Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3

Show all: Michelin tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 171 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 2,199,709 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2

75%

85%

82%

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 Reviews

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (245-40-18-W)
Best tyre I've ever had, I always have the best of what is available.
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK3 SE (205-45-16-W)
The PS3 were carefully selected replacing a long standing trust with Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, After numerous sets of the Uniroyal RS2, in the Rain and braking in the wet is where they shined but I was left wanting more as a driver, but a great safe tyre with plenty of feel. The Michelin's are better on number of points .. the PS3's have a greater sidewall stiffness and the compound is much better wearing. This means better stability at speed and the precision of the steering inputs better, allowing you to balance the car faster into corners or going in flatter and back on the accelerator. I had the PS3 at the front Axled (FWD Car) and left the Uniroyal at the rear. This has served me fine but will write my next review with a new full set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3's ! ... This tyre is probably the best I have overall so far from a drivers perspective.
tyre reviewed on September 21, 2014
Looking to buy the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3? Click here to search for the best price for the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 or any other tyre.

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 rxh estate (245-45-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 14,000 easy going miles
I've had no problem with the performance of these tyres but this is because the rubber is soft which unfortunately means they don't last long. I had these on my peugeot and they went illegal at approx 14,000 miles, and they didn't drive in any tough conditions or at particularly high speed. Considering your'll be paying approx £600 for a full set I'd steer clear unless you don't do much miles and your all about performance.
tyre reviewed on August 26, 2014
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport Sportwagon (150) (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
Brought these tyres under the recommendation of a friend and the local tyre fitter, I wont again. Paid approx £460 for four, and after 8000 miles they are nearly at the legal limit. I noticed after 4000 miles they had worn a lot more than I expected. I decided to have the fronts/rears swapped over and while speaking to the fitter he said it was common for the Michlin PS3's to last only 8-10k. It is a large diesel car, however from the reviews and recommendations I was expecting them to last longer and not need changing after 6 months(8000miles)!!
tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (225-40-18-W)
5 weeks owning my focus mk2 st2 and first thing was to get the barum budgets off and some proper rubber on. Im running 320bhp with mods trough the front wheels so it needs a dam good tyre. Im pleased to say Im so happy with the pilot sport 3. They have totally changed to feel and ride and the grip is phenomenal in both dry and wet. In my opinion a must have for the st. 500 I paid for 4 spankers which may seem steep but it feels safe and planted with these bad boys on. Look no further.
tyre reviewed on July 20, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225-45-17-)
Absolutely superb, these are a million miles better than £10-20 cheaper options

Dry and wet grip are very very good, I have used these on track and they don't come a far off the grip I get from Toyo Proxes R888 semi-slicks on the same car.

Road feeling is superb, they are quiet and you know all the time whats happening
tyre reviewed on July 18, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (215-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 32 spirited miles
Put 4 of these on to my Alfa Mito 1.4 turbo (155bhp) and have been impressed with their overall performance, as good in the wet as dry even good in snow. Have driven 52,000Kms on some challenging NZ road surfaces and they are just ready for replacement, excellent tyres.
tyre reviewed on July 5, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen MKV GTI (225-45-17-)
I BOUGHT A VW GOLF GTI EDITION 30 X4 BRAND NEW PILOT 3 SPORT.
PUSH THE CAR HARD INTO CORNERS AND THE CAR UNDERSTEERS??? PUSH IT HARD ON A ROUNDABOUT OR HARD BEND, THE BACK END OUT, CARNT DRIVE THIS CAR HARD AT ALL WITH THESE TYRES, I WILL DO MY RESEARCH, BUT I HAD BRIDGESTONE REO40'S ON THE HONDA AND PUT THE CAR WHERE I WANTED IT WITHOUT DRAMA. CAR OR TYRES? CARNT WAIT TO GET THEM OFF
tyre reviewed on June 24, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Suberb MkII (225-40-18-W)
I purchased my Superb last year (second hand 1.8TSI) and it had to have 3 new tyres for the MOT. I was expecting WingWong SuperSkiddy ditchfinders (as seems to be dealer practise these days). I was pleasantly surprised to find Michelin PS3s all round. These tyres have been nothing but almost faultless over the 12500 miles.

The ride is excellent and when the tyres are new have excellent dry and wet grip. They really are incredible in how much grip they can generate. In the biblical weather we had at Christmas / New Year they never put a foot wrong and made for a very comfortable and secure drive. I can't imagine being in a car with poor and cheap tyres in that weather (like the Gentleman at my office with an S63 AMG and Primewell tyres!).

However, when they get down below 2.5mm they go from neutral handling to understeer much quicker and the TCS light seems to wink at me much more. The noise levels increased as well and became droney at 70mph. This was quite a surprise given the handling with more tread depth. The only other tyre that I can remember doing this was the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. I never experienced the same level of drop off with the previous Hankook V12 Evo or S1 Evos on my Octavia Estate.

Wear was fair given the journey I do (30 mile commute with 18 roundabouts on NSL DC so is fairly hard on tyres). Previous Ultrac Sessantas lasted 8000miles and Hankook V12 Evos around 10,000miles. Given the grip levels and quality of the tyre I am fairly happy with that. I don't hang around and like to minimise my journey times.

Would I buy again? Yes but not this time. With the rave reviews of the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2, I have given that ago instead.

Summary: Excellent tyre in the dry and wet with a keen turn in and good ride comfort. Wear is better than previous tyres on the same road. Would buy again.
tyre reviewed on June 23, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: