Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 94 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 465,807 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

85%

80%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330D Touring (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
A very good tyre, loads of dry grip and the best wet grip of any tyre I've used before. I'm surprised on how quickly they've worn away. I do drive quickly and have a heavy right foot. If you want excellent grip then buy this tyre but don't expect it to wear well. Shame really cause the wet grip is impressive.
tyre reviewed on July 30, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 116d (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
I did an expensive mistake by buying these tyres. I put it on my BMW 116d and I have the ESP going on everytime I'm taking a curve a little bit quicker.

So I have to use my 10.000 km BMW as a 30 years old van when cornering !!! Uniroyal just told me that no special issue is reported on this tyre. The shop where I bought those told me they had many complaints when on rear axle drive car but cannot replace it for free.
tyre reviewed on July 28, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a MG MGTF (205-50-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
Fitted to replace worn Kumhos on an MGTF,
Wanted good wet grip tyres the result.
Shocking! car came a wobbly mess they even let go on a bend I used to take a lot quicker with the kumhos.
Car is wobbling about when you get over 60. very dangerous, I have emailled Uniroyal twice but they haven't responded. I have changed the tyre pressure but nothing has improved matters an expensive mistake do not buy!
tyre reviewed on July 20, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta ST (205-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I put these on my car and was amazed with the difference they made in terms of dry grip. When the first rainfall came I was even more amazed at the fact these tyres grip better in the wet than the dry. Although I drive an 80 mile round trip to work on dual carriage ways and in terms of how long they last were a bit disappointing. Having doing a couple of weeks to and from work the wear stands out like a sore thumb on the tyre, they lasted me about 4 months covering around 5000 miles.
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (225-45-17-)
I've got a old ford puma which handled like dream with the rainsport 2's putting many new cars to the sword on the twisty's!
The rainsport 3's are even better with less tyre roll than the old RS2's which makes the puma stick to road even better with lots of feedback and control, grip in the wet gives you enough confidence to floor it as if it were dry. I do still think they compliment a medium/small car than a heavier model as you could experience tyre roll the heavier you go, but for the sporty hatches they are a bargin found 195/50/15 V for £38.35 fitted!!
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Good performance considering the price, but compared to the Rainsport 2 these tyres wear horribly and unevenly. The assymetrical design seems compromised by utilising the directional v shaped pattern carried over from the rainsport 2. How can it possibly work when running on the side of the car where the v shaped pattern is running in reverse? Who knows. But the real issue is the wear. The non-v-shaped pattern had all but worn off my front tyres in around 4000 miles. So literally after just 4 months of use on the front of my Astra, I was having to think about changing them again. Aaaargh! Not a cheap tyre either, so keeping up with a new set of fronts every 4 months makes them prohibitively expensive. Rainsport 2's seem like a better option - if you can find them.
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
This was the worst tires I had. Drove for two weeks and I had to take them off.Money wasted.
I have put two new Uniroyals RS3 on the rear of my Audi A6 3.0tdi on the front I had Michellin PS2. The car was sloppy, dangerous to drive and each corner felt like jelly. They were fine up to 60mph nothing more. I have called Uniroyal & they said Audi recommend have all 4 tires the same, its Audi but what Uniroyal recommend? Advisor said change the rear to front which I have done it. No diffrence, car understeering. They said they didnt have any issues like I do before so I started some resaerch on web. Couple of negative comments about car being sloppy in uk, than I tried europe forums & I have been shocked. There was a lot...
Dont get me wrong they might be ok to drive in Fiesta around the town but not for a bigger, heavier and more powerfull cars. I have been afraid to try them on at my trip through Germany so after two weeks from new I just rid of them. They are Dangerous. Never buy them again and not recommend to anyone.
tyre reviewed on June 28, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI QUATTRO SLINE 170bhp (225-40-18-W)
Fantastic tyres, I ran them on my A3 for just over a year before the fronts needed changing. I drive a lot on A/B and motorway, it handled all very well, though a little noisy, especially as they got low on tred.

Dry grip was equal to the Goodyear A/S 2's I had on before as was wet grip.
The stand out part of this tyre was it's ability to clear standing water though. Even when nearing the limit, going through a deep puddle resulted in a parting of the waves effect. Car stayed straight and true, no pulling until you hit an especially deep pudle, even then there was very little pulling.

I would buy these tyres again witout thinking, and 20K was pretty good milage for a torquey diesel, I didn't even swap them round.

Traction in the winter was also good, but quattro probably had a part to play in that, so I would still suggest a set of winter tryers for the colder months - I was just lazy last year. The RS3's coped just fine though.
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d touring (205-50-16-V)
Someone else on here had the same problem with the Rainsport 2'sin combination with RS3's. Same thing happened to me. I had to replace the rear RS2's with RS3's. I soon realised that the rear tyres were trying to steer and this became quite dangerous at motorway speeds; actually causing me to stop to check for a rear puncture. Replaced the fronts with RS3's and it is now a fantastic drive.

Beware! On BMW's don't mix RS2's with RS3's. Replace them all.
tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225-45-17-W)
The tyres are really good on grip no matter what weather or road condition. Driven on 1.9tdi chipped 135hp golf mk5, they lasted me... 10000km! It's only the front tyres, the rear one got some meat left. But front ones, dry to the bone. Won't buy them again, just for the wear. Who has the money to buy them every few months (depending on the driving) - go ahead.
tyre reviewed on May 31, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: