Kumho V70a

Kumho V70a

The Kumho V70a is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 128,120 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2013 Auto Bild Track Day Semi Slick Tyre Test - 5th of 6 tyres

• Positive - Safe and balanced handling on a dry track, strong cornering and braking
  • Negative - Slow steering and reduced feedback in both the wet and dry. Average wet performance all round
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho V70a
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho V70a. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho V70a Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E36 328i saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I run these on my track prepared E36 328iSE saloon, previously I ran Falkens, Michelins and then I invested in TOYO proxy's...all great tires the latter being incredible. BUT, by chance i ended up with a set of KUMHO V700 V70a Hard compound tires.

First experience of driving with them was on the dampest wettest day ever, satnding water rolling across road, so i was a tad apprehensive about what to expect as KUMHO have always been a ''cheap'' tire in the back of my mind.

Once I broke the initial membrane down and they started to heat up, my loaded with me and 2 passengers. I was starting to accelerate and brake at a reasonable pace, till I realised that I was driving quicker across this particular length of country road in ridiculous conditions on the upper side of three digits. These tires are incredible, the way they push the water to allow traction is incredible. High speed stability (combination of tires and suspension set up) is second to none. At the other side of 140 is equal to that at 50. I can't rate this tire enough...! On a RWD BMW this tire feels so at home.

In the dry...NOTHING COMPARES as a road tire...I'll eat my hat if you can prove a tire equal or better!

Wear isn't too bad on the hard compound, Im sure with a dose of spiritedness and easy motorway driving one can achieve 5000miles easily. I would recommend these tires over Proxys, Yoko's (which I had on my MR2) and the brands above, just for price and performance you'd be insane not to give them a go...I will the moment I can afford 650 for a set.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2011

Latest Kumho V70a Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho V70a tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the V70a.

Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on track for 600 spirited miles
Good once you have heat in them, you can really nail it in the dry (K60) med compound. I bought some old tyres (5 years but still had preserver on) and I think they're probably better younger. I had no grip in the wet until they were warm (on the rear they were useless but ok on the front/FF car).
There's not as much tread as r888 or 595 federals which means driving home on illegal tyres if you don't watch the wear.
They were so stiff to get on, now my mate won't change my tyres any more!! The sidewalls are mega strong.
Easy to spin in the dry if you have them on the rear and they are cold also, beware.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (225/45 R17) on track for 10,000 spirited miles
Awsome trackday tire
0 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a MINI JCW GP2 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Great tyres, fantastic grip on my 2013 (MINI) John Cooper Works GP2
0 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (235/40 R17) on track for 100 spirited miles
Great dry grip/track tyres. They do wear very quick though, I killed a brand new set in my M3 track car in a day. Great fun but very expensive day.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2013