Primewell VALERA TOURING

Progressiveness 35%
Primewell VALERA TOURING

The Primewell VALERA TOURING is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 49% over 175,190 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Primewell VALERA TOURING
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Primewell VALERA TOURING
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Primewell VALERA TOURING. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Mazda (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
My dad had some tires put on my Mazda MPV Van while I was on vacation. One thing I always loved about my MVP was the comfortable smooth ride. He put on these Primewell Valera Touring Bl 215/60R16 tires. They are so loud and rough. My car sounds like an old Jalopy now. Parts of my car make vibrating noise that never did before. When I lay my glasses on the middle console of my front seat, they make a vibrating noise. When I drive over streets that have seams or have been repaired, it sounds like I am driving over railroad ties in a train car. My 14 year old daughter says it is like pushing one of those carts at the grocery store that has a bad wheel. They actually give me a headache. I am taking them back tomorrow, they are from Firestone. They also did an alignment, so that can't be the problem. Can't stand these. They were cheap, $335 on sale for 4. It isn't worth getting headaches and listening to jiggling noises every day. I believe I previously had Tiger Paws, I will see if I can get those again. I don't even think I could sell my car with these tires on it. I feel like I am in Fred Flintstone's mobile.
3 | - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2015
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Dodge Caravan (215/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought these tires for my MIL's 2005 Grand Caravan. She was on a budget and simply needed a better set. I'll admit, for the first 2k miles or so these things HOWLED. They were the loudest, worst tires I'd ever driven on. When she passed away, we got the van. Surprisingly the tires had quieted down...a LOT. Now that we've put 10k miles on them, they're no better or no worse than an average set of much more expensive wheels. I drove 3k miles on them within a week through rain, snow, ice and "hot" weather down south. They actually rode very well, handled fine and I had no issues whatsoever. As far as wear, I just went out and measured. The fronts are at 7/32nd's the rear 8. Pretty even across the tread as well.

So...for a "cheap" tire they're not bad. The caveat is that they WILL be noisy until they "wear" in which will take a couple thousand miles. After that...no problems, I'd buy them again if under the same budget constraints.
2 | - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2016
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet 2002 impala (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
jThis is a good tire but road noise is unsatisfactoy and annoying.
1 | - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2012

Latest Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Camry (205/65 R15) on mostly town for 20,000 spirited miles
bought these tires after an extensive search both on the internet and major tire shops. So far the tire is just as good if not better than a tire of equal value. Discount tire basically sells either a cheap tire or expensive. They have zero selection in certain sizes that force customers to spend big dollars on their expensive brands. The Primewell Touring II has been, super quiet on the road, and overall sturdy. Cost was $53.00 per tire. It's true you get what you pay for in anything in life. The Michelin Defenders lasted 29K and then showed major sidewall rot. Those were close to $110 per tire. The folks complaining about road noise probably purchased the cheapest Primewell they had..Pay a tad more and stop complaining. Thats what happens when you pay $38 dollars per tire.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2016
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (175/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
these Valero tires from primewell get me 40 mpg from my corolla but they do ride a little noisy. if you are fussy and complain about these tires spend more money and buy something else.do not blame the tires they are an economy line of tire from china u get what you paid for. I am a cheapskate too but I am not fussy. I got 20000 miles on them now. a little noisy but tread is wearing good no problems. I drive 70 miles a day in my corolla complain orbuy another brand or talk to a tire man who knows. these are good decent tires I paid cash for and I am happy. would buy again. good luck. do not be too picky I say. check tire pressure monthly about 33 lbs. is about right;
1 | - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2016
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 69,890 average miles
These tires seem okay. I just bought my car and the tires it had was HORRIBLE. These tires are much better, we shall see later in the future. It's been 120 miles now.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2016
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
I just got rid of my Firestone Primwell Valera touring tires with just 10K miles. Rough ride and noise at high speeds was just more than I could stand. New set of Coopers and all is quiet and smooth riding. Went back to Firestone and they were not the least bit interested in my tire problem I've been with Firestone for years but no more, I shredded my Firestone Card. The noise and rough ride were the only negative aspects of this tire. Since I only drove 10 K miles on them I cannot judge any of it's other attributes.
1 | - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2016
Given 42% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Worst tires ever due to the road noise. Absolutely horrible and unbearable. I've driven 10,000 miles on them and they have not quieted down 1 bit. I never knew such a thing as road noise existed, now unfortunately I do. These tires are horrible and unbearable on ones hearing.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2016