Nokian i3

The Nokian i3 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 49,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian i3
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian i3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian i3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian i3 Review

Given 86% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
I've used 2 sets of Continental winter and summer tyres. One set of Nokian winter tyres and now I have these Nokian i3 summer tyres. They are good for my aggressive style of driving. Today I drove these tyres at -2 celsius at snow so everything was well and smooth - no problems.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2012

Latest Nokian i3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian i3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the i3.

Given 64% while driving a Nissan Maxima (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Bought these tires with great expectation as I heard they were quite good at a reasonable price ($800 for a set of 4). Overall, I was quite happy with the tires. They had good grip in dry conditions and really good grip in wet. They were fairly quiet and very comfortable. The 225/50R/17 (V-rated) had a nice profile and tread. The only issue I had with them was not tread wear but rather with the construction. I have a set of dedicated winter tires on separate rims that I switched over each year. Even with this, after 2-and-a-half seasons one of my i3 tires developed a sidewall bulge and had to be replaced. Just a few months later, belts snapped in two of the other tires! The resulting vibration and noise were horrendous and I ended up having to replace a front tire rod and rear bearing because of it. I'm not an overly aggressive driver and these tires should have lasted a lot longer than they did. I got less than 70% of the expected life out of them before they gave out. Because of that, I wouldn't buy them again. I switched to Yokahama tires.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2013
Given 54% while driving a Suzuki (155/70 R13) on mostly town for 20,000 spirited miles
I am using it for 2 years now in continental weather, from april to october. The wear is heavy, according to the markings. On dry surface the grip is moderate. On wet, it has no grip at all when You're accelerating or breaking. In the bends, it is ok if You are careful.
When I bough it, I felt this was a bit weaker than I expected, but I had no serious problems with it. As for the second year it got totally unpredictable. A huge disappointment for me. Please bear in mind that the tyre size I got, is rather slim, and with wider sizes these problems might not occur.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2012
1 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2012
Given 34% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
First summer everything was OK, I drove 15000km on it. Next summer it started to slid during accelerating and braking as well. Now it is practically life-threatening. DO NOT BUY!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2011
Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (205/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Great in heavy rain, wearing really well
0 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2010