Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Dunlop SportMaxx RT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 99 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 617,595 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

58%

85%

70%

Dunlop SportMaxx RT Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT EXEO ST TDI 170CR (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Good performance tyre that grips well in all conditions but they only lasted 14000 miles on the back of my front wheel drive car. This can't be down to misalignment as the car was put on a Hunter machine as soon as they were fitted. The previous rear tyres were the original Conti SportContact 2 and they lasted 4 years and 40k. I rarely carry passengers and the boot is empty 99% of the time. My car is pretty much an Audi A4 Avant B7 so if you have one of these or anything heavier, avoid them as they are far too soft.
tyre reviewed on June 29, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d (245-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Outstanding dry and wet grip and a very comfortable tyre with little noise and high resistance to aquaplaning . But they wear crazy fast i only got 2 months or about 2500 miles which is just insane . I couldnt recommend buying them for an everyday car . They would be perfect for a high power weekend car
tyre reviewed on June 18, 2015
Looking to buy the Dunlop SportMaxx RT? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SportMaxx RT or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI Titanium (205-55-16-W)
Second season with the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT. Excellent dry an wet grip on a good tarmac. Road feedback is very good as is the progressivnes of the tyres. However except two or three times I didn't push it above the limit. Wear is fast ... will last only two seasons and arond 15 000 miles which is not acceptable and that is why I will not buy again.
tyre reviewed on May 31, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-W)
Phenomenal grip in both wet and dry, but... There is a down side.

I've had a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx RT on the car for two years, so I thought it was time to give a long term verdict. Both wet and dry grip are phenomenal, they really do give you confidence. The tyres are quiet, comfortable and do everything you would expect from a premium tyre. Well... nearly.
Phenomenal is good when you are talking about grip, but wear. Not so good! These tyres wear... FAST! In the two years I've had them on the car I've only covered 15000 miles and they are absolutely shot!
These tyres are brilliant. Sturdy, safe and grip. It really pains me not to be able to recommend these tyres, but seriously. If you do average mileage or more, the wear rate is going to bankrupt you!!
tyre reviewed on May 23, 2015
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia VRS (225-45-17-)
My Octavia was already fitted with Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's when I bought it 3 months ago (second hand).

*Grip was good in both dry and wet conditions.

*Braking iwas good in both dry and wet conditions.

*Progressiveness of the tyre was not so good, I never really knew how much grip was left when cornering hard.

*The tyres remained quiet even when they were getting low on tread.

*I found the Dunlops to be quite hard riding compared to my new tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2)

*Even though I only had them on my car for about 3 months I could definately see that they were wearing quickly and for the most part I am a fairly sedate driver.

All in all the Dunlops are a decent middle of the road tyre, however I think the offerings from some of the other premium manufacturers are superior including my new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's.

tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 3.0 litre TDI S Line Quattro (235-45-18-)
If you are wanting a grippy tyre that performs well in the wet & dry these are great, the previous owner had fitted these to the front so a few months into ownership I thought I would replace them with the same, I fitted these 27th Dec 2014 and by 27th April 2015 they are down to the markers! I have only covered 3500 miles!!, I expected a lot more from a premium tyre considering I managed 25000 from a set of budgets a few years back. I won't be fitting them again.
tyre reviewed on April 30, 2015
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 rxh estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 easy going miles
Dont BUY -- less than 10k miles and only 11 months rear tyres 2ml & needing replaced - gone from 5ml to 2ml in last 6 months (6k miles ).. On a family estate.. Fronts just slightly better.

Wife’s budget tyres outperform.

Never buying dunlop again
tyre reviewed on April 24, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Holden SS Commodore (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 23, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225-40-18-)
Will wheel spin quite easily on taking off if powered is little on the high side, it's cornering ability is the best experience so far compared to dunlop sport max sp. only downside is the initial traction when taking off
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2015
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 95 TiD 1.9 Vector Estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Really good tyre if you ignore wear rate, which at whats looks to be less than 8K miles on a Saab 9-5 1.9 Diesel estate is not possible to ignore!!!!

I usually get around 20K from a pair of front tyres (Pretty sedate driver) so £300 (pair of fronts) for around 5 months driving before they need changing means my next purchase will be back with Michelin. As a comparison the Avon ZV5s on the rear have worn less than 1mm in same mileage.
tyre reviewed on March 27, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: