Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 131,721 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

91%

92%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-W)
Best tyres I've had on a car, having had Pirelli P Zero Nero Rossos and Potenza RE050s before, these are the best tyres in terms of grip wet or dry. Really good feedback and turn in was much improved over the old tyres. Also can cope with spirited driving and hard launches. Definitely would buy again.
tyre reviewed on August 27, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Have now replaced the Rainsport 2's with 3's on the rear of my vRS so now have 3's all round. Great reduction in road noise.Directional stability greatly improved. Recent rainstorms have proved to me that this tyre is an excellent rain tyre with superb grip giving confidence in corners and fast straights.
tyre reviewed on August 26, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (195-50-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,500 average miles
best solution for my car.
tyre reviewed on August 21, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall vectra vxr 280bhp (225-45-17-)
Awesome tyre 235/35/19s FWD car is running at 320bhp, more importantly with a tyre a balding 550nm of torque. They replaced the excellent Goodyear eagle Assy 2s with a disappointing 2.4mm at approx 7000miles, no real noticeable difference for me.

Also one of the best looking tyres I've ever had. Cost £254 fitted for the pair, £60 cheaper than the Goodyear F1s at the time.

Cant say say much about comfort due to the low 35mill profile.
tyre reviewed on August 18, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi carisma (225-45-17-)
Not long replaced the Uniroyal RainSport 2's for the 3's and they have definitely improved on an already great tyre. For the money you can't get a better tyre. Excellent in all conditions!
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SL320 (265-35-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 700 average miles
I recently purchased a Mercedes SL320 for summer use. It came with 275/35/18 Dunlop SP9000 sports on the rear and 225/40/18 Three A tyres on the front. The car had only covered about 10000 miles in the last 13 years and whilst there was plenty of tread on the Dunlop's they were obviously old and were showing signs of cracking. The Three A's were new when I bought the car and had been put on so it could pass it's MOT. Being a budget brand I had never heard of I was not happy keeping them on what is a heavy car with reasonable performance.
I decided the only option was to replace all the tyres and having done some research and looking at the various reviews I decided to go for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 as these seemed to be a good compromise between quality and price. Due to the sizes available I opted for 265/35/18's on the back and 235/40/18's on the front. OK this car will never do a high annual mileage but in the 700 odd miles I have done since having them fitted (taking advantage of the great summer weather) I can make the following comments:-

The car tracks in a straight line!

The tyres are far quieter

The ride is more compliant

It now corners and grips far better

It has been driven in a thunderstorm and I could not detect any discernible difference to the dry weather grip.

So overall I am very pleased and even though my mileage on them is and will be limited I feel they are exceptional value for money.

tyre reviewed on July 30, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat croma (215-50-17-W)
I can only compare these to the Avon ZV5 tyres that were on the car before, but I hope this is helpful to someone. I've put that I wouldn't buy these again because on balance I would be going back to the Avons. There's not a huge amount of difference and they're definitely good tyres, but it's the nature of the differences that bothers me.

The Uniroyals are called "rainsport" and have a very cool looking tread pattern, but they're really not very sporty. In comparison with the Avons they feel like they have a lot of lateral "sloppyness" - when you corner hard it feels like the tyres are sticking to the road OK, but the tyre cross-section is now not so rectangular and is more a parallelogram so the back moves out like you've got rear wheel steering. The Fiat Croma is probably not the best example of a car that corners on rails, but this is subtly like cornering in a boat. The tyres are also a little under damped - they "boing" like a space-hopper. If you hit them like a drum, they ring - this is actually really annoying: I thought a bearing was going because there was a droning noise. I've just jacked up the car to check and the bearings are fine, but the tyres "ring" and you get a background drone on most surfaces - particularly around 30-40mph - the pitch stays constant with speed so I'm convinced it's the tyre resonance and not a bearing. I imagine this could be worse on my car than most because of the rear wheel camber angles and the nature of the tread on the outside of the tyre, but it's been bothering me and the Avons didn't do it. Also, if you push the car sideways while stationary, it "squishes" side to side more than the Avons did (at the same tyre pressure).

On the plus side, droning noise apart, these tyres are quieter than the Avons on rough road surfaces (they take small ruts and bumps like cats-eyes particularly well). They are quieter on the motorway and are generally more "comfortable" - presumably a consequence of being that much more pliant.

These ones have got the rubber flange that protects your alloys from kerbing, they're safe and sensible tyres. They may be just what you're looking for. I get almost identical fuel economy and the wear rates look good so far - on target for around 24k miles on the back. I just don't like the way they handle or the droning noise.
tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
Driven 6000km in 3 months, absolutely perfect.
Even in highway when road suddenly ended and had to make emergency stop from ~90km/h between lorrys and cones, they had unbelivable grip for that price range. Car just stopped like it was glued to tarmac.
In wet drove throu some big puddle and nothing, car went straight, no aquaplaning or nothing.
Still have 8 - 8,5mm tread left. Like new.
Best tyres for this price. Yes they feel little soft but on the other hand they are pretty quiet and for 225/45R17 tyres they are very comfortable.
tyre reviewed on July 22, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Wagon (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20 easy going miles
Just fitted four Uniroyal Rainsport 3's to my 20022 Saab 9-5 HOT aero estate. Previous tyres where Uniroyal Rainsport 2's which I was pleased with but these Rainsport 3's are fantastic and have transformed the car. Whilst writing this I've only just had them fitted and done about 20 miles but I am extremely impressed at how quiet they are. Dry grip and steering response seem fine in the dry hot July weather so I can only report that I am impressed with the grip and braking in the dry. If they perform as well in the rain and the wet, I'll be well pleased and I'll report further. I'll also report again at how well they last but for the moment at least I'm very pleased and very glad I chose them - and they weren't that expensive either!
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (215-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 13,421 spirited miles
Great tires. Amazing in wet and also in dry. But wet it is amazing; You can almost hit a puddle of water at high speed and they will almost act like brakes. No aquaplaning. Highly recommended if you live somewhere where it is raining nonstop. The down side is that after 6 months, they only have 2000-3000km left. I do do a lot of km (Ive done over 21600km in these tires)
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: