Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 256,567 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

65%

89%

Tyre Test Results:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Maximum stability on wet, even coils, but after 3000 km, sporty drive on winding road wear is greater than 50%. 99% satisfied about safety, but about 40% satisfied about wear
tyre reviewed on November 18, 2014
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-)
Alfa 147 jtdm 150hp Fitted to front
Brilliant tyre in the wet, not let me down yet, wear is terrible but then you can't have it all, only done about 4000 miles and about 1mm to minimum wear. Put nokian zline on the back 2 weeks ago to wear them in going to swap over to front and see how they go, reviews seem better for wear with very little loss off grip. If I had endless money to spend on tyres would keep buying the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 can highly recommend
tyre reviewed on November 15, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or any other tyre.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z3M Coupe (225-45-17-)
Driving on track for 250 spirited miles
I recently fitted uniroyal rainsport 3 to my race spec BMW Z3M which I use for track days .
On the first day with new tyres the track started out wet and it rained on and off throughout the day which included some periods with standing water
After a few laps I noticed the grip was far greater than I had previously experienced with other makes to the point where I ignored the wet track braking and turning into corners as if the road was dry
Comments from others "what tyres have you, they are kicking up lots of spray " and from another driver "I couldn't keep up in the corners , I could see your grip levels were high"
Unless the grip disappears with wear I expect to replace them with more of the same
tyre reviewed on November 14, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Variant Estate 2.0 TDi 140 DSG (205-55-16-W)
Having seen excellent reviews for Uniroyals I decided to try some on the front of my Golf Estate 2.0TDi. I've previously had Dunlop Fast Response, Kleber Hydraxer and the Pirelli P7s which came with the car (and were terrible!). I ordered the Rainsport 2 but when I collected the car they had fitted Rainsport 3! Initial impression was of good stability and a surefooted feeling - similar to the Dunlops. But in the wet, they were significantly superior in directional stability, handling and noticeably better wet braking. I do a lot of fairly long-distance trips, both on main roads and M-ways, as well as shorter main road journeys. About 15K miles a year in total. Over the last year, I have felt very secure indeed with the Uniroyals.
Now the DOWNSIDES! Firstly, NOISE! Despite the Uniroyal adverts, they are VERY noisy - almost distractingly at times. At certain speeds they develop a curious musical rhythmic "thrumming" noise which is very distracting and which several passengers have commented on!
Secondly, WEAR! 15K miles on the front and now the Uniroyals are ready for replacement. The Dunlops lasted nearly 25K and the Klebers over 20K miles. For those two reasons I shan't be getting more replacement Uniroyals. Shame really, as I felt very confident and extremely safe with them.
tyre reviewed on November 11, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet aveo (195-50-15-V)
This tyres I bought for wife's car.
This are the best tyres I ever bought!
On wet is like on dry, no differences !!!
Excellent tires for this price...
I recommend them to anyone!
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (245-45-18-W)
Similar like Conti Sport 5 but less wear, little bit noiser than Conti. Compared to F1: On dry little bit worse than Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2, what i have before, little bit quiter than Goodyear. Hope good buy!
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Levin (205-45-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d SE (e46) Saloon (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Had these to replace some Goodyear efficient grips on my BMW 320d SE (e46). Replaced all four tyres to keep handling and performance consistent, and I have to results have been mixed. The main positive is the handling in the wet. They feel very sure footed round corners in the wet, and the braking distance in the wet is also pretty impressive - as it takes very little time to stop from 60/70, and they remain straight and true under heavy(ish) breaking. So they do what they are renowned and designed for well to this extent. The Rainsport 3's however do appear to have some issues, especially when compared the Goodyear's I had on previously.

The first thing is the poor rim protection. I'm fairly careful with the alloys so was disappointed when I inadvertently glanced the side of a toll booth in France (front left hand side tyre), to find that there is no real protection on the tyres. So as a result I'd recommend extreme caution when you park etc. second point is to do with wear. These tyres won't last too long by the looks of it, they have quite a soft compound mix, and I think I'll be fortunate to see 12,000 miles from them, currently done 6,000 and they look like I might get the same or just above from them. The Goodyear's (yes I know - a slightly more expensive option) lasted around 16,000. The third point actually relates to the first two points to an extent, and this is the 'flex' in the tyre walls. The Rainsports feel more 'flaccid' when cornering harder in the dry - as a consequence you feel the car rolling more in corners, and with the rear wheel drive on the BMW it does not add to the driving experience especially with back end I in corners. As the tyres have aged - they did improve from when I first put them on, as they were quite 'vague' to start with in terms of feedback etc. but as they bed in in the first couple of hundred miles they do feel more assured. Again, the Goodyear's were far more sure footed compared with the Uniroyal's. I am not an overly sporty driver either, like most of us I have my moments when the foot can go down - but for 90% of the time I drive within the normal parameters. However; I have also noticed is slightly more road noise with the Uniroyal's, and also maybe due to this poorer fuel economy than I had with the Efficient grips, approx 3-5 mpg on some runs I do very regularly.

So if I were to sum up, it's been a less positive experience than I hoped for. Positives are definitely the wet grip/braking - which in the UK is a good thing with our mercurial weather. However; the wear, the slack(ish) tyre walls and the lack of 'progressiveness' combined with the lower mpg/noise are distinct negatives.

They aren't that bad - and I'm no 'Petrol head', but I won't be putting Uniroyal's on the car after these have expired. I think that although they were cheaper than the Goodyear's I had on before - I will return back to something similar to the Goodyear's, as like in any other aspect of life - you tend to get what you pay for.
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Best tires i had ever have. amazying in every condition,just one thing, wear is terible, after 6 months and about 3000 mil. there is 8mm left on rear and only 5.5mm on front tires. So aWwesome tires, but only good for 2 seasons.
tyre reviewed on October 31, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Integra DC2 (205-45-15-V)
I bought these tyres for my Honda Integra Type R (1996).

All I can say is WOW, the first time I pushed them after wearing them in, was in the wet and could not believe the amount of "first gear launch" grip. It gripped just like my old tyres did in the dry, but in the wet!
The wet grip is the best I have ever experienced from a tyre.

The dry grip, still, absolutely outstanding, far better than a lot of tyres I have used, I would say probably the best for the road! The only downside is that the sidewalls are a bit soft, so you will notice a bit of "tyre roll" when flicking in and out of bends.

These tyres are very soft, so don't expect them to last a huge amount of time, for me they still last long enough to keep me from complaining.
The downside to the softness, is when using these in a track environment, they will get TOO hot and will start melting away and losing you grip, as for the road though, these are the best you can buy.

I have just bought two more of these for the front wheels on my TDI Ibiza to see how they grip with the 300ft lb of torque, if I am happy, I will replace the rears with these also.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: