Pirelli Cinturato Winter

The Pirelli Cinturato Winter is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The new Pirelli Winter tyre is designed for the aftermarket and intended for medium-sized cars that cover high mileage: typical of commuting and professional use.

Its tread pattern and structure has been designed to provide safety and reliability in all conditions that characterise the winter months. Specifically, Pirelli’s engineers worked on ways to reduce braking distances: a mission that was accomplished thanks to the use of “Multiactive 4D Sipe” technology. This consists of directional sipes, whose form varies according to the driving requirements at the time. In other words, these sipes all line up in the same direction to maximise the effects of traction and braking on demand.

While braking on a snowy surface, for instance, the sipes become harder, enabling the tread pattern to become more compact and the car to stop within a shorter distance. But when the car is trying to gain traction, the sipes open up in order to capture more snow and find the necessary grip.

It’s a different story on wet surfaces, where the movement of the sipes as the car is driving heats up the tread compound, increasing grip. Traction is also maximised thanks to an increase in the density of the sipes. If all the sipes were laid end to end, they would form a line 40 metres long (the length of four buses). This is an increase of more than 50% compared to the principal reference tyre.

This tyre replaced the Pirelli Winter Snow Control Series 3

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 9,500 miles driven.

2018 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 13th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Dynamic sporty handling in the snow and wet, good steering precision.
  • Negative - Poor wear, low value, average dry grip.

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 175/65 R14 - 10th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good in the snow
  • Negative - Relatively weak in the dry and wet, high wear

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 14th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet and on snow
  • Negative - Weak in the dry
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli Cinturato Winter
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli Cinturato Winter. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Pirelli Cinturato Winter Review

Given 91% while driving a Toyota Prius III (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
About a month ago I fitted these winter tyre on my Prius. I was deciding between GoodYear Ultra Grip 9, Michelin Alpine 5 and these and in the end chose these as they came with a good price and the tyre dealership told me that they are really good tyres. With my mileage I should really be satisfied, plus I was also looking for a very good tyre in wet and on ice (most of the time in winter in our country, roads are wet and with possibility of black ice). I had the chance to drive these tyre in all possible weather scenarios, dry, wet and snow and they were great.
Maybe only downside is that they got a bit louder after first few hundred miles but luckily are not getting louder anymore. The fuel consumption is so so but then again, in winter car does need a bit more to warm up and to keep the passenger area warm. I will probably write another review after the winter, hopefully I will stay satisfied.
43 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2016

Latest Pirelli Cinturato Winter Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli Cinturato Winter tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Cinturato Winter.

Given 91% while driving a Toyota Yaris (185/60 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Used this tyres to drive from Czech Republic to Greece and back during winter period. Driving with them was a very pleasant experience. I encountered both dry and icy roads and the feedback was great.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2017
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Caddy (195/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Bought them a month ago. Ideal for the Greek winter !!!
3 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2016
43 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2016
Given 62% while driving a Toyota Prius III (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
These are my first Pirelli winter tires ever tried on my car, although I evaluated very good on other cars the Sottozero II series for its outstanding performance. In previous year I always adopted Dunlop Winter Response and I was fine with it, quite, very good handling and steering, only defect was the wear, quite short, therefore after purchased two times of them I wanted to try something different. Cinturato Winter was just out this year, and all the specs like noise and grip were even nicer than Dunlop tires, that's why I chosen them. Unfortunately they are everything than I expected, very noisy, with my car such aspect is amplified so much that sometime I think I'm driving a Wrangler with tarmac tires, with also an unexpected high fuel consumption, almost 20% more than the Dunlop. The handling is likewise annoying, I can't realize if such tires got a very soft side wall or it just has too much tread, if you steer energically you can clearly feel the tires need a telegram to start lay the necessary area to the asphalt, with a vacuum between your input and the action. I cannot say anything about wear as I just got them two weeks ago, and the only positive aspect so far is the grip which is nicer than Dunlop, also the lose of the grip is smooth and progressive. In conclusion? If nothing changes in other thousand miles I'll change them with my old friend Dunlop.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2016