Achilles ATR Sport

Show all: Achilles tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Achilles ATR Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 63% over 112,462 miles driven.

Achilles ATR Sport

69%

56%

Tyre Test Results:

Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 32% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
These were fitted to the rear of my 310bhp 1995 MR2 turbo when I bought it at the end of August - I'd intended to change them relatively soon but as many of us do, we put it off..

Wish I hadn't, as I wrote the car off last week thanks to a combination of wet roads, applying too much power and these useless tyres.. Driving in a straight line - put my foot down in second, the back end flicked out, I counter-steered and then of course the back end overtook the front as MR2's are known to do!

Probably fantastic for a little econobox hatchback, but I emplore you - please don't risk your pride and joy sports/performance car by fitting these. The back end even came out a few times in the dry previous to me crashing, completely without warning and driving nowhere near the limits of the car! They're not progressive at all and offer very little in terms of communicating with the driver.

I've bought a set of Yokohama AD08R's now to fit on my MR2, as repairing a car is a hassle I could do without.
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo (235-40-18-)
Using these tyres for the fronts of my car, really surprised at the level of grip it has. I was using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 previously and I'm glad to have chosen Achilles as replacements, they perform very very close to the level of the Goodyears.
Stable during hard braking, limit is very high and gives ample signal before breaking traction. The most impressive is the wet performance, handled wet/damp winding mountain roads with ease.
Definitely worth the price paid, exceeding expectations.
tyre reviewed on September 14, 2014
Looking to buy the Achilles ATR Sport? Click here to search for the best price for the Achilles ATR Sport or any other tyre.

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (225-30-19-)
Had these on back A4 b6 130 tdi remap

Not had any issues, was advised by garage to get Autogrip, to replace fronts. Autogrip are not good not lasted and already needing changed ahead of the two year older

Achilles on back. Just purchased 4 more ATR sport in slightly bigger size of 235 35 19 at £56.00 each so fingers crossed. Will post update after swapping and running all four. Drive sensibly but occasional mischief has not left me worried or concerned. You wouldn't go for a jog with your timbies on.

Drove in wet and snow (Scotland) never worried. The achilles is a great tyre for the price.
tyre reviewed on September 1, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Vios (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
budget tires. wear is nearly good. these tires not soft rubber. feels hard bumpy (not soft bumpy). soft noise for daily use. definitely buy again!!! because its price and wear for daily use. specially for "stance car" hard suspension combine with hard tire :D
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Altea Freetrack (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16,000 easy going miles
Purchased these with a 2nd hand Seat Altea 4 x 4. The previous owner had fitted at 29k in 2011. Two years later I have driven 16,000 miles and swapping them over a year ago, the tread is down to 3mm all round. As a summer tyre snow grip was OK, but wet performance is poor. More concerning is that the casing is starting to develop hairline cracks inside the sipes and grooves. Would not buy these again due to rapid perish and questionable wet grip.
tyre reviewed on October 12, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford 2.5 cougar (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I have just been to have a budget tyre fitted at motorsave for mot.£55 and only just noticed its one of those crapy event tyres. Motorsave used to fit really good budgets . Anyway the tyers i already have on my 2.5 ford are budgets. They have been on for two years and still plenty of wear . Amazing grip in all weathers. I only needed to change one because i had a shock changed on front n/s. and they didnt tighteng the top bolt corectly so tyer tread worn out on inside. Took car for test and guy said they should not have put that on your drive wheel. They wont change it so it goes in boot before winter gets here. But as far as tyres go. Fit Acchilles or Autogrip. Really good
tyre reviewed on August 21, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d SE (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 17,000 spirited miles
I put a full set on a BMW 330d and was amazed, grip in both dry and wet was superb, obviously they are not the same as the expensive brands but for the price they did everything well. I covered 17000 miles and they looked hardly worn before I sold the car, wish I had kept them for my next one.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2013
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Skyline V35 (235-35-18-)
These tyres are ok in the dry, but in the wet they are extremely dangerous and could quite easily cause an accident if your not on the ball and can drive a car very well.
Roundabouts are a death trap with these tyres, and nursing it around is the only safe way to drive with these tyres.
The braking test from 100km/hr was appalling and could hardly feel the seat-belt load on my chest, and the ABS was working overtime, you would want to stop quickly if someone stepped out in front of you. These tyres should be banned in Australia with no question about it, these have the potential to kill someone very easily indeed. The compound is the issue, but tread pattern is fine for dispersing water.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2013
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
These tyres are positively lethal in the wet. My Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet has absolutely no grip in the wet with the tyres losing grip at low speed and the car changing lanes in roundabouts. Avoid these tyres at all cost. I even went back to the tyre supplier to double check that they were installed in the correct direction. I cannot believe these can be sold in Australia.
tyre reviewed on June 25, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: