Marshal Matrac FX MU11

Marshal Matrac FX MU11

The Marshal Matrac FX MU11 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 83,700 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 39th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Marshal Matrac FX MU11

Questions and Answers for the Marshal Matrac FX MU11

2016-07-28 - Will these tyres be suitable for my Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4 2004 which never goes off road, this vehicle is no heavier than a medium sized estate car.

Assuming the load rating of the Marshal MU11 meets the minimum specified load rating of your vehicle, the tyres will be suitable for road driving.

Top Marshal Matrac FX MU11 Review

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (215/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very impressed with these tyres. As a cheaper option than the tyres I had on before (Goodyear Eagle F1), I expected to notice some differences, but have not. Loads of grip, comfortable and durable. Tried to generate some understeer on a wet (& empty) motorway junction roundabout, to see if maybe it's only my relatively sedate driving style that makes these seem good, but no - nothing doing. Held on throughout. Will fit these again when need the next set.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2015

Latest Marshal Matrac FX MU11 Reviews

Have you driven on the Marshal Matrac FX MU11 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Matrac FX MU11.

Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper D (205/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Fitted to a Mini Cooper. Like all run flats, they are stiff and make the ride noisy and hard. These are much worst than standard fit Dunlops.
Plenty of grip in the dry although a sudden snap into a scary drift when pushed.
However, the slightest sign of moisture and they are scary and dangerous. Slippy, very slippy. Lots of noisy understeer and no grip to speak of. My big Land Rover Discovery can go round wet corners faster and safer.
Cheap and nasty. Very nasty in the damp.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 44,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres as a mid range replacement when I'd just bought the car. Probably one of the best decisions, these were inexpensive and have lasted for ages. I was expecting to have to change them within 18 months but they've last three years and I'm just about to replace only the front ones, the rears could probably last me another year.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2016
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d touring (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I've put them on a back of my 3 series estate, (255/40/17) and cant't wait to take them off. It feels like the back end has a life of it's own. Side wall of the tyre is very soft and deflects a lot in a corners, giving a very weird feedback.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2015
3 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Evo 4 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 700 spirited miles
Recently put four of these on my Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and have been pleasantly surprised, they offer plenty of wet and dry grip but i have to agree with the other review that there is some road noise. I push my car hard, especially into and out of corners and the Matrac's really do work well, maybe they just suit my car and wheel combination. Overall very impressed for the money spent.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2011