Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

The Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 67,005 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I'd heard a lot of good things about these tyres, and everyone was right. I will never be buying any other tyre for any sports car I own! The grip in the dry, mixed with the AWD from my Impreza is unbeatable, and it grips just as well in the wet, giving me massive confidence in the corners. They still look new after 2000 miles of use and aren't any louder than other tyres I've used. They are a premium brand tyre but don't cost as much as other makes, which is a bonus. Would highly recommend to anyone.
36 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2016

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ADVAN Neova AD08R.

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
I have these fitted on my Tommi Makinen Edition running 370hp. These tyres are phenomenal, the grip is enormous and the direct feel from the steel inserts in the sidewalls means you can really point the car through the apex with astonishing precision. These tires have so much grip that it's actually scary and maybe not as fun to drive on them if you like a car to be quite playful. These are extreme road legal track tires so it's hard to imagine you will go near their limits on the street. If you do, you will be cornering at outrageous speeds. They are very progressive on the limit and are not snappy on the edge of the grip limit. They don't go off when very hot either. Wet weather they are actually very decent although I cannot judge them in standing water yet, only a wet surface. Tire noise is acceptable, however you don't buy tires like these if you are worried about noise levels. The jurry is still out on wear rate, but I would assume they are not going to last a lengthy amount of time if you are driving hard and on the limit. That being said, I could not imagine a street legal tire that does a better job for the price for sheer outright grip in dry conditions. I certainly don't think a the more expensive Michelin cup tire is any better, but you pay a lot more for them. I recommend giving the AD08R a try if you are after extreme grip and care for nothing else but going ballistic.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2017
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class AMG (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Absolutely sublime tyres! I fitted brand new DOT2016 Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 to my E63 AMG...they lasted 5 days! The sidewall flex was enough to make me throw up. Totally ruined my car. I was going to go back to my previous Potenza RE05A as it was a good performer but I thought I'd try a race-bred tyre. Now these AD08R's....they are something special. Sure, comfort has been compromised, but then you don't but tyres like this if you're interested in driving with passion. The steering response and turn-in is incredible. The balance that the chassis has...amazing. Grip...wow. Honestly, tyre wear isn't an issue at all for me if the tyre is as good as this. This is comparable to the R888, at least on the street. If you're a serious driver who knows how to drive fast and appreciates good balance and chassis control...you will not be disappointed with these tyres.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2016
36 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2016
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Perodua Myvi (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
The ultimate all round tire from Japan!
2 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2016