Vredestein Wintrac Pro

The Vredestein Wintrac Pro is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Vredestein Wintrac Pro answers the growing market demands in the 17-inch and ultra-high-performance segment. The new winter tyre makes no concessions in terms of performance, offering maximum grip while cornering, short stopping distances on wet roads and great handling, even at high speeds. The Wintrac Pro is available in speed rating Y, making it appropriate for use at speeds of up to 300 km/h (186mph) for a large number of sizes. The tyre merges an attractive design with advanced technology.

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Wintrac xtreme S

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 28,700 miles driven.

2019 19 Inch Performance Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - Excellent performance in the snow, and on wet roads, good aquaplaning resistance, sporty steering feel, short wet braking, stable dry handling.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance.

2019 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 5th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Strong in the dry and wet.
  • Negative - Poor snow performance, high rolling resistance, high noise.

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 6th of 21 tyres

• Positive - A new winter tyre with excellent wet and dry handling
  • Negative - Average lateral stability on snow
  • Overall - Exemplary
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Wintrac Pro
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Wintrac Pro. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Wintrac Pro Review

Given 85% while driving a BMW M240i (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
I've had several types / makes of winter tyres fitted to different cars over the years (Mini Cooper S, BMW X5's), although this is an initial review and we haven't had any severe weather yet these tyres seem excellent and better that I have had in the past (plus this car is more powerful (340bhp) and rear wheel drive...). We've only driven the car in temperatures at zero degC and above but we've had some horrendous weather with heavy rain and high winds, driving with these tyres really in both small country roads and main dual carriageways with aquaplane conditions these have been sure footed, I have to commend them. I hope that come snow and the real harsh weather that will come shortly they will continue to impress.
40 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018

Latest Vredestein Wintrac Pro Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Wintrac Pro tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Wintrac Pro.

Given 54% while driving a Mercedes Benz Vito (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
225/50 R17 XL
Tyres wear on the out sides long before the middle. Even with them blown up to max pressure. Tyres so hard it affects the cornering of the van.
Fitted to 2018 Vito medium wheelbase weighing 2.8 ton
12 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 jtdm 200hp (225/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
In snow and ice this is the best winter tire i ever used. Under 0°c in dry condition working perfektly. Even in city, or at high speed. On slightly wet road is the weakest point of this tire. In a real rain storm there is no problem.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019
Given 98% while driving a BMW 440i Gran Coupe M Sport (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres replaced Pirelli Sottozero 240 S2 RFTs on my car (I also have direct experience of Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen 1s on my wife's BMW 335i). The Vredestien Wintrac Pros are far closer in performance to the Goodyears rather than the Pirellis which were good in the wet but not when things got very difficult ie snow and ice. The Vredesteins are good in all conditions but where they excel over the GYs is steering feel which is far more responsive. They are also slightly quieter and better riding. The only downside with the Vredesteins is needing to increase tyre pressures (especially rear) to prevent roll from a softish sidewall (in comparison to a runflat). My car has adaptive suspension so little change in ride comfort, however they are significantly quieter than the Pirellis. When it comes to chaging the tyres on my wife's 335i, I'll choose the Vredestein's over the GYs.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Jaguar Jaguar XE (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought these tyres on the strength of Autobild UHP winter tyre test 2018. Had the chance to drive through snow , slush and ice on saturday here in Scotland . Last winter I had the misfortune to experience a few scary moments when my UHP summer tyres lost traction where I skidded and slid all over the place in conditions not nearly severe as saturday past. These tyres in one word are phenomenal . I never lost traction once , I felt so safe and confident throughout my whole journey.

My wife has a mini cooper with UHP winter tyres , now on their second season. Her tyres are good but not in the same class as the Wintrac pro , they have a sluggish steering response and mushy feel at temps above 10c. The Wintrac pro at 9c last week felt very planted on dry roads , I am really quite amazed at how they've managed to achieve this .

My experience with premium winter tyres in the past have never been this good. All I can say is I'm so glad that these tyres are tested to the limit by those who know how and we all learn so much before making an expensive mistake. If you review this and decide to buy you will Not be disappointed and before you ask , I'm not affiliated with Vredestein in any shape or form . Good luck with your choice .
16 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018