Primewell VALERA TOURING

Show all: Primewell tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Primewell VALERA TOURING is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 44% over 47,300 miles driven.

Primewell VALERA TOURING

52%

40%

27%

Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 average miles
My dad had some tires put on my Mazda MPV Van while I was on vacation. One thing I always loved about my MVP was the comfortable smooth ride. He put on these Primewell Valera Touring Bl 215/60R16 tires. They are so loud and rough. My car sounds like an old Jalopy now. Parts of my car make vibrating noise that never did before. When I lay my glasses on the middle console of my front seat, they make a vibrating noise. When I drive over streets that have seams or have been repaired, it sounds like I am driving over railroad ties in a train car. My 14 year old daughter says it is like pushing one of those carts at the grocery store that has a bad wheel. They actually give me a headache. I am taking them back tomorrow, they are from Firestone. They also did an alignment, so that can't be the problem. Can't stand these. They were cheap, $335 on sale for 4. It isn't worth getting headaches and listening to jiggling noises every day. I believe I previously had Tiger Paws, I will see if I can get those again. I don't even think I could sell my car with these tires on it. I feel like I am in Fred Flintstone's mobile.
tyre reviewed on July 5, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic (175-70-13-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
I bought a set from Tires Plus. I don't think road noise is a factor. I drive a civic so it's by no means a luxury car. It does ride nice, but they're pretty bad in wet conditions. I spin tires in the rain. So like others with this tire have said I compensate by changing my driving habits. I don't take hard turns in wet conditions. I take extra precautions when making turns. You will occasionally hydroplane as well. Driving in the snow is not an optional. Simply put don't do it. I had the pleasure of driving in the snow with them on several occasions and it is a horrible/scary experience. I got stuck on the smallest patch of ice. If you don't have to worry about snow then these are an affordable tire.
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2015
Looking to buy the Primewell VALERA TOURING? Click here to search for the best price for the Primewell VALERA TOURING or any other tyre.

Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I just bought these tires yesterday. In all my years of buying tires these are the loudest ever. It sounds like when a great big semi truck goes speeding by you. When you start to slow down it sounds like an airplane coming into a landing. On a tight budget, think twice. I wish I would have researched them first. Only 40 miles on them, OMG!
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Cavalier (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Its clear you get what you pay for and these tires are no different. I think road noise is excessive but for me I paid $42.49 per tire for size 195/65/15 I live with the noise. The other factor is these are not the best is wet traction by any means. For the price it works, for the safely or your wife of kids it does not. I understand how the tire handles and account for that, but for those who just know its a tire on the care spend the extra money get a quality tire and know your family is safe. No exceptions
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Odyssey (225-60-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
The worst tire, NEVER NEVER BUY AGAIN!
tyre reviewed on December 29, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195-65-15-)
Driving on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
I bought these tires last fall on recommendation of Tires Plus salesperson. I have been very unhappy with them! Road noise is extremely loud, car spins on damp, misty roads and is all over the road on snow, ice - I'm afraid to drive on them again this winter. Would not buy them again! This experience has taught me to do my own investigation before buying tires again, so much for trusting a sales rep who should be up on his products.
tyre reviewed on November 9, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Camry (215-60-16-H)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Just replaced all the four tiers of my Toyota Camry with Primewell Valera Touring tires. I read some reviews on this website complaining about the road noise. It turned out to be nothing like that. They are more comfortable and quiet than my old set of higher-end tires. Can't comment on the wear and grip yet. But, as far as the ride is concerned, I am very satisfied.
tyre reviewed on May 24, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Odyssey (225-60-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Extremely noisy, I have had these tires for 10k miles. I cant stand the noise.
tyre reviewed on February 17, 2014
Given 45% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC70 D5 (215-65-16-H)
Driving on mostly town for 200 average miles
We recently tried these for the first time on a 2005 volvo xc70. Immediately after the dealer replaced with Primewell Valera Touring tires we noticed excessive road noise and slight vibration. This was enough to make us take it back to the dealer to recheck the balancing which was fine. Handling seems good but road noise and vibration are too high.
tyre reviewed on November 4, 2013
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet 2002 impala (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
jThis is a good tire but road noise is unsatisfactoy and annoying.
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: