Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 73 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 326,207 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

89%

85%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta 2009 titanium 1.4 (195-45-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I have had a pair of RS3 fitted to the front of my Ford Fiesta very recently. My car feels fun to drive again. It feels like a completely different car altogether. I couldn't afford anything expensive, but still wanted something above average, so read a lot of reviews, which all were extremely positive. I can now understand why people praise them so much. It's amazing how a pair of tyres can turn your car into a whole new experience. Just wish I had a set of four fitted:)

I understand that people worry these may/will wear quicker than other tyres. Come on:) all the fun and confidence on road they give is priceless. I purchased my from Camskill web page for £55 each. How long will they last on my car I have no idea, but I will try to drive in a progressive manner. Also commute mostly to work on short distances, don't do very high speeds ( just sometimes) and drive around town. I live in Scotland and these tyres feel like they were made especially for my needs.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2015
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Matrix 1.5D (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
These tyres are good don`t get me wrong. They grip well wet or dry.

The downside is that I`m shortly replacing them after 8 months of use. I do about 8-9k per year and so would reckon on them having done 6k so far. The insides always wear more than the outside and the outside is around the 3mm mark with the insides being at 2mm. Its not as if I drive anything Quick a 1.5 diesel Hyundai Matrix with a whopping 75bhp!!!!

This is without doubt a hell of a soft rubber mix.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2015
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225-50-17-W)
Bought to replace some 20k mile Dunlop SP1's on a Skoda Yeti 4x4. Bought as I had RS2's on my previous car and liked them First impressions were they were quieter, rolled easier and felt more compliant than the Dunlops. After 2000 miles of mixed driving in mixed weather my opinion hasn't changed. As a summer tyre I wasn't expecting them to be great in the snow but they performed far better than expected, possibly due to being brand new. Overall am more than happy, a well priced tyre that inspires confidence in the.wet and decent fun in the dry. Cant comment on wear but will buy again.
tyre reviewed on February 12, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320 d (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Changed from Bridgrstone RF to Uniroyal RS3. Only bought front ones however going for the back 2 this week. Great grip in wet/dry and feed back good, No change in MPG or car handling like some people cry. BMW RF are harsh and feed back is poor along with wear, dont beleave anyone who tells you that the suspension set up is for RF only, check out your insurance before you change,Quote me happy had no problems with the change over, bought a spare wheel for £35 and put one of the old back tyres on it. Also saved over £100 by changing to uniroyal.
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 75hp (195-50-15-V)
Bought my first set of these and loved every bit of them, just bought my new set yesterday.. cannot fault them! Wet and Dry grip is amazing, so much confidence in terrential rain when cornering etc, Will always be buying these. However they wear really quick which is common sense when you have a tyre that has a high grip rate.
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (205-50-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought for Scottish/winter/rain tyre to the front axle of my classic Scooby. Dry/wet tractition is amazing, braking always accurate, couldn't really make it slip. Tried on snow, acceptable, anyway its not a winter tyre. Downside is the soft sidewall, as my suspension is upgraded a bit this is the only jelly in the system, especially above 60 mph it makes precise cornering really difficult.
Keeping your family safe: it is the best choice on wet. But for a sporty car it ruins joy factor greatly. A bit disappointing, won't buy again for this kind of car.
Hope rainsport 4 will get 2 extra sidewall layers to improve this amazingly grippy unique tyre!
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Living on a wet island on the edge of western Europe, Ireland gets alot of rain, so I said I'd go for something with decent wet grip. At the time, fuel hadn't started to drop in price so the rolling resistance was a factor too. Up popped Uniroyal Rainsport 3's (245/40/18 97Y). Popped two onto the front of my car (A 2.0 TDI Audi A4). They are AMAZING in wet conditions, and pretty decent in dry if I'm honest, but I now find myself having to replace them after around 8000kms. I'm not a boy racer so could not understand how they wore so quickly. It's pretty ridiculous if I'm honest. Should have read the wear reviews on this site... I would NOT recommend these, unless you live in a lake and only drive to the shops once a week!
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Sierra Sapphire (215-40-17-)
awsome tyre, have this on 400hp rwd cossie, they are noisy but SO comfy, I run track spec coilovers on the road with solid alloy "bushes" so comfort helps ha ha, I think wear is not a consideration, just buy some more they are not expensive after all, these do not tramline unlike most others I have used yoki esp, would I buy again ?, no need, despite mine being new, there are two brand new ones sat in my garage for when needed!!
tyre reviewed on January 11, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (215-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 40 spirited miles
Okguys only 40 miles covered so far so early days. Bought purely for wet/cold roads & spirtited use.
REview :- Roads cold/wet/muddy/plus a few puddles but no torrential rain yet. Dry grip (in winter) very good, & excellent lateral grip. I'm running XL version,plus 40 profile and a bit of extra front pressure ( 2.8 bar front, 2.3 bar rear), so turns in well. Noise is lowish, comfort ok too . Probably won't last as long as other tyres but I want grip . Carves through puddles like a knife and very confidence inspiring ..almost with Dunlop Racing Wet performance! Standing on the brakes on wet roads I can still get abs to cut in but much less than say Contisport 3's. Flooring it in first/second traction control still cuts in but less than before...In summary I'll run these in winter and a set of Yokohama AD08R in summer...simple....Regards Roland GT Tuning Ltd
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: