Yokohama W Drive

Show all: Yokohama tyres, Passenger Car Winter High Performance tyres
The Yokohama W Drive is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 99,000 miles driven.

Yokohama W Drive

82%

Progressiveness
76%

Wear
78%

81%

Yokohama W Drive Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT S (225-45-17-)
I swapped to these winter tyres in Oct, i havent really pushed my car like i would in the warmer dryer weather, but i equally do not hang around, i feel they are a good all round winter tyre, only issue is greasy dirty roads but then again no tyre can deal with that very well.
I am fairly impressed with the grip in minus temperatures, i have had a few slides on corners but they are predictable and i feel its more than likely me expecting too much in the ice, havent tried them in the snow yet.
tyre reviewed on January 14, 2014
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335d (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
I fitted these tyres, sold to me as "premium" to a 2006 BMW 335d Touring. Expecting slight compromises over my usual Summer tyres, I drove fairly cautiously, especially as Winter tyres need a lot of "scrubbing in." What I got was a set of tyres, costing me over £500 that made my car genuinely dangerous. The traction light was constantly on despite gentle driving and the car fishtailed so badly that we avoided overtaking anything. The tyres are back with Yokohama for analysis but I fear they will just be sent back and I will have wasted a lot of money. I'm sure they work fine in snow and ice but they are dreadful in warmer conditions which we experience commonly in a UK Winter. I will update if Yokohama do offer a refund but I am expecting to have to try and sell these terrible tyres on. I'm an IAM and Police trained driver and have owned the car five years so know it very well.
tyre reviewed on December 14, 2013
Looking to buy the Yokohama W Drive? Click here to search for the best price for the Yokohama W Drive or any other tyre.

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 2.0 D (205-55-16-T)
Driving on track for 34,000 easy going miles
Absolutely great tires! So far I have driven 34000 miles using them in various conditions, from dry cold through wet mud up to heavy snow and black ice. Thread is still enough deep. Wear is okay when pressure is okay or even a bit higher than recommended. Otherwise may worn be out far more quick.
tyre reviewed on November 11, 2012
Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (235-65-16-H)
Not pushed these tyres to the limit as I am not generaly a fast driver and my first winter with these fitted was unusually mild but I grip has been excellent. The only tiome they broke traction was on a wet diesel covered roundabout and the car refused to turn. The tyes eventually bit and I carried on without too much drama unlike a previous motorist who had skidded off. Wear is so far good and ride is comfortable and quiet.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2012
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0l Hatchback (205-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 25, 2012
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Excellent all-round tyre for winter. It's not a genuine hardcore winter tyre like Nokian Hakappelita, but I guess it's better than other Nokians. Excellent for driving on asphalt in winter. Even managed to get out from wet ground off the road while my right side was on road with ice. Not pricey. Would buy again.
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2011
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi New Lacer (215-45-18-V)
Very impressed by these tyres, they are good both in wet/snow/ice or dry conditions and in pretty much all seasons. However I would not recommend using them in summer.
tyre reviewed on April 1, 2011
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 220sdi (165-70-14-T)
had these on since october now cant belive how much they transformed my car in the snow and ice. so good infact ive towed countless cars struggleing to clime the hill outside our house.
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2011
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Daewoo Leganza (225-45-17-)
Superb handling on dry roads in winter. Very good behavior even on warmer weather. On highway, at high speeds (above 150km/h), the car seems to be equipped with premium summer tyres. There is almost no difference between these winter tyres and summer tyres. They also do a fantastic job on ice and snow. Very quiet at any speed, great stability and breaking performance. Definitely will buy again
tyre reviewed on September 10, 2010

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: