Primewell VALERA TOURING

Progressiveness 35%
Primewell VALERA TOURING

The Primewell VALERA TOURING is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 46% over 85,300 miles driven.

Sorry, the Primewell VALERA TOURING hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Primewell VALERA TOURING
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Primewell VALERA TOURING. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Given 42% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Worst tires ever due to the road noise. Absolutely horrible and unbearable. I've driven 10,000 miles on them and they have not quieted down 1 bit. I never knew such a thing as road noise existed, now unfortunately I do. These tires are horrible and unbearable on ones hearing.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2016
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen 1.8T (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Worst tires I've ever owned. Horrible in the snow, worse in the rain. Spin with very little power applied in the dry. Horrible road noise.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2016
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Dodge Caravan (215/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought these tires for my MIL's 2005 Grand Caravan. She was on a budget and simply needed a better set. I'll admit, for the first 2k miles or so these things HOWLED. They were the loudest, worst tires I'd ever driven on. When she passed away, we got the van. Surprisingly the tires had quieted down...a LOT. Now that we've put 10k miles on them, they're no better or no worse than an average set of much more expensive wheels. I drove 3k miles on them within a week through rain, snow, ice and "hot" weather down south. They actually rode very well, handled fine and I had no issues whatsoever. As far as wear, I just went out and measured. The fronts are at 7/32nd's the rear 8. Pretty even across the tread as well.

So...for a "cheap" tire they're not bad. The caveat is that they WILL be noisy until they "wear" in which will take a couple thousand miles. After that...no problems, I'd buy them again if under the same budget constraints.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2016
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Quattro 220 bhp TFSI (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Was looking for an inexpensive all-season tire and found these (Primewell Valera Touring 2) on the tires plus website. My previous tires were worn basically bald and one was flat so I was driving on the spare...I was in a hurry to get a new set. I read reviews about them being very very loud and having problems with road vibration. The price was right though and they had the size i needed so I purchased them. I think they are great tires! Can't comment on how well they wear or go through snow yet because I only have about 1,000 miles on them. They are extremely quite and very smooth on my A4 Quattro. Much quieter than my previous set that cost twice as much (Nokian wrg3). Again I don't know about snow yet but i travel alot on gravel roads and they do just fine. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews or if its because I have the valera touring 2,or if they work particularly well on an all wheel drive car, but I would not hesitate to recommend these tires to anyone looking for a inexpensive all-season tire
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2015
Driving a Mazda (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
My dad had some tires put on my Mazda MPV Van while I was on vacation. One thing I always loved about my MVP was the comfortable smooth ride. He put on these Primewell Valera Touring Bl 215/60R16 tires. They are so loud and rough. My car sounds like an old Jalopy now. Parts of my car make vibrating noise that never did before. When I lay my glasses on the middle console of my front seat, they make a vibrating noise. When I drive over streets that have seams or have been repaired, it sounds like I am driving over railroad ties in a train car. My 14 year old daughter says it is like pushing one of those carts at the grocery store that has a bad wheel. They actually give me a headache. I am taking them back tomorrow, they are from Firestone. They also did an alignment, so that can't be the problem. Can't stand these. They were cheap, $335 on sale for 4. It isn't worth getting headaches and listening to jiggling noises every day. I believe I previously had Tiger Paws, I will see if I can get those again. I don't even think I could sell my car with these tires on it. I feel like I am in Fred Flintstone's mobile.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic (175/70 R13 H) on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
I bought a set from Tires Plus. I don't think road noise is a factor. I drive a civic so it's by no means a luxury car. It does ride nice, but they're pretty bad in wet conditions. I spin tires in the rain. So like others with this tire have said I compensate by changing my driving habits. I don't take hard turns in wet conditions. I take extra precautions when making turns. You will occasionally hydroplane as well. Driving in the snow is not an optional. Simply put don't do it. I had the pleasure of driving in the snow with them on several occasions and it is a horrible/scary experience. I got stuck on the smallest patch of ice. If you don't have to worry about snow then these are an affordable tire.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I just bought these tires yesterday. In all my years of buying tires these are the loudest ever. It sounds like when a great big semi truck goes speeding by you. When you start to slow down it sounds like an airplane coming into a landing. On a tight budget, think twice. I wish I would have researched them first. Only 40 miles on them, OMG!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Cavalier (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Its clear you get what you pay for and these tires are no different. I think road noise is excessive but for me I paid $42.49 per tire for size 195/65/15 I live with the noise. The other factor is these are not the best is wet traction by any means. For the price it works, for the safely or your wife of kids it does not. I understand how the tire handles and account for that, but for those who just know its a tire on the care spend the extra money get a quality tire and know your family is safe. No exceptions
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Odyssey (225/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
The worst tire, NEVER NEVER BUY AGAIN!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
I bought these tires last fall on recommendation of Tires Plus salesperson. I have been very unhappy with them! Road noise is extremely loud, car spins on damp, misty roads and is all over the road on snow, ice - I'm afraid to drive on them again this winter. Would not buy them again! This experience has taught me to do my own investigation before buying tires again, so much for trusting a sales rep who should be up on his products.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2014