners review below I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels cheated. To call this 'sport' is beyond a joke. I commute 70 miles a day and bought these expecting a compromise between good handling (sport) and economy (blue). Whilst the mpg isn't bad the handling is absolute crap.
Push the car into a bend at anything remotely brisk and the sidewall gives causing the car to under steer badly. Its even worse in the wet and I can only imagine the wet test these were subjected too exclusively involved driving through standing water. Show them a wet corner and you'll wish you hadn't!

They wear quite well, still at 3mm on the front of my Golf after approx 10k miles which, I consider , pretty good and they are quiet compared with other brand economy tyres I've tried.
tyre reviewed on February 25, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: