Wanli Snowgrip S1083

The Wanli Snowgrip S1083 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 62% over 46,500 miles driven.

2018 AZ SUV Winter Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Overall - Acceptable on snow and in the dry, but dangerously poor performance in the wet.

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 42nd of 48 tyres

2013 Winter Tyre Overview - Braking - 49th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Wanli Snowgrip S1083
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Wanli Snowgrip S1083. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Wanli Snowgrip S1083 Review

Given 83% while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I've read numerous reviews on how bad these tyres are and felt I had to have my say before people get the wrong idea about these tyres. I must say that they do exactly what it says on the box. They are WINTER tyres so are designed to work at temperatures below 7 deg. If you drive aggressively at 12 deg temperatures then they will break away and feel like there is no grip in exactly the same way as a summer tyre will not work if not up to temperature. For this type of temperature you need SUMMER tyres. If you do the same type of driving when the temperature is near freezing and you will think you are on your summer track day tyres. In the snow and ice they will grip like you are on a dry road. Not all tyres are the same - just ask the F1 teams. There is no such thing as a universal tyre.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2014

Latest Wanli Snowgrip S1083 Reviews

Have you driven on the Wanli Snowgrip S1083 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Snowgrip S1083.

Given 53% while driving a Volvo S60 2.5T (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Bought these whilst my alloys are being refurbished. Late October/November, about 12 degrees average. In the dry and sub 7 degrees they handled awesome. I was amazed. The temp crept up to 12+ and they were ok in the dry. Some days was 17 degrees and they were a bit all over the place as expected I guess. Then we had moist weather and as some reviews, felt like driving a hovercraft. Lethal. Swapped back to my summer tyres for now but will put back on when weather turns.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2018
Given 66% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
When the tyres were first fitted they felt lumpy for the first 100 miles or so probably due to the big tread blocks .
I have had them on my BMW during the heavy snow fall and thought they performed very well in the snow.
Average for ice driving but better grip than summer tyres like the continentals that i use on my other set of wheels.
Wet grip not the best especially if you like to drive quick.
I would say only use them during snow weather conditions and below 6c .For the money you can't go wrong but not for sports driving.

0 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2018
Given 57% while driving a Volkswagen Vento MK3 1.8 CL 75bhp (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
These tyres was installed at a couple of 17inch rims i bought in October 2015 for the purpose of cheap winter-tyres (Nordic Winter).

Tyres are a bit woobly at cold starts, got them aligned but the technician told me that the rims didn't cause the woobling, the tyres did. He told me theywere cheap, well... not much to gain from them, then.

None the less, these tyres has now rolled approx. 15.000km from october 2015 to april 2016, and they do it, overall, great. In wet conditions they can be a tad skiddy, but no oversteer - or understeering. They do great at high speeds - my car runs out of power at 165km/h, so... but stable as hell even at that speed!

The only thing i really can put my finger on, is the tendency to wobble at cold mornings.
They need to get run warm before this wobbling-feeling goes away.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2016
Given 99% while driving a Jeep Patriot (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I've tried them in the high snow and in a snow storm as well as on ice.
on my 4x4 Jeep patriot they've been amazingly successful! I would have never expected! I've been going uphill and downhill on 1/2 meter snow and my car has never gone back!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2015