Achilles ATR Sport

Progressiveness 51%
Achilles ATR Sport

The Achilles ATR Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 274,662 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles ATR Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Achilles ATR Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
**WARNING: DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES**

The worst tyres i've ever had. They were fitted new to the car by the previous owner before he sold the car to me. It was out of goodwill, but now i'm thinking this gentleman wanted to kill me :)

They grip below average in the dry. Progressiveness isn't there: they just let go. Grip gets way less on smoother asphalt. We have very smooth asphalt in general here in Holland. On smooth asphalt they make a sort of
high pitched buzzing noise, they make a grinding noise on older asphalt.'
You can't really feel the position of the front wheels in correlation to the car. I have driven other Bravos, with Conti Sportcontact and Hankook Ventus: They drove very nice.

In the wet they're an absolute deathtrap. The ESP is working overtime. Motorway junctions and roundabouts are outright dangerous. Even going in a straight line is. Starting from a standstill is always a joy.
I'm even annoying other motorists because if have to be very careful and slow, even when conditions are damp. I got into a torrential rainstorm in Belgium and those were some of the most frightening moments in my motoring life.

If you're still reading, you'd probably ask yourself: Why wouldn't this guy just toss them and get better tyres?
I thought i'd keep them for around 10000 miles/15000 KM, to see how they would do. I also thought it to be a waste, because they were brand new.

But there's a problem: they do not wear. I'm quite a sporty/agressive driver and the fronts have 5mm left after 35000KM! Rears have 7mm left.
They're now starting to disintegrate: little chunks are coming off, they also make a terrible noise on the motorway and they vibrate terribly.
I was under the impression that one of the wheel bearings had failed, but no. The tires are now a little over one year old.

If anyone would tell me these are made out of plastic, I would believe them.

I would like to urge everybody to look on for better tires: In the long run they would only cost you more money because you'll probably end up in a ditch. Let me rephrase: They would cost your family money, if you don't have a proper life insurance policy.

For 15 pounds or euros more per tyre, you can buy something like Falken, Hankook or Nexen, which are good value for money. Or better yet, save up for Goodyears, Conti or Michelin.
1 | - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen golf mk4 gti 1.8T (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
These tires came brand new on my MK4 Golf GTI when I bought it 3 years ago. They have been excellent. Not the most powerful car in the world but have only just replaced the front tires after 46,000kms. Have replaced them with the same. I have never had cause to complain about road noise or grip (We have lots of chip seal roads in NZ). I like to drive and have never had them lose grip (maybe I didn't try hard enough?). I'm about to buy a 2009 Legacy GT which will need new tires and I won't hesitate to put the new Achilles Sport 2 tire on that. For the cost they are excellent. I think you'd have to double your money or more to get a similar performing tire from the big manufacturers. I will continue to buy these tires and highly reccomend them. I don't know what other reviewers are doing to get such poor grip in dry or wet?
1 | - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2015

Latest Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 550i. 2006 (275/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Absolutely terrifying in the rain and appear allergic to damp weather. The very mention of rain sets them off in the opposite direction of intended travel. Came equipped on my 550i and quite frankly must be the choice of a maniac. Will be replaced as soon as possible as a preventative measure of premature death.
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2016
Honda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Have these on the rear on my 220hp FWD. Absolutely terrible. I've lost traction countless times in the rain, understeering, and almost completely killed myself with these. Rubbish.
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2016
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2.5 RS (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
They are getting noisey in a car without much sound deadening plus they are directional. There is a pulling problem in one which limits my rotating. I will not buy directional tires again.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (195/45 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Im not one to right reviews, i thought i had to about these tyres as when it comes to driving in the wet, you might aswell have a set of slicks on as the grip is just non existent. Ive had these on the front of my car since last December, ive only put up with them in an attempt to get my £££ worth out of them and didnt fancy taking them off and selling them on as part worn as i would probably end up feeling responsible for someone's death. Come to any sort of wet corner its just constant understeer, would struggle to keep up with a bus going round a roundabout. ABSOLUTE LETHAL TYRES. I now know why there are so many car crash compilation vids out there on the net, its all cars running with these tyres, get rid of these tryes and the world would be a safer place. The only plus side is dry grip is "ok", so if you live somewhere where it dont rain, then these wouldnt be bad, but living in the UK, a big no no. Would i buy again, not if the dealer was the only one on the planet and this is all they had in stock. I will stick with what i know best from now on, had Falken ZE914's on before and have just ordered another pair so these will be coming off next week.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2015
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E36 320i (225/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
Overall it's an alright tyre considering the price I paid (got a free alignment too!) Have never really had issues with grip in the dry or wet, but I don't push the car when its wet as the roads are terrible here. In terms of feedback, you can feel the tyres take a second to catch up after going over some bumps, apart from it not a lot. They've still got a bit of tread on them at the moment, will see how long they last. But worst thing overall is the noise. I had crappier tyres on the car before, and somehow these are worse for noise than the other tyres put together.
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015