Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Dunlop SportMaxx RT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 107 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 713,613 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Dunlop SportMaxx RT Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio III Dynamique 1.6 (205-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 38,000 spirited miles
The tyres were just great. It's time for me to change them, after 2 years and 60000 Km. The grip remains good and the wet performance is better than you expect. I had a problem with the wear and pressure should be a little higher (about 35), so that the tyres wouldn't be damaged.
I will buy again or try the Michelin PS3
tyre reviewed on November 17, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 S Line Sportback 2.0 TDI 184 (225-45-17-)
Absolutely love these tydes, they're quiet, comfortable and have superb levels of grip in the dry, not terrible in the wet either. The only issue I have with them is wear rate, I've done two front sets in about 15,000 miles, so the wear is shocking, however for the performance they offer I will be ordering again.
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2015
Looking to buy the Dunlop SportMaxx RT? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SportMaxx RT or any other tyre.
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18 average miles
I am on to my second set of these tyres (16' rims). These tyres are simply hold the road like glue. In the dry they are fantastic. Dry cornering is truely amazing and very progressive (not that I drive fast enough to get close to loss of traction, but my guess is the SP 20 would roll before the tyres let go). Wet traction not quite as good but still offers high degree of confidence. Wet cornering, the tyre works very well and still progressive - some understeer in wet conditions but only at quite low speeds with hard cornering - and possibly more due to the suspension geometry), no motorway aquaplaning experienced in very wet conditions (I replaced when 1 mm above the tread wear indicators). All tyres wore evenly on this fw drive with only 2 rotations.

For those complaining about wear on these tyres, I'd say that any AA traction rating will come with this drawback. If a dealership tries to sell you these for a large car (ie 6 cylinder or SUV or 4x4) then I'd ask for something else (eg a Pirelli P7 or Eagle Asymmetric etc). From my point of view, the performance well outweighs the wear issue in a medium sized car. There is a small drawback in terms of balance/noise niggles after rotation if left longer than recommended, but doesn't affect performance, and seems to scrub off pretty quickly.

The proof is in the pudding for me. I had my first set for just under 3 years (30 000 kms), and I didn't hesitate to get a second full set. NB in Australia we don't have the issue of needing winter tyres. We have very wet roads in the island state of Tasmania at times (and poor average road surfaces) - so for me this tyre is an all year round tyre (but can't speak to snow conditions). BTW our roads are pretty rough - I'd expect to get significantly more (say 20%) wear on really good motorways.

I got my second set discounted to $130 AU per corner fitted (down from $220 AU) It's always worth shopping around. The tyre wear isn't an issue at all if you get the right price. If you want performance without going silly with dollars, buy these.
tyre reviewed on November 4, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330CI M Sport (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 11,000 spirited miles
Fitted them (225/40 in the front and 255/35 in the rear) after Accelera PHI and the difference was as day and night. Where the Acceleras failed the Dunlops were astonishingly good. The grip in dry and wet is so good that it is hard to reach the limit. The tyres fitted my car and my driving style as good as it can be. Almost without faults. Except one. The wear... They wear quite quickly. But it didn't suprise me a lot, because doing hard cornering and fast accelerations I was not expecting it to be different. So far, so good.
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover freelander (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 7,000 average miles
Very good tyre, but they just wear too quick i have had them a year and done 7000 miles and there is just 3mm left. These are the front tyres and it is a big heavy car, but I drive fairly sedately! In terms of performance I have no qualms, but will not be buying again as they just wear too quickly.
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Superb Tyre, handles like a dream. Expected to be good on dry, but on wet, it is awesome! No unexpected situations, just wonderful.
I had drove 7000 kms with them and still nothing of the notorious thread wear.
Buy again if I could find it again under 70€ a piece.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (235-40-18-W)
I'm seriously impressed with these tyres. I've had them on the front of my Mondeo for two years. The Mondeo is heavy on its front tyres and these just grip and grip. I haven't had the chance to drive them in snow but everything else is fine even in the depths of winter.
Their performance hasn't tailed off as they got down to just above the wear markers. I marked them down a little on wear but I do carry a lot of speed through curves so its no surprise. I've now replaced them with the same again.
tyre reviewed on September 13, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I am a bit divided on these tyres. The way they perform is excellent, they grip well in all conditions and offer dceent feedback and low road noise. However there is a downside. The tyres have developed cracks between the tread blocks at only 10,000 miles and 2 years old. Unlike others with this tyre I haven't actually found the tread wear too bad, there is 4mm left at present after plenty of spirited driving on my fairly high torque Diesel Alfa, but they are going to need to be replaced soon due to the cracking issue. The tyres have always been well treated and never underinflated so I am thinking it is a fault with the tyres compound.
tyre reviewed on July 19, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT EXEO ST TDI 170CR (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Good performance tyre that grips well in all conditions but they only lasted 14000 miles on the back of my front wheel drive car. This can't be down to misalignment as the car was put on a Hunter machine as soon as they were fitted. The previous rear tyres were the original Conti SportContact 2 and they lasted 4 years and 40k. I rarely carry passengers and the boot is empty 99% of the time. My car is pretty much an Audi A4 Avant B7 so if you have one of these or anything heavier, avoid them as they are far too soft.
tyre reviewed on June 29, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d (245-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Outstanding dry and wet grip and a very comfortable tyre with little noise and high resistance to aquaplaning . But they wear crazy fast i only got 2 months or about 2500 miles which is just insane . I couldnt recommend buying them for an everyday car . They would be perfect for a high power weekend car
tyre reviewed on June 18, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: