Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 101 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 520,907 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330i M SPORT SALOON (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Grip in the dry is very good, enough grip to really push the car hard, but also loose enough so as to feel loose enough to have fun (ie easily get the back end out) this is perfect for me but some of my track day grip junkie friends don't like this.
Wet grip is just outstanding, standing water is no drama, only thing that catches it out is grease but that's just a given.
Road feedback is ok but these are a soft tyre, so where you do feel some tyre roll and squash in hard dry corners this is made up for in comfort. IMO it's an acceptable compromise on a road car in the UK.
The way these tyres reach their limit and pass it brilliant and so predictable, very confidence inspiring, and also a poor influence on you tempted you to kick that back end out more and more!
Wear is what lets these tyres down sadly, fronts are fine plenty of life, but the tears have worn out after 6000 miles. These were hard miles with lots of launches and skids, but other tyres with similar treatment have faired much better, for the price however I am still very satisfied and don't feel out of pocket in the slightest.
As mentioned before comfort is brilliant soaking up bumps with ease, and as a side note absorbed a rather strong impact with a curb after some SnapBack on a greasy corner slide (driver error) with no bulging or tears and protected the wheel well.
I would definitely buy again, admittedly not for my next tyres alas I want to try something new purely for curiosity!!! Fitted to an e46 330i on ac schnitzer racing suspension in 225/45r17 front 245/40r17 rear on 8.5j wheels with et43 offset.
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-40-18-W)
Soft compound and soft side walls makes this RS3 ok in dry and a razorblade in wet conditions. Comfortable, absorbs really well roads imperfections. Noise is low.
Despite his name "Sport" doesn't have much of sportiveness on the dry, because the side walls are soft, this makes the car understeer easily, compared with previous Falken Azenis 453, but in a really predictable way.
Really good traction.
On the wet is a monster, impressive traction and handling.
Only did 3k miles, wear seems ok. Noticed 1mm/2.5k miles wear on the FWD
The side rim protection is a joke.
Really good price/performance.
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 14,000 easy going miles
The tires are awesome on a good car they behave at heavy raining like the road would be completely dry id recommend it to everyone with a 4x4 and likes some sports driving.
tyre reviewed on September 22, 2015
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
Generally satisfied until became noisy due to uneven wear in inside fear wear on inner shoulder - not tracking related either. General wear I. Gentle driving should see 40,000 at current wear rate but sure inside will be shot well before then, disappointed and will look elsewhere when these go and my older rain sport 2s expire on the front,
tyre reviewed on September 18, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 (225-45-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi GTO (255-35-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I originally had on the car a set of cheap Accelera PHI tyres which surprised me because the tread pattern looked great and the level of grip in both wet and dry conditions were good.When i developed punctures to both these tyres i decided to replace them on recommendation by the tyre shop with Uniroyals RS3. After these tyres were fitted on the vehicle i decided the following day to test the handling on a stretch of road i frequently drive on. It just so happened that it was raining and the road was wet but given the fact the Uniroyal RS3 are wet weather tyres i thought it would not be a problem and decided to put them through their paces. To my utter dismay driving along this twisty road i can honestly say that in the 5 years of ownership of my vehicle the back end of the car has never been such a mess. It was as if my suspension had turned to jelly and felt wobbly and unhinged. After stopping safely and examining the car for defect i carried on with my journey and as i approached an island at the top of the road the back end began to slide midway through exiting. To summarise i would say that my car has permanent 4wd and 4ws as well as Tein Street flex suspension which is approx 4 months old.I would highly stress to anyone thinking of buying these tyres to do some research first, or you run the risk of becoming unstuck when you need it. I most.I certainly will not be buying these tyres again and will revert back to Hankook V12 EVO tyres as in my humble opinion offer great value for money and more important excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions.
tyre reviewed on August 27, 2015
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-17-)
Previously had rainsport 1 and 2 which were good tyres. The wear rate on this tyre was shocking. Rear tyres had worn below legal limit in around 7000 miles. This has never happened with any other tyres i have owned. I complained to uniroyal with no response. Will not buy Uniroyal again after this. Changed to Michelin Crossclimate which feels much better in all conditions so far.
tyre reviewed on August 9, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330D Touring (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
A very good tyre, loads of dry grip and the best wet grip of any tyre I've used before. I'm surprised on how quickly they've worn away. I do drive quickly and have a heavy right foot. If you want excellent grip then buy this tyre but don't expect it to wear well. Shame really cause the wet grip is impressive.
tyre reviewed on July 30, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 116d (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
I did an expensive mistake by buying these tyres. I put it on my BMW 116d and I have the ESP going on everytime I'm taking a curve a little bit quicker.

So I have to use my 10.000 km BMW as a 30 years old van when cornering !!! Uniroyal just told me that no special issue is reported on this tyre. The shop where I bought those told me they had many complaints when on rear axle drive car but cannot replace it for free.
tyre reviewed on July 28, 2015
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a MG MGTF (205-50-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
Fitted to replace worn Kumhos on an MGTF,
Wanted good wet grip tyres the result.
Shocking! car came a wobbly mess they even let go on a bend I used to take a lot quicker with the kumhos.
Car is wobbling about when you get over 60. very dangerous, I have emailled Uniroyal twice but they haven't responded. I have changed the tyre pressure but nothing has improved matters an expensive mistake do not buy!
tyre reviewed on July 20, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: