Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Dunlop SportMaxx RT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 69 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 344,085 miles driven.

Dunlop SportMaxx RT

65%

85%

76%

Dunlop SportMaxx RT Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 600 average miles
Very good tires for fast cornering etc.
Great at fast speed stopping etc
But even now after 1000km of driving on country roads/motorway, 2 mm are gone.....hopefully they will last out this summer/season.

Absolutly awesome tires to drive with, but rubbish wear.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti or Nexen N8000 will be my next set tires
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2014
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225-45-17-)
Absolutely the worst tyres I've ever had.
I would never recommend these tyres to anyone else.
I've never owned before a tyre that lasts less than 10000 miles.
tyre reviewed on April 4, 2014
Looking to buy the Dunlop SportMaxx RT? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SportMaxx RT or any other tyre.

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan 350Z (245-45-18-)
Lovely tyre just poor wear as after 3000 miles they have 75% worn out. Shame. The nokian line seem like my next purchase.
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2014
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9-5 2.0 Linear Sport (Hirsch suspension and ECU) (225-45-17-W)
Fitted these to the front wheels on the basis of good reviews. Previously had Conti SC3 fitted. No issues with dry grip but was less confident in the wet. Main gripe was that they felt soft/slow in terms of steering turn-in and a bit squidgy on straight line stability (as if the tyre blocks were moving around a bit). Made the steering feel pretty lifeless in normal driving compared to the SC3s. Wear has been good and am replacing at 14,000 miles. They probably have another 1,000 miles in them but there's a slow puncture and I really want to put SC5s on the front instead...
I know someone who swears by the Sport Maxx RT on his modified Mini Cooper Works so I guess it really depends on tyre size and vehicle as to how these perform.
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Prius (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 20,000 easy going miles
great tyres in dry and wet being a taxi driver i have had virtually every brand on various taxis and this tyre so far is the best michelin primacy 3 comes close but would recommend the dunlop maxx rt. fitted these tyres oct 2013 and having travelled 20,000 miles i now need to replace the fronts and the backs are still ok. most of my driving is in the city and the wear has held up well to all the cornering but i must say i barely get above 45mph may be this is why i have got good mileage out of them.
tyre reviewed on March 16, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (215-45-17-W)
In a review I wrote before about this tyre, I expected it wouldn't last long, but on the end I was surprised that, with my havy cornering driving style, the front tyres last exact 14000 miles. Very good.

Now I read the 2014 Autobild tyretest and see a wear rate of 2, and the Continental Sport Contact 5 with a wear rate of 7!!! This autobild test produce noncense. Look for example to the test on the Magny Cours circuit. You see photo's about the extreme wear rate of the Continental. I think Autobild is like ADAC. I don't trust them. And the reviews below say more about there cars then about this tyres. I know the wear rate is good, because I drove them.

What could be better: They need a big steering input in the beginning to get the car turned. But when he is turning the tyre is very exact in feeling on the limit with little corrections. Very progressive. But I want that the turn in, in the beginning is more direct. And the bumps on ridges on the motorway can better.

For the rest: I think there is not much better to buy in the field, when you like a sporty driving style.
tyre reviewed on March 13, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo v70 D5 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
These are a good tyre in the dry & a lot quieter than the Nexen's I previously had on. Wet driving hasn't been a problem either but the only bad thing I would say about them is being a softer (quieter) tyre they have only lasted about 10,000 miles. My v70 ('02) is a heavier car but I do majority motorway driving & don't rag it around corners so I would have expected them to last a little longer.
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 CDI Sport (245-40-17-W)
I put these on a rear drive. They followed Continental sc5, Pirelli p zero, Michelin hp, all lasted at least 17000 miles. The Dunlops are nearly worn out at 3000 miles. Another 500 and they'll be illegal. A shame as initially performance was outstanding, but consistent with many others comments they don't last. I have driven the same roads and style, so it is the tyres. I will be taking it up with Dunlop.....
tyre reviewed on March 11, 2014
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
Terrible wear rate - 4 months and 5,000 mile of conservative driving and the fronts are nearly done! By 6,000 miles they will be illegal.

Very poor value for money!
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan 350Z (285-40-18-W)
I have these on a nissan 350 z gt and I am so disappointed with the wear. I have only done 3000 miles and the wear bars are showing and I have lost 75% of tread already !!! I think you all should look elsewhere as these are horrendous on wear.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: