Goodyear UltraGrip 8

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Winter Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear UltraGrip 8 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 248,200 miles driven.

Goodyear UltraGrip 8

Goodyear UltraGrip 8 Reviews

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530d F10 (225-45-17-)
I had Dunlop winter sport 3D's on the older car 520D E60 model but decided to give these Goodyears a try on the newer car.
In a word these are "fantastic" tyres in terms of grip, wet or dry, refinement, and road noise suspression which is so low to be a non issue.
Had Bridgestone run flat summer tyres on the car, these were so noisy I changed the fronts to Dunlop Sport Max GT's, slight improvement, but not great.
Steering was heavyish, and the car seemed reluctant to turn into a bend.
For winter tyres and non run flats, the Goodyears are a revelation.
If you really want to experience how refined these new fives are, fit a set of these. In comparison the noise, vibration, and harshness, of the run flats totally destroy the refinement of these cars.
To drive it now is an absolute pleasure, quite, smooth, and relaxed.
Great handling, much better steering response, the nose now tucks into a corner, and you don't have to resist the stronger self centering action the other tyres caused.
Mine are the 225-55-17 101v extra load versions and they are sooooo good the run flats will never go back on the car again.
If you have a f10 beemer do yourself and your car a favour and buy a set of these, you will be amazed.
Not had any snow yet, so can't comment on this, but I suspect I won't be disapointed.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (205-55-16-)
Surprisingly very noisy on wet. In dry noise level is as a summer tyre. I had no problems on wet/dry snow. Tyres behave as expected, nothing more or less. Braking distances are acceptable. Fuel economy is perfect.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear UltraGrip 8? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear UltraGrip 8 or any other tyre.
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra Estate (225-45-17-)
Living in a place where no matter where you want to go, you have to go up a hill, winter can be a pain. Last night in my UltraGrip8s I sailed past struggling cars, including 4x4s, in my 2009 1.8 Vectra Estate, with ease. Comfortable, and the feel very safe. And they are longer wearing than I expected.
tyre reviewed on January 14, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT ibiza 1.4 (185-60-15-T)
Driving on track for 10,000 average miles
Very good tire. It is the third season i am using them.

Very good in dry but i was really impressed drivint them in wet conditions. They are even better than dry. They have good grip in snowy and ticy conditions and the wear is above average. I conclude this since they seem in very good condition and two days ago i had to drive under snowy conditions and most of it was a downhill route. Very good grip.

I will surely use them for 1 season and i believe might use for a total of 5 seasons. Great buy! Worth every euro they cost!
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat doblo (195-60-16-T)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I have been using the UG8 for two winters now on my Doblo and they have completely sold me on winter tyres. They are quiet in the dry have compliant side walls and ride more comfortably than my summer tyres which are admittedly more focussed. I have driven in snow up to 6 inch's deep miles from anywhere in the North Pennines, N.Yorks, Scotland and deepest Essex and they have never let me down or got me stuck. Their hill climbing ability is amazing even on a 2wd. On snowy and icy hills I just set the throttle and hold it in position and let the traction control work out the rest. I realised just how good they were once I had overtaken the fourth stranded 4wd on summers that I saw stuck on hills. I even towed a stranded 4wd Mitsubishi up a snow covered hill last year near Alston. The driver was both grateful and embarrassed. Great tyre and will buy this or the new UG9 at the end of this winter when these will be getting low.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 TSI (205-55-16-)
I am very satisfied with GY UG8. Confort is excelent, you feel like you've changed suspension. Ride quality is excelent, very good feedback and handling, no noise when running on highway. Traction in snow might not be the best as V shaped profile is good for confort and wet as opposed to big blocks that are good for griping in snow. Though I drove in snow and they felt ok. Braking on snow and ice is unconclusive as all tyres would slip a little. I think best winter tyres for driving on dry and wet roads at lower temperatures. Very good tyres for drinving on highways. Also seems they last very well. Maybe not the best tyre for heavy snow and ice. Would buy them again and recommend them.
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S40 (195-60-15-T)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Tyres were mostly driven in town and I can say only positive things.
Excellent wet, dry grip and wear.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift 1.3l 2007 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
What can I say, put these on all 4 corners last week and instant improvement, wet grip at 2c etc is fantastic, dry grip great, shorter braking distance than my summers, defo worth the investment for winter, not sure about snow yet not had any
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2013
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S40 1.6d (205-55-16-T)
Very very good grip. Wasn't expecting anything different from an expensive premium tire.
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Dacia Logan (185-55-15-T)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 10, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: