Nankang XR611

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Nankang XR611 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 52% over 408,600 miles driven.

Nankang XR611

54%

44%

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang XR611 Reviews

Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 240 estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
I reckon they're pretty terrible tyres.

I've got a Pirelli P6 on one side, and one of these Nankangs on the other, I bought the car like this. The tyre had 50% tread and is a 2010 make.

Hard braking, the Nangkang will lock up, creating an oversteer situation.
It is worse than the other 3 tyres on the car by a significant amount.

Wet grip is non existent, always spins.

It's a volvo 240 with 100HP but has no worries hitting 160 on the speedo with this nasty tyre.

Good for burnouts.

I know this "review" is dumb because I have mixed tyres but it really is the worst of the bunch.

Cars have a brake proportioning valve so that the rear wheels cannot lock under braking, there is a heavy bias towards the front, around 75 front, 25% rear.

This thing locks up in the dry before the fronts are even close. dodgy dodgy tyre.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Renault R21 TXE (185-65-14-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Acceptable in the dry for easy driving
Very dangerous in the wet. On wet roads, I was unable to follow the average granny.
This tyre should not be authorized, very dangerous. The worst I ever had...
tyre reviewed on August 5, 2013
Looking to buy the Nankang XR611? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang XR611 or any other tyre.

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Micra (165-55-13-)
I had these tyres fitted to 13x7 Starmags on my Micra which is fitted with lower suspension. Day to day driving these tyres are awesome. You really cannot go wrong with them - they wear very well due to the hard compound. If you're a sober driver I'd definitely recommend these. Grip levels are low, but when you're driving in a relaxed fashion and not going too crazy they're amazing.

I enjoy going to track days in my daily driven giggle of a Nissan Micra, and this is where they begin to fall down. Spirited driving on roads is hampered by this tyre. Grip levels in the dry are pretty bad and will restrict your cars performance massively in the corners. In the wet, don't even attempt to drive fast as they're genuinely scary. The hard compound wears extremely well but also has very little grip. Fast take offs from standing usually result in wheel spins.

Great tyre for Joe Bloggs in his Ford Mondeo going to work and back. Terrible tyre for enthusiasts!

I've since ditched them and the 13s in favour of 15" Team Dynamics with Toyo T1Rs. Infinitely better, kids!
tyre reviewed on April 26, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Sedici 16v 4x4 (205-60-16-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
My car is a Fiat Sedici 1.9JTD, basically a Suzuki Sx4 masquerading as a Fiat but with electronic 4 Wheel drive. It is a sort or crossover car. I have had it since new and it chews tyres on the front badly. The Yokohama's it came with lasted 4000 miles, next were Michelins at just 3000 miles. Then I went Falken 952 and got a staggering 7000 miles. Got ripped off on a cold dark night with a puncture and had Kumurans fitted and these were lethal. I got them taken off after 600 miles or I am sure me or the wife would have died (these are supplied by Michelin). Tyre shopper recommended Nankang which were the same tread pattern as the Yokohama's it had originally on the front and it still has on the back. These were the XL version and what a difference. The car is back to how I got it when delivered. I am not sure if it is the XL doing it but I have covered 11,000 miles and they still look like they can do another 11k before replacement. Tough, wear well and no grip or lack of braking performance. Found this site as I am ordering another two for the rear now. Work well on crossovers I guess.
tyre reviewed on December 20, 2012
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Seicento 1.1 MPI FIRE (sporting) (165-55-13-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
Good tyre for the price. At this size it was only this or the Pirelli P 700z. The Pirelli is a 1995 design so i chose the Nankang. Got theme after some 175/50/13 Yokohama A539. I believe the lack of grip in the wet is due to wear as i dont remember i had any wet grip problems when the tyres were new.
tyre reviewed on November 11, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Bongo Friendee (215-65-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
On my third set of these now, as I found them to be spot on. They are fitted to a Mazda Bongo 4wd, which use to chew through van tyres (due to load rating needed) every 10000 miles. These XR611's have been great. I am getting 30k miles from a set,(done around 120k miles in 6 years of ownership) and have never had any problems in the wet. I've had no problems with them off road or on snow either.....although I have Nankang snow tyres for winter use now...I hope to get a chance to use them this year!
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2012
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (225-45-17-)
So so noisy. Thought it originally was the diff bearings or the ale bearings. Noise was more. Prominant when cold. Sounded like four wheel drive tires. Terrible in the wet. No grip. Removed off car after 15,000km. Ford fairmont el station wagon. Wear was good as rubber was so hard.
tyre reviewed on October 4, 2012
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fairmont ghia (205-65-15-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
I bought a ford fairmont with these on it. They were near new. I got the car steering aligned and wheels balanced. It rained during the wheel service. I drove out into the rain and on the first roundabout the car slid out at the front and then the back came out and the car did a 280 spin. This was at about 25 kmph. Thinking it may be oil or grease on the three I then gingerly drove the car until I could scrub them up on some gravel. After some testing and checking, these tyres are really dangerous, ESP in the wet and unsafe at even low speeds on corners. The fairmont is a large heavy rear wheel drive sedan, and these tyres are particulary unsuited, they break and slip with no warning in the wet,(front and back) including a four wheel slide at about 40k on a sloping corner. I intend to replace them and slash the Nanking tyres and throw them away, they are really shocking tyres in the wet and should not even be sold. There are many other reviews as to how unsafe these tyres are in the wet and how they fail at cornering, they should be recalled as a road safety issue.
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2012
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v (185-60-14-H)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
These came with a set of used alloys, and I was prepared to be terrified. However, they are really not that bad. I have a pair on the front of the Punto, so they don't have to put very much power down! They are acceptably quiet and comfortable on terrible roads, they have acceptable levels of grip in the dry and in the wet weather we are having even on roundabouts. I have proxes cf1 on the back as it is a very light car and it needs grip. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised by the Nankangs, but probably not good for a car with a lot of power.
tyre reviewed on June 26, 2012
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 TS (185-65-15-H)
Absolutely the worst tyres I've ever had. Even in the dry they squeal like a banshee at the slightest provocation. In the wet they wheelspin at t-junctions (normal acceleration, not pushing it) and are extremely dangerous when cornering (understeer) unless you crawl around at 20 miles per hour. I would never recommend these tyres to anyone else.
tyre reviewed on June 19, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: