Kumho V70a

Show all: Kumho tyres, Passenger Car Summer Trackday and Competition tyres
The Kumho V70a is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 127,520 miles driven.

Kumho V70a

72%

93%

Tyre Test Results:

Kumho V70a Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda crx vtec 91 (195-50-15-)
Driving on track for 200 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on track for 10,000 spirited miles
Awsome trackday tire
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Looking to buy the Kumho V70a? Click here to search for the best price for the Kumho V70a or any other tyre.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a MINI JCW GP2 (225-45-17-W)
Great tyres, fantastic grip on my 2013 (MINI) John Cooper Works GP2
tyre reviewed on January 7, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (235-40-17-)
Driving on track for 100 spirited miles
Great dry grip/track tyres. They do wear very quick though, I killed a brand new set in my M3 track car in a day. Great fun but very expensive day.
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Honda crx vtec 91 (195-50-15-)
Driving on track for 100 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall vectra vxr 280bhp (215-45-17-)
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 CSL (265-35-18-)
Driving on track for 7,000 spirited miles
These are the best tyres I’ve ever tried on my M3 CSL.

I used the medium compound and the level of grip is just amazing as they warm up pretty quickly unlike the Michelin cup tyres which are good a hot day otherwise no grip as they take much longer to get them warmed up and if the track temperature is below 10degree then you’ll end up spinning!

I’ve never felt safe and confident driving hard as I did with these tires. 5*

I’ve done 4 – 5 full day track days with these tires on the race track and I was all over the big boys! Plus 7000 miles on the road.

Excellent dry (cold or warm) grip and very good on wet (tyre pressure has to be correct).

I recommend these tyres for both track and road use as they are very safe.
tyre reviewed on May 20, 2012
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E36 328i saloon (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I run these on my track prepared E36 328iSE saloon, previously I ran Falkens, Michelins and then I invested in TOYO proxy's...all great tires the latter being incredible. BUT, by chance i ended up with a set of KUMHO V700 V70a Hard compound tires.

First experience of driving with them was on the dampest wettest day ever, satnding water rolling across road, so i was a tad apprehensive about what to expect as KUMHO have always been a ''cheap'' tire in the back of my mind.

Once I broke the initial membrane down and they started to heat up, my loaded with me and 2 passengers. I was starting to accelerate and brake at a reasonable pace, till I realised that I was driving quicker across this particular length of country road in ridiculous conditions on the upper side of three digits. These tires are incredible, the way they push the water to allow traction is incredible. High speed stability (combination of tires and suspension set up) is second to none. At the other side of 140 is equal to that at 50. I can't rate this tire enough...! On a RWD BMW this tire feels so at home.

In the dry...NOTHING COMPARES as a road tire...I'll eat my hat if you can prove a tire equal or better!

Wear isn't too bad on the hard compound, Im sure with a dose of spiritedness and easy motorway driving one can achieve 5000miles easily. I would recommend these tires over Proxys, Yoko's (which I had on my MR2) and the brands above, just for price and performance you'd be insane not to give them a go...I will the moment I can afford 650 for a set.
tyre reviewed on May 22, 2011
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Vectra C 3.2 GTS (225-45-17-W)
Driving on track for 0 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on April 4, 2010
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDi (205-40-17-W)
Driving on track for 120 spirited miles
Bought for the track but will be be used to drive to the track as well ( apart from the ring where i'll swop wheels when i get there) Have done about 60 laps of oulton park in cold and wet conditions and although conditions were far from ideal they were slightly better than street tyres.

However ever once a dry line showed up (75%of track) the difference between the Kumho and a street tyre was like night and day!

This is my first venture into track tyres so cant compare them with other track tyres.
tyre reviewed on January 5, 2010

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!