Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 88 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 413,407 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

66%

86%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
This was the worst tires I had. Drove for two weeks and I had to take them off.Money wasted.
I have put two new Uniroyals RS3 on the rear of my Audi A6 3.0tdi on the front I had Michellin PS2. The car was sloppy, dangerous to drive and each corner felt like jelly. They were fine up to 60mph nothing more. I have called Uniroyal & they said Audi recommend have all 4 tires the same, its Audi but what Uniroyal recommend? Advisor said change the rear to front which I have done it. No diffrence, car understeering. They said they didnt have any issues like I do before so I started some resaerch on web. Couple of negative comments about car being sloppy in uk, than I tried europe forums & I have been shocked. There was a lot...
Dont get me wrong they might be ok to drive in Fiesta around the town but not for a bigger, heavier and more powerfull cars. I have been afraid to try them on at my trip through Germany so after two weeks from new I just rid of them. They are Dangerous. Never buy them again and not recommend to anyone.
tyre reviewed on June 28, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI QUATTRO SLINE 170bhp (225-40-18-W)
Fantastic tyres, I ran them on my A3 for just over a year before the fronts needed changing. I drive a lot on A/B and motorway, it handled all very well, though a little noisy, especially as they got low on tred.

Dry grip was equal to the Goodyear A/S 2's I had on before as was wet grip.
The stand out part of this tyre was it's ability to clear standing water though. Even when nearing the limit, going through a deep puddle resulted in a parting of the waves effect. Car stayed straight and true, no pulling until you hit an especially deep pudle, even then there was very little pulling.

I would buy these tyres again witout thinking, and 20K was pretty good milage for a torquey diesel, I didn't even swap them round.

Traction in the winter was also good, but quattro probably had a part to play in that, so I would still suggest a set of winter tryers for the colder months - I was just lazy last year. The RS3's coped just fine though.
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d touring (205-50-16-V)
Someone else on here had the same problem with the Rainsport 2'sin combination with RS3's. Same thing happened to me. I had to replace the rear RS2's with RS3's. I soon realised that the rear tyres were trying to steer and this became quite dangerous at motorway speeds; actually causing me to stop to check for a rear puncture. Replaced the fronts with RS3's and it is now a fantastic drive.

Beware! On BMW's don't mix RS2's with RS3's. Replace them all.
tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225-45-17-W)
The tyres are really good on grip no matter what weather or road condition. Driven on 1.9tdi chipped 135hp golf mk5, they lasted me... 10000km! It's only the front tyres, the rear one got some meat left. But front ones, dry to the bone. Won't buy them again, just for the wear. Who has the money to buy them every few months (depending on the driving) - go ahead.
tyre reviewed on May 31, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Mazda 3 2004(BK) hatchback 1.6i (205-55-16-V)
for the price very good tyre.. comparable or maybe even better than "premium brands"
tyre reviewed on April 28, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (215-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Excellent tyres!
tyre reviewed on April 22, 2015
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E90 330i (225-45-17-)
Put brand new 255/35/18 uniroyal Rainsport 3 on the rear of a BMW e90 330 i and the handling at speeds above 65 mph was basically dangerous and felt like the back was arguing with the front. When braking hard at speed the car would pull to one side badly. Running directional tyres on the front which apparently don't work with the uniroyal rainsport 3. I put my 225/40/18 fronts on the back and the uniroyal rainsport 3 on the front and the problem went away. Problem is this is not a permanent fix. Beware of buying rainsport 3 tyres if only bought as a pair and fitted with directional tyres. Uniroyal should worn buyers but won't, so I am.
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Impressed with these tyres, offered excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions on Aroads and over 3 track days. Even after some hard usage, including extreme track conditions after 6000 miles they still had over 6mm of tread. The only mild criticism I have is that the sidewalls are quite flexible even on the XL tyre so to counter this I upped the pressure slightly. Otherwise outstanding performance for the price. So much so I also have them fitted to my Z3 2.8!
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (255-55-19-W)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
I've fitted these Uniroyal Rainsport 3 SUV after lot of days comparing all the possible reviews on the web, I also wrote to Uniroyal to ask more information about that. Well what to say, I can't be happier with my choice, these tires are simply amazing for a 2 tons and more size car like Range Rover Sport. I previously had fitted the Goodyear Wrangler F1 m+s, so loud, hard compound, they squeal at very low speed in all condition. Crap tires that fortunately is not produce anymore, btw these Uniroyal have beaten all my expectations. In dry road they ride smooth, no squeal, tons of grip and fast response, and this was the condition that was worried me. In the wet they are perfect as dry, so no complain at all. It seems talking to uniroyal that the compound is the same black chili used for continental, with a more wet pattern oriented design. I had to post the review in the no Suv categories because tyrereviews has not update the Uniroyal SUV field with the Rainsport 3. Wear seems pretty good after not too many miles, and the price is definely unbeatable. If you want a smooth rider with some of spirited drive (for the spirited drive you can have with a range rover I mean) these are the perfect shoes, so you can be safe in the wet and practically all the year round!
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 4 Door (2008) (215-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Great tyres - replaced the factory Yoko Advans with these at the rear, so happy with them I paid out to replace the half-worn budget brand fronts too. Great in the dry, great in the wet, and getting about 2-3mpg average better. Much quieter than the old tyres too.
tyre reviewed on March 31, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: