Michelin Pilot Road 4

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Road 5

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 56,600 miles driven.

Reports

2014 Motorrad Premium Touring Motorcycle Tyre Test - 1st of 7 tyres

• Overall - In bad weather Michelin riders have always have good cards. The new Road 4 shows, as expected, no weaknesses
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Road 4
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Road 4. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Road 4 Review

Given 80% while driving a Kawasaki ZZR1400 (190/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
Tyres are really good in general use. However, you need to be careful for the first hundred miles or so as the tread has little grip (wet or dry) until roughed up.
On tyre life I got about the same life as PR3s when Michelin advertise it should be more.
80 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2016

Latest Michelin Pilot Road 4 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Road 4.

Given 87% while driving a Toyota Yaris (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,300 average miles
Indonesian Review !!!
Got 4 sets of new Pilot Sport 4...
The OEM fitted was Bridgestone Turanza ER33 for 4 years, this tyre absolutely rubbish.. when I drove in rainy season, this tyre can not handle wet condition and the aquaplaning is really bad (absolutely bad). When ER33 was fitted, the biggest problem is understeer since my car is FWD. it lost grip when I entered corners because my house is in plateau area which built with many corners.
the OEM fitted was 195/50R16.... therefore, for better cornering I chose wider tyres than the OEM fitted. So, I went for 205/50ZR16 for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 with OEM wheels.
The difference is really big !, the first time I drove the car when it came out from the tire workshop is absolutely amazing. The steering feel is pretty surprising because it felt lighter and easy to turn.
When I was entering corners, it gripped really well. So, it was easy to came out the corner. The breaking distance is really well. I know I'd never measured the breaking distance when I use ER33 but PS4 is much much better.
I thought since it's sport tyre, the compound will be hard and harsh when it hits speed bumps or uneven road surface, but it feels good or much better than ER33 (with soft compound) because Michelin mixed the compound for better performance for daily driving.
Since, I get this PS4 in dry season, I could not review when it hits wet road. Hopefully, I can give next review when it comes to rainy season...
I totally recommend this Michelin PS4 for you guys who drive sedan, hatchback or even MPV. Try this Michelin PS4 and you will never get upset and makes your old tyre rubbish.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2018
Given 91% while driving a Honda Motorcycle CB1300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
Great tyres for UK or wet weather, but also fantastic on dry roads. I now only get Michelin Pilot Road 4 because they last me long enough giving me confidence on wet roads. My bike is quite heavy and tyres do get squared off due to lack of bendy roads, but that's not the fault of tyres.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 67% while driving a Ducati Monster 821 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Tyres been used on a Monster 821.. huge torque so didn't expect much life but they're dead after 5000miles.
I commute all year round in the Lake District, they grip pretty well in all conditions but they do move around an awful lot in the wet compared to the pirellis that were on there from factory and the Metzeler M5 interacts I had fitted to my previous bike. They wore much better than the Rosso 2 on the front, the rear is about the same.

They offer reasonable feedback and reasonable warm up in cold weather and wet roads, clear water well but doesn't inspire confidence and is a little slower to respond though this could be down to pressures or suspension. Rear traction is where these fall fowl as even with a small throttle input they still spin up over bumps, drains etc.

Also until they're bedded in they border on being leathal on anything but a dry road.

I wouldn't buy them again as that simple aren't as good as the Metzeler M5s which didn't even break loose in the snow on the up a 20% gradient.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2017
Given 76% while driving a Kawasaki z1000 (195/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I've been riding road bikes since I was 18yo Im now 54 so I have a lot of experience on this.
These are brilliant tyres for a tourer or a commuter that does a lot of miles but also gets out into the twisties to have some fun.
Once warm they do grip brilliantly for a tyre with an expected life on a 1000cc bike of over 18000klm
I have these on the rear of my Kawasaki Ninja 1000abs ( z1000sx) and have screwed them nicely for the past 12000klm since the bike was new. they only have about 2000klm left now but still grip well but are feathered up quite bad due to the severe cramp I seem to get in my right wrist from time to time
Recommend these? Yes in a heart beat... but my next set will be Metzler M7RR's I think for more grip.

Have a nice day.
From the land of OZ.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Kawasaki zx12r (190/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
I've ridden 50.000miles (no commuting) on my 12, which I have owned for 12 years. I have fitted Dunlop 207, Avon Storm 2, Metzeler Sportec M5, Maxxis M6029 Supermaxx, CST C6577 Adreno (shock/horror), Bridgestone BT014, BT021, BT023, and Continentals, all ranging from 1500 miles to 3500 miles out of a rear tyre, using two rears to one front. But the Michelin Pilot Road 4's have managed 5800 miles out of a rear on both occasions I have used them, and are my favorite choice of tyre at the moment.

0 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2017