Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 78 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 362,207 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

64%

87%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225-45-17-)

I've used Uniroyal RainSport 2's for years across 2 vehicles & would have continued to use them if they were still made.

I live in Scotland, so a rain orientated tyre made sense - and in the rain these blew away all previous tyres i'd used (~25-30% cheaper summer tyres), safe & confident wet driving was a revelation for me.

I then bought Rainsport 3's for the front of the car & they were quite frankly awful.
When i got the car back i had thought something had been damaged in the suspension, as the car steering was very soft & wobbly & delayed.
This was eventually found to be the new Rainsport 3 tyres, they were moved to the rear & the rear became soft & delayed, like driving on jelly (less so when i tried VERY high pressures, around the max rates pressure, but still soft & delayed).

I complained to Uniroyal & asked for confirmation of what had changed to ruin the Rainsport tyres.

I now probably wouldn't touch another Uniroyal tyre out of fear of being burnt again.

EDIT: Uniroyal have suggested the mix of x2 Dunlop Winter tyres & x2 Uniroyal Summer tyres could cause the issue (mismatched different tyre structures).
But the previous Rainsport 2's ran with the same Dunlop tyres & felt fine, also the soft delayed feeling specifically followed the Rainsport 3's.
I may never find the answer to this as i'm not willing to risk spending on x4 more Rainsport 3's to prove/disprove if the problem still exists.

Regards, Mark.
tyre reviewed on March 24, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Corsa C (195-50-15-W)
Amazing tyre with really good combination of wet/dry grip. The only thing is that after some miles the wear is obvious and the tyre behaves not so great. Totally worth the money though!
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile re mapped Saab 9/3 turbo (235-45-17-W)
After searching at some length for a new set of tyres I found these. Not many tyre dealers carry them so I ordered them online, had them delivered to my local garage who then fitted them. Grip in the dry is excellent and in the wet is simply incredible, infact they perform better in the wet than some tyres do in the dry and I mean that with all seriousness. There are cheaper tyres out there and ones that will last a little longer, but pound for pound these are the best tyres I have owned.
tyre reviewed on March 17, 2015
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (185-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
After being pretty impressed with the original Rainsport tyre, had these fitted to the front as a replacement for the worn original version.

Well two weeks on, three return trips to the garage for a re balance, I have to say that these are possibly the worst tyres I have ever had the mis fortune to own. Aquaplane protection is good but that's where the positives end. The tred pattern is simply so deep, wide and asymmetrical that you feel like you are running on spiked tyres at speeds over 50mph with terrible feedback through the steering. The seem practically unbalanced every time you drive and the garage just cannot get them to balance no matter what they try !

Waiting to get paid now so I can get these things off the car, an expensive mistake and one I certainly regret.
tyre reviewed on March 13, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (205-55-16-)
I'm just giving an update on these frankly, excellent tyres.
My car is a remapped Mondeo tdci so it has bags of tyre shredding torque. Nevertheless, I have just swapped the fronts for the backs as the front were down to 4mm, and the backs were virtually unworn. This is after 8000 miles, so longevity is completely fine.
The dry weather handling has been consistent throughout. The wet weather handling is the best of any tyre I've used. Comfort and noise are fantastic. Even the mpg average has gone up by 3mpg.
I seriously can't rate these tyres highly enough. All road conditions, from muddy back lanes to a 140mph blast in Germany, all weathers, they just grip and then grip a bit more.
These are rated as a mid range tyre, but in my experience, far outperform the so called 'premium' brands.
tyre reviewed on March 11, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta 2009 titanium 1.4 (195-45-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I have had a pair of RS3 fitted to the front of my Ford Fiesta very recently. My car feels fun to drive again. It feels like a completely different car altogether. I couldn't afford anything expensive, but still wanted something above average, so read a lot of reviews, which all were extremely positive. I can now understand why people praise them so much. It's amazing how a pair of tyres can turn your car into a whole new experience. Just wish I had a set of four fitted:)

I understand that people worry these may/will wear quicker than other tyres. Come on:) all the fun and confidence on road they give is priceless. I purchased my from Camskill web page for £55 each. How long will they last on my car I have no idea, but I will try to drive in a progressive manner. Also commute mostly to work on short distances, don't do very high speeds ( just sometimes) and drive around town. I live in Scotland and these tyres feel like they were made especially for my needs.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2015
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Matrix 1.5D (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
These tyres are good don`t get me wrong. They grip well wet or dry.

The downside is that I`m shortly replacing them after 8 months of use. I do about 8-9k per year and so would reckon on them having done 6k so far. The insides always wear more than the outside and the outside is around the 3mm mark with the insides being at 2mm. Its not as if I drive anything Quick a 1.5 diesel Hyundai Matrix with a whopping 75bhp!!!!

This is without doubt a hell of a soft rubber mix.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225-50-17-W)
Bought to replace some 20k mile Dunlop SP1's on a Skoda Yeti 4x4. Bought as I had RS2's on my previous car and liked them First impressions were they were quieter, rolled easier and felt more compliant than the Dunlops. After 2000 miles of mixed driving in mixed weather my opinion hasn't changed. As a summer tyre I wasn't expecting them to be great in the snow but they performed far better than expected, possibly due to being brand new. Overall am more than happy, a well priced tyre that inspires confidence in the.wet and decent fun in the dry. Cant comment on wear but will buy again.
tyre reviewed on February 12, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320 d (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Changed from Bridgrstone RF to Uniroyal RS3. Only bought front ones however going for the back 2 this week. Great grip in wet/dry and feed back good, No change in MPG or car handling like some people cry. BMW RF are harsh and feed back is poor along with wear, dont beleave anyone who tells you that the suspension set up is for RF only, check out your insurance before you change,Quote me happy had no problems with the change over, bought a spare wheel for £35 and put one of the old back tyres on it. Also saved over £100 by changing to uniroyal.
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 75hp (195-50-15-V)
Bought my first set of these and loved every bit of them, just bought my new set yesterday.. cannot fault them! Wet and Dry grip is amazing, so much confidence in terrential rain when cornering etc, Will always be buying these. However they wear really quick which is common sense when you have a tyre that has a high grip rate.
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: