Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 108 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 557,307 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Had these fitted to my ford Mondeo ST tdci(not so stock)for over a year and have not had a problem with these tyres
I can stop as good in the wet as i can in the dry noise & comfort all good
Would definitely buy again
Also got them fitted to my sons ford fiesta
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2015
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (235-40-18-V)
Rubbish on front of 08 2.0 tdci
tyre reviewed on November 16, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Coupe 2.0L (225-45-17-)
hi ive had these on my hyundai coupe 2.0 in 205/55/r16 and they have decent grip in dry and wet weather, however one massive down point is how soft the sidewalls are. i can actually feel the tyre deforming when turning quickly and it feels like the back end is swinging but the tyres dont lose grip when i do through it around.
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2015
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 D3 (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10,800 easy going miles
Having driven on Rainsport 2s for a couple of years I was rather impressed by them and assumed that the Rainsport 3s would be an improvement. But what a disappointment. Overall they were as good, in wet and dry breaking, as the tyres they replaced. However I found they had a negative effect on fuel consumption, and were much noisier.
However, the biggest failing of these tyres, is their rate of wear. I am not a fast driver and seldom do I exceed the speed limit. I don't drive aggressively and I don't even turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary.
My car went for its service today and to my absolute astonishment, my garage suggested I might consider replacing my front tyres as there was only 2mm of tread thereon. I bought these tyres 12 months ago and have driven only 10,800 miles on them. So, bye bye Rainsport 3s.
Will I buy them again? NO WAY!
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 4 Door (2008) (215-45-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
These are great tyres for the wet and not bad atall in the dry. I have them on all four corners and are soley used for my 'winter' wheels due to more rainy days than snow. The wear as mentioned before could be better. I do push my car at roundabouts and fidn these tyres dont like changing direction quickly. That is due ot the soft walls. I decided I didnt want these on my 'sport' alloys for summer as the handling is too soft and make the body roll and sway even with a sorted chassis. Very quiet though and compfy. I wouldnt buy them again as their not fit for my purpose but all in a very good tyre. Just not for a sporty feel.
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 (Modified) (215-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,500 spirited miles
Overall these were very surprising tyres. Were much cheaper than the alternatives, yet provide the obvious very good wet grip but also good grip in the dry, as well as good feedback and a very quiet, comfortable ride. However, when pushed to the edge the boundary between grip and the loss of it is quite abrupt - there isn't really a gradual change as grip is lost.

The one big problem with these tyres however is lifespan. While I admit that I'm not the kindest to my tyres, I wasn't expecting the fronts to be down to 2.5-3mm after just 4500 miles, in a car only putting 143hp through the fronts. The rears are fairing better, with around 4.5-5mm left. The edges also wear much quicker, as the slightly squashy sidewalls mean you often end up rolling onto parts of the tyre not designed for use in high speed corners.
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (225-45-17-)
Great sport tyres for dry and wet.Holding great in cornering.Had rainsport 2 before them.RS3 even better.I would buy them again.
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330i M SPORT SALOON (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Grip in the dry is very good, enough grip to really push the car hard, but also loose enough so as to feel loose enough to have fun (ie easily get the back end out) this is perfect for me but some of my track day grip junkie friends don't like this.
Wet grip is just outstanding, standing water is no drama, only thing that catches it out is grease but that's just a given.
Road feedback is ok but these are a soft tyre, so where you do feel some tyre roll and squash in hard dry corners this is made up for in comfort. IMO it's an acceptable compromise on a road car in the UK.
The way these tyres reach their limit and pass it brilliant and so predictable, very confidence inspiring, and also a poor influence on you tempted you to kick that back end out more and more!
Wear is what lets these tyres down sadly, fronts are fine plenty of life, but the tears have worn out after 6000 miles. These were hard miles with lots of launches and skids, but other tyres with similar treatment have faired much better, for the price however I am still very satisfied and don't feel out of pocket in the slightest.
As mentioned before comfort is brilliant soaking up bumps with ease, and as a side note absorbed a rather strong impact with a curb after some SnapBack on a greasy corner slide (driver error) with no bulging or tears and protected the wheel well.
I would definitely buy again, admittedly not for my next tyres alas I want to try something new purely for curiosity!!! Fitted to an e46 330i on ac schnitzer racing suspension in 225/45r17 front 245/40r17 rear on 8.5j wheels with et43 offset.
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-40-18-W)
Soft compound and soft side walls makes this RS3 ok in dry and a razorblade in wet conditions. Comfortable, absorbs really well roads imperfections. Noise is low.
Despite his name "Sport" doesn't have much of sportiveness on the dry, because the side walls are soft, this makes the car understeer easily, compared with previous Falken Azenis 453, but in a really predictable way.
Really good traction.
On the wet is a monster, impressive traction and handling.
Only did 3k miles, wear seems ok. Noticed 1mm/2.5k miles wear on the FWD
The side rim protection is a joke.
Really good price/performance.
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 14,000 easy going miles
The tires are awesome on a good car they behave at heavy raining like the road would be completely dry id recommend it to everyone with a 4x4 and likes some sports driving.
tyre reviewed on September 22, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: