Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

The Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 108,505 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 Track Day Tyre Test - 4th of 5 tyres

• Positive - Well balanced in the wet making the car easy to drive.
  • Negative - Slow steering in the dry, long wet braking distances.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I'd heard a lot of good things about these tyres, and everyone was right. I will never be buying any other tyre for any sports car I own! The grip in the dry, mixed with the AWD from my Impreza is unbeatable, and it grips just as well in the wet, giving me massive confidence in the corners. They still look new after 2000 miles of use and aren't any louder than other tyres I've used. They are a premium brand tyre but don't cost as much as other makes, which is a bonus. Would highly recommend to anyone.
69 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2016

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ADVAN Neova AD08R.

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota 86 GT (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Tyres have great grip, but completely ruined turn in to corners. Car has lost that go-cart feel, much heavier to turn, very vague in the front end. Shoiuld have stayed with the P-zero's.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2017
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have them on my 400hp Evo IX. I did trackdays, city driving, road trips, driven on the wet, even a 2km drive on snow to the tire shop last winter to change the wheels. So I know how they perform all round. And I can say they are great tires!!!! The grip is incredible. On track, warmed up, and with about 1.4 bar hot pressure they grip amazing, and also when the grip finally ends they are very predictable. In fact that is very good, that even on the edge, even when you entered a corner 50% faster than you knew it was sensible, they are predictable, they don't suddently give up on traction. Even on wet roads, they aren't that bad, of course there is acvaplaning, and some understear if you push them on wet roads, but it is progressive, it happens in a predictable way. I have participated at about 10 trackdays in the last 3 years since I have them, I have also used them on public roads, for city and road trips, for a total of I would say about 15.000kms. They still have tread left, I think They would last me also next season. Definetly buying them again!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a MG MGF (205/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
The MGF is picky when it comes to tyres and tyre sizes. Therefore to be specific:
2x Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R 195/50 R15 82V
2x Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R 205/50 R15 86V
that replaced (the by many beloved... as long as the road was bone dry) Toyo TR 1 185/55 R15 / 205/50 R15's. The Toyo's were a good summer tyre but squirmy in the wet and the limit of cornering speeds wasn't much higher that say a VW Golf before things got "interesting".

Despite the concerns of Rover MG of under steer with 195/50 in the front I decided to risk it (185/50 R15 being almost impossible to get these days). The tread pattern is more of a racing tyre than your standard V tread (Toyo TR1). This means 1. huge blocks of road gripping rubber, 2. a much more rigid (stable feeling) tyre and 3. a very unique look to the car. Under steer has never been an issue and I've had a lot less over steer than I did with the Toyo TR1's and factory Goodyear tyres (so many years ago).

Cornering speeds: 90 degree unbanked turn = 60 to 70km/h
Swerving between cars / obstacles speed: 80 to 100 km/h
Burnout minimum revs: 4000 rpm (TOYO 3000 rpm)

This is a tyre you want to drive hard. Arrive home after "a bit of fun" and you'll smell the rubber. Extremely stable with plenty of grip on dry surfaces, and less tread wear / sidewall deterioration than the Toyo TR1 after 2 summers (which needed balancing every year). Breaking feels more controlled and changing gears at high revs will actually surge the car forward.

Here we have roads with traffic obstacles in the centre of the road that cover only half the lane in concrete paving stones. The AD08R will actually pull the steering wheel towards the centre line because of the grip (unlike the Pirelli, Toyo or Michelin I've had on other cars on this road). Response / feedback from changing surface conditions / quality is incredibly clear.

I'm supposed to mention comfort as well: if you want to know about comfort, buy a French car and move to a retirement home, and don't be surprised when an MGF overtakes you for being old.

If you're going to invest in your MGF as a true British performance sports car, these are about as good as you can get to performance summer tyres without having your own pit crew changing from racing slicks to treads every time it rains. That is, until Yokohama bring out their replacement for the AD08R.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Exeo (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 500 spirited miles
The car is 2.0tsi FWD STAGE1 with close to 300 bhp and 480 nm torque. Its being driven fairly aggressively on mostly city and country roads with the occasional motorway driving. I come form Kumho Exsta XS ku36 tyres 235/45/17 i.e. one size larger footprint then the Yokos. First impressions after 500 miles are that the Yokos fee much much lighter (although if you look at the spec sheets its only a couple of kgs a corner) They are significantly more responsive in terms of steering feel and direction change. If anything lateral grip has improved slightly although longitudinal grip and breaking capacity have been perhaps slightly reduced. If this is indeed the case the difference very small. This could very well be due to the Yokos smaller 225 section or maybe is a misperception on my end. Everything I write is based on feel alone and I have no data to back my experiences.
The Yoko is definitely the better tyre of the two it has better comfort, exceptional performance and a very sharp steering feel making the dull VAG/Audi steering more enjoyable to drive. The tyre handles small road imperfections very well on par with a UHP tyre. This changes as the imperfections become bigger and tyre starts to show its hard sidewalls. There is the occasional tramlining but its not as bad as it is on the Kumhos. Surprisingly quiet tyres. There is none of that humming and buzzing that I used to get form the Kumhos. The Kumhos at 120 km/h and above sounded as if I have a swarm of angry bees in the engine bay. Wet driving is fine I rarely drive hard when its wet so nothing to complain here but then again the tyres have not been pushed in the wet.
Due to their better steering capacity, occasional tramlining and hard sidewalls you need to be awake when pushing on country roads with less then perfect surface as the tyres become very "nervous" and small steering inputs sometimes result in bigger then expected direction changes at very high speed 140 km/h +

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

3 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2017