Achilles ATR Sport

Show all: Achilles tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Achilles ATR Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 62% over 118,662 miles driven.

Achilles ATR Sport

66%

58%

Tyre Test Results:

Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo (245-35-19-W)
Utterly Dreadful!!! Dry performance very substandard. Wet performance, non existent. Not sure if I got lemons, and I have read about bad batches but these tyres trully are appalling. I had these on the fronts when I bought the car at about 80-90% tread and Nexen's 6000's on the back and well, I thought the Nexen's were bad. Once they were chewed the Achillies went on the back and after a few thousand k's these are gone to. My car has kicked sidways changing into 4th gear at 100+ km/h in the wet, seriously should these tyres even be legal? All appropriate wheel ailments done and as my ride is stock at the moment (about 360hp),with a lot more hp to come, these things are a death wish. A FWD with less horses under the bonnet you may be ok but if your serious about driveing steer well clear of these suckers. Sorry for the long winded review just felt I had worn others and believe me, in the wet, this review may save your ride and hell, maybe even your life!
tyre reviewed on December 7, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Persona 1.6 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 200 spirited miles
In Malaysia*

Went to a very spirited drive in the mountain roads in this set of cheap sporty tyres.
Mild tyre melting with superbbb grip although my car is just 118hp but 1300kg.
RM165 is damn good price. Even at 195/60R15, 32psi works wonders.
Being the only sport tyre in this size, 100% will buy another set.
tyre reviewed on December 1, 2014
Looking to buy the Achilles ATR Sport? Click here to search for the best price for the Achilles ATR Sport or any other tyre.

Given 32% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
These were fitted to the rear of my 310bhp 1995 MR2 turbo when I bought it at the end of August - I'd intended to change them relatively soon but as many of us do, we put it off..

Wish I hadn't, as I wrote the car off last week thanks to a combination of wet roads, applying too much power and these useless tyres.. Driving in a straight line - put my foot down in second, the back end flicked out, I counter-steered and then of course the back end overtook the front as MR2's are known to do!

Probably fantastic for a little econobox hatchback, but I emplore you - please don't risk your pride and joy sports/performance car by fitting these. The back end even came out a few times in the dry previous to me crashing, completely without warning and driving nowhere near the limits of the car! They're not progressive at all and offer very little in terms of communicating with the driver.

I've bought a set of Yokohama AD08R's now to fit on my MR2, as repairing a car is a hassle I could do without.
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo (235-40-18-)
Using these tyres for the fronts of my car, really surprised at the level of grip it has. I was using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 previously and I'm glad to have chosen Achilles as replacements, they perform very very close to the level of the Goodyears.
Stable during hard braking, limit is very high and gives ample signal before breaking traction. The most impressive is the wet performance, handled wet/damp winding mountain roads with ease.
Definitely worth the price paid, exceeding expectations.
tyre reviewed on September 14, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (225-30-19-)
Had these on back A4 b6 130 tdi remap

Not had any issues, was advised by garage to get Autogrip, to replace fronts. Autogrip are not good not lasted and already needing changed ahead of the two year older

Achilles on back. Just purchased 4 more ATR sport in slightly bigger size of 235 35 19 at £56.00 each so fingers crossed. Will post update after swapping and running all four. Drive sensibly but occasional mischief has not left me worried or concerned. You wouldn't go for a jog with your timbies on.

Drove in wet and snow (Scotland) never worried. The achilles is a great tyre for the price.
tyre reviewed on September 1, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Vios (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
budget tires. wear is nearly good. these tires not soft rubber. feels hard bumpy (not soft bumpy). soft noise for daily use. definitely buy again!!! because its price and wear for daily use. specially for "stance car" hard suspension combine with hard tire :D
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Altea Freetrack (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16,000 easy going miles
Purchased these with a 2nd hand Seat Altea 4 x 4. The previous owner had fitted at 29k in 2011. Two years later I have driven 16,000 miles and swapping them over a year ago, the tread is down to 3mm all round. As a summer tyre snow grip was OK, but wet performance is poor. More concerning is that the casing is starting to develop hairline cracks inside the sipes and grooves. Would not buy these again due to rapid perish and questionable wet grip.
tyre reviewed on October 12, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford 2.5 cougar (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I have just been to have a budget tyre fitted at motorsave for mot.£55 and only just noticed its one of those crapy event tyres. Motorsave used to fit really good budgets . Anyway the tyers i already have on my 2.5 ford are budgets. They have been on for two years and still plenty of wear . Amazing grip in all weathers. I only needed to change one because i had a shock changed on front n/s. and they didnt tighteng the top bolt corectly so tyer tread worn out on inside. Took car for test and guy said they should not have put that on your drive wheel. They wont change it so it goes in boot before winter gets here. But as far as tyres go. Fit Acchilles or Autogrip. Really good
tyre reviewed on August 21, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d SE (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 17,000 spirited miles
I put a full set on a BMW 330d and was amazed, grip in both dry and wet was superb, obviously they are not the same as the expensive brands but for the price they did everything well. I covered 17000 miles and they looked hardly worn before I sold the car, wish I had kept them for my next one.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: