Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 47,502 miles driven.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

73%

89%

86%

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres are fantastic in every way gripping, had bridge-stones before and they were gd lasted a good 10k miles, the rainsport 3 I have worn out in under 2 k :( no tracking issues, just very soft grippy tyres that wear badly
tyre reviewed on April 20, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (215-45-17-W)
Changed onto the rs3 after removing winter tyres and believe they are absolutely top class . coupled with ebc green stuff the braking and traction is top class. Car feels like it's on rails in all weather . very happy with my choice.
tyre reviewed on April 16, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Very soft tires. Changed from Michelin and they are much more comfy. And quiet. Very quiet. I seem to drive much more easily, used to accelerate a lot and drive harder, but not with those tires, they´re like, lets go and cruise around, not like, lets race. :) Ofcource if you need they can go fast around corners. Seems like they just have very good grip :) Even on wet/damp you can push harder around corners. Propably couse of the rubber, thats just so soft like winter tyres, but with nice enormuos grooves. Hope they wont wear out too fast.
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 cdti 150hp (225-40-18-W)
I have had rainsports 2 in the past & i can not highly rate this tyre enough, i purchase all my tyres from camskill :) 2 x rainsports 3 in march for the fronts, so my rainsports 2 went on the back, overall i find the rainsports 3 better in terms of grip, dry/wet, & a lot less noise from the RS3, I have 225 40 18 92Y XL on the RS3 & RS2.

But for one strange reason the RS2 seem to look lower in height/diameter compared to the RS3? must be something to do with the shark skin technology making the RS3 look higher.

Every time i need tyres its all ways Rainsports 2 or 3 for me, I have used falkens in the past on the same vehicle & the falkens aint got a patch on the rainsports 2 or 3 :)
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo Volvo C70 LPT 2.0 Manual (225-50-16-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I put these tires on the front of my C70 this morning. As soon as I drove out of the tire dealers lot I noticed a difference - *much* less road noise and the car felt much more "grounded" and stable.

The tires replaced were Pirelli P7. They had been getting progressively harder and noisier the last couple of thousand miles making the car much less enjoyable to drive.

Granted, I've only put about 100 miles on it but I'm in love..=*^)

The car feels rock steady at speed and feels like it sucks itself into the road when cornering at speed thru roundabouts and curvy country roads. And it is so much quieter - bliss!

The rear tires are only 50% worn (Pirelli P6000) but they are going. I will order two more Rainsport 3's tomorrow!

I'll update this review once I've done 1,000 miles on the tires.
tyre reviewed on April 3, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 Coupe (235-45-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 spirited miles
Bought these as I do a lot of motorway driving. I had kumho's on the car before these and I found the car skitting when hitting standing water. These rainsport are phenomenal in the wet. In the dry they are very good. I now have such confidence driving in the rain.
tyre reviewed on April 1, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 90hp (195-50-15-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Originally had the Rainsport 2 on before which were still a great tyre but these are on another level. Dont ever expect a tyre to handle in the dry and wet immediately let them bed in first with normal driving. After over 200/300 miles the Grip is outstanding wet or dry. Well recommended. Im still handling corners quicker than my friend in his Astra 1.6 with Pilot Sports.
tyre reviewed on March 30, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK4 GTTDI 150 (225-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Excellent tyres. had them on my golf for about 2 months and the grip is amazing. In the wet the grip is a million times better than my falkens I had on before, It's never let go yet! would certainly recommend to anyone.
tyre reviewed on February 16, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140hp (235-35-19-W)
very good for the price, I had Dunlop sport maxx Rt previous and Pirelli pzero before that and these are better in my opinion, very surprised and pleased will be using them again !!
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 182 Cup Pack (205-55-16-W)
I had RS2's and was super impressed by their grip in the wet, so naturally wanted to try out the new range, especially at the price offered by Camskill (£54 per corner)

Initial impressions were that the asymmetric pattern looks weird on the passenger side as the pattern appears as though it would cause aquaplaning, however in practice it does not. They skidded around a little at first but after running them in they have started to grip much better.

I find these tyres to be upgrades in every way but overall grip on the RS2's. They are very good in the wet, where standing water is concerned but not so good when there is grease around (still not bad, don't get me wrong).

My feeling is for the money they are great. Compared with other tyres they are very good overall, but they seem to perform as well in the dry as they do in the wet, which seems odd to me. Surely they should have better dry grip.

They sidewalls are harder, the feedback is loads better, they are somewhat progressive and they are quiet too. I think that Uniroyal have answered all of the complaints about the RS2's with some expense of grip.

Good but not great, and my reason for saying this is that I value the feedback above all else on a tyre. You would only ever notice this when taking your car to the limit, and you can find that limit on a clio by cornering hard and getting one rear wheel off the ground, which with these tyres you would never be able to do unless you are braking hard into a turn.

If I buy budget tyres again, I'll probably choose Federal SS595's but I would rate these tyres ahead of the Falken FK452's. They aren't really up to the standards of high end premium tyres in my opinion however.
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: