Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Dunlop SportMaxx RT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 80 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 433,085 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

63%

86%

75%

Dunlop SportMaxx RT Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna 1.9 dCI (215-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 9,500 easy going miles
Very good performance tyres, I would only not buy again because those are first tires what I have to excchange after driving 15 000Km I drive family car, any other brands I had before lasted minimum 30 000Km if not more I find the short lasting as very expensieve variant, that is why I will not buy those tires any more, but if I would drive some light sport car, I would definitely buy them because of very good performance on road, becasue with sport car you do not watch on the tires long lasting :) but perfomance only....
tyre reviewed on September 19, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI 160 (205-55-16-W)
The RTs are really decent tyres, with amazing dry grip when warm and new and excellent wet grip, although I always go very cautiously when it rains. Dry grip does deteriorate with age and tread getting more shallow. The tyre also needs to get slightly warm to grip really well.

Although Dunlop calls it SportMaxx, it ain't really that max(x)... It is sporty and goes through corners very nicely, not letting go easily, but you don't get much information through the steering wheel. But I guess the same can be said of many a "sporty" tyre of today...

Comfort-wise, it is very quiet and compliant. You do lose some of the compliance if you increase the air pressure to get it to talk to you though. And the noise increases with age and the tread getting shallower.

The most troubling thing for me about this tyre is that at some point one of the tyres developed a fault that caused it to vibrate. The tyre originally was at the rear and the vibration was slight, but when I rotated and it got at the front, it made the steering wheel vibrate at 120-140 kph, which is really annoying. Yes, I went through multiple wheel-balancing sessions and I checked the car's alignment, everything was fine, so I blame the tyres. I guess their light construction (their weight is very low) didn't cope too well at some point with the Greek roads..
tyre reviewed on September 12, 2014
Looking to buy the Dunlop SportMaxx RT? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SportMaxx RT or any other tyre.

Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup (225-45-18-W)
I have found the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT XL tyres very good, dry and wet both excellent performance for my light weight Renault Megane Sport Cup. Previous tyres Continental Sport Contact 5 M0 XL and Avon ZZ3's, both good tyres but the Dunlop Sport Maxx's out do both of these tyres in handling, fuel economy and lasting far better, my driving habits are fast, hard braking and combination of town driving. Definitely a very good setup for my car and would recommend and buy these again. Suit my car well.
tyre reviewed on September 10, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-50-17-W)
Bought these after much research. Dry and wet grip is generally very good with good turn in and handling qualities. However the road noise was much greater than what I was expecting. This was a shame after reading it was supposed to be a quiet ride. The main issue was the very fast wear rate. I only got about 15000 miles out of them which is about half of what I normally get.
So in all a good tyre if you do low miles but not if you do more and value refinement.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Best tyres I've ever had! Really fun, I can always trust on them nomatter what situation Im in. Wet grip is insane, just like driving with slicks on a dry track!

But theres always a minus with good things.. and that's the wear..absolutly rubbish with a big R! Driven 10000km with them now, and the pattern have vanished. :/

Would buy these again if they can make them last atleast 20000km or more
But until they find a good rubbermixture Im gonna buy Vredestein Ultrac Vorti/Sessanta.
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GOLF MK5 R32 3.2 V6 4MOTION (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic grip wet and dry, very quiet and comfortable for a performance tyre BUT the wear is horrible on a hot hatch with an aggressive front camber. Both fronts are down to 0mm on the inside shoulder after only 15,000km (~10,000mi) of mostly spirited driving on twisty country roads and are now unroadworthy, while the rears still have 4mm left and are wearing evenly. I have never had any tyres that lasted such a short time, so I would not buy again.
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (255-40-19-W)
Exceptional tyre. I fitted them on my A8L W12 and the feedback is awesome, esspecially when they are warm enough. Wet grip is excellent for such wide tyre that my car needs. Still don't have a clue how long they will last but for now tyre wear is OK. They are also very quiet and very good for long highway trips at high speed. Definetely will buy again if the wear is as good as performance so far. Price is very reasonable, my other choise was the Yokohama V105 but their price was almost double.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (205 bhp) (215-55-16-W)
Great tyres, both on dry and wet roads. Grip is very good, they are holding the car very vell, also nice desgin/ good looking tyres. Recommended buy, worth the money. For sport cars and spirited drivers is a must have.
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6 xt (200-45-16-)
My previous Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres where pretty stiff, offering not much of comfort. These Dunlop tyres are way more forgiving, softening the bumps in the road, making the ride more comfortable. Yes, as a result, they are a little less direct, but I don't care, I'm not driving a race car to my work.

Compared to the Eagle F1 tyres, I find these Dunlops more silent, although on paper the Dunlops should be 1dB louder (67dB). In my experience, these tyres are very quiet.

One thing that made me drop my jaw on the floor is the amount of grip in the rain. I have never experienced so much grip in wet conditions before. Accelerating, cornering and braking in wet feels pretty much the same as in dry, it's that good!

I'm very happy with the Dunlops and there is a very big chance my next tyres will be the same!
tyre reviewed on May 27, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
Bought these after reading other reviews. Grip is superb in the dry and wet and they are reasonably quiet for a wide low-profile tyre. The downside to this is the very high wear rate on the tyre. After 4k miles I'm down to about 4mm on the fronts. Another 2 or 3 k before they need changing so I'll be getting something else. A mondeo diesel is hardly a performance car so I'm guessing the rubber is very soft and wears quickly when used on the fwd mondeo. Incidentally, the car's tracking is spot on and the wear is even across the full tyre width.
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: