Goodride SA05

Show all: Goodride tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Goodride SA05 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 80,051 miles driven.

Goodride SA05

40%

54%

Tyre Test Results:

Goodride SA05 Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Liberty RX (205-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
I have these tyres fitted to my 02 Subaru Liberty RX manual.
Considering that they were at least $60 cheaper than any other asymmetrical tyre available,I consider them good value for my money.
They have now done 30,000klms and I estimate another 5000klms before they need replacing.
My score for these tyres indicates how I rate them.
tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru liberty (205-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 30 spirited miles
See my review of these tyres on 6th April 2012.They are fitted to my 2002 Subaru Liberty RX. I have now done 30,000 klms on these tyres and would still recommend them as a budget w speed rated asymmetrical compared to the cost of well known brands at $60.00 dearer.
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodride SA05? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodride SA05 or any other tyre.

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
My wheels desperately needed replacing so I bought these in the West Lake brand to tide me over. I was expecting rubbish but was pleasantly surprised. Ok they are no Goodyear or Michelin but they are not deadly either. I know Goodyear do some manufacturing in Asia, and some tyres apparently didn't meet EU spec.

WestLake is a Canadian company I believe who do a lot of the design and testing. They are then manufactured in China like most other things these days. Apparently they have won several design and tech awards for their facilities, if this is true they seem to be good value.

If you search Westlake users in Canada and America they seem to have very positive reviews.
tyre reviewed on April 22, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225-45-17-)
Very hard, very noisy, and not at all good on a damp road. Lots of understeer, if you try any kind of acceleration, cornering speed on damp roads. Marginally better on fully wet roads. I replaced the fronts with Goodyear Eagle F1, barely used with minor puncture repairs(I was desperate and skint), and noticed an immediate difference in grip. The rears are still Goodride and probably 35%worn after 25000 miles, but are showing cracks along the tread pattern. I am looking to get shut. The tyres are so noisy, it sounds like the rear wheel bearings are on the way out, especially at 25 mph for some reason. I originally purchased a set of four for £240, and wish I had spent another £180 on Goodyear F1s. You live and learn. Probably cost effective for taxi drivers, but there must be better stuff out there for £60 a piece.
tyre reviewed on December 16, 2013
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225-45-17-)
Shit tires ! If you expect any performance don't buy those. worst tires I have ever had!
tyre reviewed on July 19, 2013
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan presea 1.8 (205-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20 average miles
Cheap price tyres from China, I was buy 4 tyres for 8,000 Thai Baht (about 260 US) in Thailand.
I used these with Nissan Presea 1.8 sedan.
Good grip on dry road, fair in wet.
The worst that, very noisy at 1 day used.
Very Durable (used for 30,000 km+), will use them until end of the year 2013.
Reasonable price, but I think maybe I won't buy it again (because of very noisy sound).
tyre reviewed on February 1, 2013
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Verso 2010 (225-45-17-)
Just had a pair fitted on front of Toyota verso to replace goodyears (215 x 55 17"). Performance so far good but haven't tried them in the wet though. Main complaint though is road noise. Tyres seem to produce loud resonance at 25 and 50 mph. Haven't tried 75 yet but suspect might also be bad. Really annoying as these are typical cruising speeds on certain roads. Definitely won't buy again. Will spend more on a premium tyre.
tyre reviewed on September 8, 2012
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Liberty RX (225-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Tried to find a review like this for Westlake SA05 tyres.Seems to me that the tyres are exactly the same except for the brand name.
The review didn't allow me to specify the correct tyre size which are 205 but I assume this would make little difference.
I took the chance that a cheaper tyre would be OK as most of the well known brands are at least $60 dearer for an asymmetrical W speed rated tyre.
As soon as I drove the car with these tyres ,I noticed a remarkable difference in steering,conering & braking over the previous symmetrical Firestone TZ100's which were on when I bought it 2 yrs ago.Only complaint is that they drone a little on certain road surfaces but this may be the asymmetric tread.Would certainly buy them again.
tyre reviewed on April 6, 2012
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors MAGENTIS (215-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Saying that the Goodride SA05 tyres aren’t as good as top-brand tyres is like saying that a mini is a terrible car because it’s not as good as a Rolls Royce. You’ve got to compare like-with-like. I fitted a set of 215/50 17 to the front of my Kia Magentis 2.7 which is a heavy car. I’ve just returned from a 700 mile drive around Scotland after which I can report that the tyres performed perfectly. They were considerably quieter than the old worn out Dunlop’s I used to have and even though I drove fully loaded on the motorway at 70mph, and around wet country lanes I never once felt the front end slip. If you’re going to compare these to a high-end tyre and drive on the limit of performance then there may be a difference but under normal driving conditions these tyres are excellent and I’m in the process of replacing my rear’s with the same brand, and they come with the added bonus of only cosing £53 each compared with £150 for a branded tyre.
tyre reviewed on August 12, 2011
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Vector Sport 150 Tdi Saloon (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
SEEM TO BE A DECENT TYRE FOR THE MONEY £60 EACH FITTED (MATE'S RATES). I DO THINK THAT THEY ARE A BIT HARD, AND THE RIDE QUALITY SUFFERS AS A RESULT, ALTHOUGH I HAD ONLY JUST BOUGHT MY SAAB 93, AND IT MAY BE THE SUSPENSION, BUT IT IS VERY HARSH OVER RUTS AND BUMPS. I HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY ISSUES IN DRY OR WET HANDLING CONDITIONS AND THEY LOOK GOOD!
tyre reviewed on March 30, 2011

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: