Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

The Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08

This tyre has been replaced by the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

Tyre review data from 35 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 206,505 miles driven.

2019 17 inch Track Day Tyre Test - 2nd of 5 tyres

• Positive - Universal tyre for different weather conditions, less overheating than Hankook RS3.
  • Negative - Average feedback, high price, moderate lateral cornering.
  • Overall - Nicely balanced on the Mazda, but poor reactions to large steering lock so not ideal for beginners. The tyre doesn't overheat much, and allows for constant laptimes. A good wet performance means this tyre could be a good choice as an everyday tyre, but for the price you could get the Hankook for track and Continental for road.

2017 Track Day Tyre Test - 4th of 5 tyres

• Positive - Well balanced in the wet making the car easy to drive.
  • Negative - Slow steering in the dry, long wet braking distances.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

2019-10-06 - What's the TW?

I'm afraid we don't keep treadwear rating on record for the AD08R, I'm sure Yokohama will be able to answer the question in your size.

Top Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Review

Given 94% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I'd heard a lot of good things about these tyres, and everyone was right. I will never be buying any other tyre for any sports car I own! The grip in the dry, mixed with the AWD from my Impreza is unbeatable, and it grips just as well in the wet, giving me massive confidence in the corners. They still look new after 2000 miles of use and aren't any louder than other tyres I've used. They are a premium brand tyre but don't cost as much as other makes, which is a bonus. Would highly recommend to anyone.
146 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2016

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ADVAN Neova AD08R.

Given 90% while driving a SEAT Leon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Hello I am from Athens Greece so average tarmac here (unfortunately).I drive a Seat Leon mk1 1.8t 20v.with Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R 225/45/17 91Y tyres. On dry tarmac they give great handling and feedback on close turn roads and they offer great confidence - while on highways they are excellent offering great grip on high speeds and also on emergency brakes .On wet tarmac either on close turn roads or on highways you just cant find the tyre's limits ,so you drive more preservative.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Subaru 2008 subaru impreza sti (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Can't say anything more than best reviews here. I used to buy these tyres for long now, since they were "Ad08" not "R", on my subarus : they are the best out of many previous tyres tests for me on my "toy/track" STI, and as a bonus I reached 5000kms for the first time with one set - Since this time, I never change again !
I think the one word to describe these tyres is : confidence.
I use them on my daily STI too, I just switch to V105 for winter conditions. Sometimes I test other tyres on this car when i want different grip, cause il like having fun at lower speed on this car.
Just to know I have >700Nm, crush some gearboxes on my trackcar, and this tyre never peeled off like many others on hard track use, even when touching bumpers. I also can do long sessions on my favorite track (>30min), it doesnt overheat too fast.

0 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019
Given 77% while driving a Subaru BRZ (235/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I'm currently on my third set of AD08Rs. All 3 sets have been acquired at different stage's of life over the last 2 years so i'd assume my review on them should be fairly comprehensive for my use-case.

1'st set i got was off a friend which were relatively new with about 85% thread left on them. 2'nd set popped up really cheap as a used set at around 60% life and i got the 3'rd set new.

For daily use:
Honestly, a surprisingly well-behaved race-orientated tyre for the road. No real drama. It's perfectly acceptable in terms of conform and noise (given i run pretty stiff coilovers and exhaust isn't exactly silent). Ran RE003 Potenza's before this which is more of a road-bias performance tyre and i barely, if at all, notice any difference in comfort. Dry grip undoubtedly, is excessive for everyday road use. Trust me, i'll hardly ever have a lack of it in the dry. In the wet, they behave well too. When they're new, cruising on the highway at 100-120kmph isn't much of a big deal but of course, don't go crazy and you'll be fine. Wear on these i'd assume are fine as well if you swap between track and daily alignments. As i had a string of trackdays, i made the mistake of leaving a rather aggressive track alignment on and yet, they lasted a 6 months on a combo of daily driving and track work.

For the Track:
In terms of outright grip, they're great. Comparable to the R888Rs and anything else in the upper echelon of street-legal performance tyres, if not better. They let go very progressively and you'll hear they screech long before they give-up on you. One complaint i have tho, is feedback. Perhaps it's the specific alignment i'm running or some weird steering geometry at play but they feel numb. Going straight, mid-corner, on full lock, on breaking, they just feel numb to me. Hence, if it's your first time out on them, it'll take you sometime to learn ther limit as you'll have to go off your other senses to determined whether or not you're gonna implant yourself into that wall out of turn-14.

Aside from the lack of feedback, overall a very good tire.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2019
Given 77% while driving a Ford Focus 2002 Hatchback (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Marvellous grip in the dry, crossing white lines in the wet, not so good. My mistake was I bought 225/45/17 tyres, instead of original size 215/45/17. On bumpy country roads, which is the custom in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 the width of the tyres scrape against the front wheel arches, though the rear is unconcerned . I will indeed buy them again, in the original SVT Focus size.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (215/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
My car has staggered sizes, so this is also a review of 185/55 15 front tyres.

Brilliant tyres, straight up, but fairly hardcore. Great fun. You feel everything through the steering. These tyres fundamentally change the whole feel of my car. The steel reinforced sidewalls literally make the car feel like it's had stiffer suspension fitted. Ideal for enthusiastic drivers, but, understandably, they ride a little harder than average. To me, that's worth it for the razor sharp turn in.

They tramline a little on my medium profile front tyres - not enough to bother me, but you do notice. Anyone with 19" or 20" fronts on ultra low profile rubber should weigh that up carefully before pulling the trigger.

Dry grip and exceptional feel are these tyres' forte. Wet grip is OK (but I have separate winter wheels/tyres and would not advise pushing these tyres in cold, wet conditions). Feel in the wet remains good. 10/10 dry, 7.5/10 wet.

Sadly, these tyres have been discontinued, replaced by the AD08RS which has a lower rolling resistance. I hope this does not affect grip and feel. Time will tell. Looking forward to seeing some reviews on the RS.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019