Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 68 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 309,107 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

65%

89%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (205-50-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought for Scottish/winter/rain tyre to the front axle of my classic Scooby. Dry/wet tractition is amazing, braking always accurate, couldn't really make it slip. Tried on snow, acceptable, anyway its not a winter tyre. Downside is the soft sidewall, as my suspension is upgraded a bit this is the only jelly in the system, especially above 60 mph it makes precise cornering really difficult.
Keeping your family safe: it is the best choice on wet. But for a sporty car it ruins joy factor greatly. A bit disappointing, won't buy again for this kind of car.
Hope rainsport 4 will get 2 extra sidewall layers to improve this amazingly grippy unique tyre!
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Living on a wet island on the edge of western Europe, Ireland gets alot of rain, so I said I'd go for something with decent wet grip. At the time, fuel hadn't started to drop in price so the rolling resistance was a factor too. Up popped Uniroyal Rainsport 3's (245/40/18 97Y). Popped two onto the front of my car (A 2.0 TDI Audi A4). They are AMAZING in wet conditions, and pretty decent in dry if I'm honest, but I now find myself having to replace them after around 8000kms. I'm not a boy racer so could not understand how they wore so quickly. It's pretty ridiculous if I'm honest. Should have read the wear reviews on this site... I would NOT recommend these, unless you live in a lake and only drive to the shops once a week!
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Sierra Sapphire (215-40-17-)
awsome tyre, have this on 400hp rwd cossie, they are noisy but SO comfy, I run track spec coilovers on the road with solid alloy "bushes" so comfort helps ha ha, I think wear is not a consideration, just buy some more they are not expensive after all, these do not tramline unlike most others I have used yoki esp, would I buy again ?, no need, despite mine being new, there are two brand new ones sat in my garage for when needed!!
tyre reviewed on January 11, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (215-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 40 spirited miles
Okguys only 40 miles covered so far so early days. Bought purely for wet/cold roads & spirtited use.
REview :- Roads cold/wet/muddy/plus a few puddles but no torrential rain yet. Dry grip (in winter) very good, & excellent lateral grip. I'm running XL version,plus 40 profile and a bit of extra front pressure ( 2.8 bar front, 2.3 bar rear), so turns in well. Noise is lowish, comfort ok too . Probably won't last as long as other tyres but I want grip . Carves through puddles like a knife and very confidence inspiring ..almost with Dunlop Racing Wet performance! Standing on the brakes on wet roads I can still get abs to cut in but much less than say Contisport 3's. Flooring it in first/second traction control still cuts in but less than before...In summary I'll run these in winter and a set of Yokohama AD08R in summer...simple....Regards Roland GT Tuning Ltd
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza Cupra 20VT (215-45-17-V)
I now run these on both my cars and can say they have been perfect over the winter so far. I had these on one of my previous car and ever since tell myself these are the best tyres around.
The grip in the wet is god like comparing to any other tyre in the wet, nothing compares, its not like you are even driving on a wet surface!
The Dry grip is just as good, but they do get hot quickly, so spanking it around a track will cause them to start melting away!
They don't last a huge amount of time and grip does start go downhill with the tread, but don't let this put you off.
Overall, awesome tyes, currently have bought 10 in total now.
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195-50-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
The best tyre i have ever use
tyre reviewed on December 20, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZR (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Really very impressed with these tyres. I get through a great many tyres and all three of my vehicles have different boots on them. They will all be having these very soon. The ZR has these all round and it creates a joyous drive. Have previously had kuhmo ku39's and falken ze914 on the ZR as well as awful budget tyres when i purchased it and these out perform all. Wet grip is frankly outstanding, they suffer from no tramlining and have a very stable ride. They do have a hint of hesitation on turn in which i have put down the the softness of the tyre. One must be sure to regularly check the pressures for these as they appear to be very susceptable to excessive wear through overpressure. through testing i have found that they heat up quicker than most other tyres on the marked therefore run at a higher pressure in use leading to increased wearing over the central 3/4 of the tyre. So in the warmer months consider droping them by a couple of psi.

i dive like a hooligan and after 2500 miles the fronts are showing 6mm, i am happy with this.

Happy driving all.
tyre reviewed on December 14, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (245-40-19-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I have used RS 2's previously so I was keen to get the RS 3's on just about as soon as they came out. Everything already said about wet grip etc is true, so I wont repeat what you have already read.

What I have noticed is much reduced road noise, the RS 2's used to get very noisy as they neared replacement. Wear was initially alarming but as the tread depth reduced, grip improved and wear stabilised. I'll be changing the set of 4 after 20K miles, I used to only get 16K at best.

I just hope Camskill get some stock before I'm forced to replace with something else.
tyre reviewed on December 12, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Maximum stability on wet, even coils, but after 3000 km, sporty drive on winding road wear is greater than 50%. 99% satisfied about safety, but about 40% satisfied about wear
tyre reviewed on November 18, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: