Dunlop SportMaxx RT

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Dunlop SportMaxx RT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 76 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 386,085 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

64%

86%

75%

Dunlop SportMaxx RT Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Best tyres I've ever had! Really fun, I can always trust on them nomatter what situation Im in. Wet grip is insane, just like driving with slicks on a dry track!

But theres always a minus with good things.. and that's the wear..absolutly rubbish with a big R! Driven 10000km with them now, and the pattern have vanished. :/

Would buy these again if they can make them last atleast 20000km or more
But until they find a good rubbermixture Im gonna buy Vredestein Ultrac Vorti/Sessanta.
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GOLF MK5 R32 3.2 V6 4MOTION (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic grip wet and dry, very quiet and comfortable for a performance tyre BUT the wear is horrible on a hot hatch with an aggressive front camber. Both fronts are down to 0mm on the inside shoulder after only 15,000km (~10,000mi) of mostly spirited driving on twisty country roads and are now unroadworthy, while the rears still have 4mm left and are wearing evenly. I have never had any tyres that lasted such a short time, so I would not buy again.
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2014
Looking to buy the Dunlop SportMaxx RT? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SportMaxx RT or any other tyre.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (255-40-19-W)
Exceptional tyre. I fitted them on my A8L W12 and the feedback is awesome, esspecially when they are warm enough. Wet grip is excellent for such wide tyre that my car needs. Still don't have a clue how long they will last but for now tyre wear is OK. They are also very quiet and very good for long highway trips at high speed. Definetely will buy again if the wear is as good as performance so far. Price is very reasonable, my other choise was the Yokohama V105 but their price was almost double.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (205 bhp) (215-55-16-W)
Great tyres, both on dry and wet roads. Grip is very good, they are holding the car very vell, also nice desgin/ good looking tyres. Recommended buy, worth the money. For sport cars and spirited drivers is a must have.
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6 xt (200-45-16-)
My previous Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres where pretty stiff, offering not much of comfort. These Dunlop tyres are way more forgiving, softening the bumps in the road, making the ride more comfortable. Yes, as a result, they are a little less direct, but I don't care, I'm not driving a race car to my work.

Compared to the Eagle F1 tyres, I find these Dunlops more silent, although on paper the Dunlops should be 1dB louder (67dB). In my experience, these tyres are very quiet.

One thing that made me drop my jaw on the floor is the amount of grip in the rain. I have never experienced so much grip in wet conditions before. Accelerating, cornering and braking in wet feels pretty much the same as in dry, it's that good!

I'm very happy with the Dunlops and there is a very big chance my next tyres will be the same!
tyre reviewed on May 27, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
Bought these after reading other reviews. Grip is superb in the dry and wet and they are reasonably quiet for a wide low-profile tyre. The downside to this is the very high wear rate on the tyre. After 4k miles I'm down to about 4mm on the fronts. Another 2 or 3 k before they need changing so I'll be getting something else. A mondeo diesel is hardly a performance car so I'm guessing the rubber is very soft and wears quickly when used on the fwd mondeo. Incidentally, the car's tracking is spot on and the wear is even across the full tyre width.
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus GS450h (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
Very grippy but worn down to half tread in 5k miles on the rear of a Lexus GS 450h.

Going back to Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 next time
tyre reviewed on May 6, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
I have them for 15k. Outstanding grip. Really unbeatable.
but my Yoko's cdrive2 are close.
the problem is that they have as much wear than my yoko's had at 40k.
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 600 average miles
Very good tires for fast cornering etc.
Great at fast speed stopping etc
But even now after 1000km of driving on country roads/motorway, 2 mm are gone.....hopefully they will last out this summer/season.

Absolutly awesome tires to drive with, but rubbish wear.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti or Nexen N8000 will be my next set tires
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2014
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225-45-17-)
Absolutely the worst tyres I've ever had.
I would never recommend these tyres to anyone else.
I've never owned before a tyre that lasts less than 10000 miles.
tyre reviewed on April 4, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: