Nokian W+

The Nokian W Plus is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 101,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian W Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian W Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian W Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian W Plus Review

Given 40% while driving a SEAT Cordoba Vario 1.4MPI 60HP (165/70 R13) on mostly town for 3,500 easy going miles
I experience a lot of under steering with this tires. This winter we didn`t have a lot of snow here in Bulgaria. You probably know when it is foggy outside how the roads get wet. On this wet roads those tires are pure garbage.
Last weekend I almost hit a tree while cornering with less than 40 km/h. The temperature was 9 degrees C , so it was not icy.
Would not recommend even to my worst enemy!
13 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2014

Latest Nokian W Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian W Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the W Plus.

Given 70% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector 1.8 (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
It's my first time every driving in snow, bought a car with these already on so I gave it a chance. Well in sweden we got a lot of snow and ice, I don't feel comfort at all in the snow-muddy curves or on straight lines because u feel the tires lose its grip on mud. One day I came behind a snow plow truck and went uphill, when the plower drove off and I could gas up a little - the f*cking tires wouldn't get a grip so my fiance had to push the car up until I got a grip on the road.. I know I drove a bit slow up but still . Well maybe I need other tires or maybe it's normal when it's a lot of snow, I have to experience more winters with different tires to know. But when the road is dry I do feel a real comfort and safety in the tires because then you really feel the grip on the road, just a bit noisy on the highway but maybe just my car :-) and it's not the pattern that is bad, actually the look brand new.
Saab 9-3 2008
1 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 74% while driving a Volvo S40 (195/60 R15) on mostly town for 4,000 easy going miles
Previously had Nokian WR for four winter seasons and they were excellent. Last autumn bought W+ since they were significantly cheaper. Unfortunately, the difference is also significant. In wet conditions traction on W+ is poor, and they just don't give you enough confidence for driving in winter conditions. In snow they were good, but not excellent. (Not that it should matter a lot, tyres were made in Russia - something I noticed after I bought them.)
0 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2015
Given 81% while driving a Opel Astra H GTC (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I've had these tyres for almost a season during which I took a trip to Austria and I gotta say, the tyres performed very well in snow/ice conditions. I didn't pushed them to the limit in the wet, but the overall feedback was ok.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2015
Given 89% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 32,000 average miles
I've just removed these tyres after using them for the fourth winter in succession - they are a great winter tyre that doesn't fall away in performance when the ambient temperature rises. I've been just as happy this winter with its warm wet weather (and recent dry spell) as in previous winters where freezing temps and snow was more common in the Brecon Beacons. I've now completed over 32k miles in total on them and they still show 4mm of tread - maybe not ideal for another extreme winter but I'll refit them come November for the added security the compound and tread pattern give on greasy leave strewn roads and frosty mornings. My fuel economy is consistently 10% better on these tyres than my normal (wider) summer wheel set so they've probably paid for themselves in fuel savings, never mind the reduced wear on the more expensive summer performance tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2014