Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Dunlop Sport BluResponse is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 53 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 308,000 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

58%

84%

65%

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews

Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 5 door (205-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
I dont know where to start. Ok worst tyre Iv purchased in 15 years.

Got them fitted and tracked and on the first drive it bobbed around like new tyres will (the rubber isnt fully cured until you heat cycle them for a few hundred miles max). So I waited and waited hoping that my tyres that felt like marsh mellow would firm up. 800 miles later they still havnt.

I got these for wet performance and now I believe these score well in the wet due to the 160cm tread width. I feel conned already as I paid for 205's and imagine this is why they do well at economy on the tests. Anyway do they feel good in the wet, no way its like driving on ice. My ABS now cuts in, my traction control is blinking and Im turning the wheel and still going straight on. My gf said I know Im a silly girl but it feels like the car is fighting you. So they cut through puddles great but do not grip when braking or cornering, be clear about this misrepresentation of wet performance benchmark.

So the first 500 miles felt ok if I ignored the fact it feels like they are folding over onto the sidewall as you turn. Iv just checked the wear and Im half way through both inner edges after 800 miles (theres only about 6mm on the edges from new?).

Economy is the same or worse than my cheap budget tyres I took off (with 5mm still on), hoping for some improvements in my 57mpg previous best. The only way these will save me money is id rather walk to the gym now.

As I go round the bend to accelerate onto a motorway it feels like the tyres are twisty and twanging back on itself over and over like they are made or 200 rubber bands. I put an extra 4psi in them and it improved maybe 10 percent.

I bought these as my last ones were the Dunlop SP fast response ones and was amazed by them on a celica. But to put the word sport on this tyre makes me want to start a law suit against them. If you drive like a prius owner they might be ok but if you like to push a torquey 140bhp civic from time to time go with absolutely anything else.

Oh yes they are quiet but you feel every bump with a bang and they continue to moan about it 2 revolutions after as it stabilises. On bends it feels a bit like when you twist your ankle but you dont quiet go down.

These days it seems the tyres are made to get high marks in unrealistic tests, not to perform for a drivers needs.
tyre reviewed on January 24, 2015
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 easy going miles
I think these seem good but wear out far too quickly only had them on 2 years and done about 8000 miles and they are down to 2mm and I don't drive fast or hard.
tyre reviewed on January 16, 2015
Looking to buy the Dunlop Sport BluResponse? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop Sport BluResponse or any other tyre.

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf mk6 GTD (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
I am fairly steady eddy and never drive to the limit rarely need to break sharply but want a tyre that can be relied on.
I bought these as they had A rating in all categories.
I will never bother with noise rating again as the road surface makes much more difference, fuel economy jury is out.
My biggest gripe is wear totally shocking wore out far to quickly and the grip went down hill rapidly with the wear no grip when I changed them with over 2 mm left and they were feathering badly and the tracking is perfect.
Never again for me.
tyre reviewed on January 10, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Excellent grip in the dry and wet but a bit abrupt when traction is lost and also in braking, to a lesser degree. High aquaplaning limits. Excellent steering feel and precision, for the class. Outstanding fuel economy. Average comfort and quietness for the class. Wear too early to tell. They seem to have a wide operating window, temperature-wise.
I would recommend these to anyone who wants a compromise between sporting and touring characteristics in a car without too much power.
tyre reviewed on January 9, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (195-50-15-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Very, very good tyre, i'll defenitly buy them again.
tyre reviewed on December 30, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles
These tyres wear like you wouldn't believe, 12000 - 15000 miles and they are gone!! Now that's the downside out of the way.

The upsides are massive, they are grippier on ice and snow than Bridgestone Blizzak, on dry / wet normal roads you will be amazed at the feeling of safety these tryes give you.

I for one will forgo the stupid wear rate for the knowledge that my kids are safe under any condition by replacing these whenever they wear out.
tyre reviewed on December 16, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles

tyre reviewed on December 16, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9Tdi (205-60-15-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I bought these when they were new to the market as a replacement for the Dunlop Fast Response which I had fitted to the front of a VW Passat. The Fast Response tyres were excellent and did 44k miles - I drive like a nun!! The Bluresponse were fitted to the rear and the car has just failed it's MOT on tyre wear after 15k miles - I still drive like a nun!! Very poor value from Dunlop on this occasion
tyre reviewed on December 4, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Opel astra h 1.6 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
The quietest tyres I've ever driven! Excellent grip on dry and wet. Excellent dry breaking and cornering. Excellent aquaplaning in straight and when cornering. Even in 2-3 cm water at heavy rain on highway - absolutely stability even at 100 mph! I haven't enough courage for more speed. When go true areas with deep water 5 - 10 cm, only with right or left wheels very low reaction in steering wheel. With original tyres of the car - Bridgestone Turranza 300ER it have to break my hands - the worst tyres I've ever had!
The only relatively weak characteristic is wet breaking, but compared with other excellent parameters of the tyres. Evan with this relatively weak side they blow away all my previews tyers! I strongly recommend it to performance drivers.
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 12, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: