Avon WV7

The Avon WV7 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Avon WV7 is a performance winter tyre, with increased sipe density to improve traction in snow, ice, slush and wet weather. Available in 15 to 18-inch sizes to fit popular performance cars, the Avon WV7 is H and V speed rated. It features forward-facing shoulder grooves and V- slots to enhance braking, while the backward-facing centre groove improves traction. The Avon WV7 is marked with the ‘Severe Snow Conditions’ three-peak mountain snowflake symbol.

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 92% over 6,700 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 ADAC SUV Winter Tyre Test - 215/65 R16 - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet.
  • Negative - Weak on dry, snow covered and icy roads, high wear.

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 26th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon WV7
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon WV7. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon WV7 Review

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 2.0 T5 Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
I was very surprised at how good these tyres were in the cold wet and snow (snow once for about 20 miles), especially considering that they're classed as mid priced.

I drove from Kent to Glasgow and back once per month throughout the winter and found these tyres to be confidence inspiring in all weathers. I took them off when the weather turned fine again, just to save them for further winters although, I found them to provide excellent feedback and grip in the spring/warmish months too.

I was also surprised at how little they had worn over 5000 miles. They will be good for at least two more winters, maybe more.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017

Latest Avon WV7 Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon WV7 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WV7.

5 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Auris (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Well, so far in the dry and wet these are pretty good and it will be good to see how they are in snow if we get some. They have been around towns, rural roads and motorways and you almost forget you have winters on as they drive so well and are pretty quiet. These Avon's were bought to do the job well, without fuss and last well. They are a new tyre this winter (although probably the Cooper WeatherMaster) so there were no reviews to check out beforehand. This probably contributed to the very good prices available. From what I have seen so far I would recommend them.
I have run various vehicles on various winters or all seasons since 2008 and this November I put these WV7 winters on the Toyota. I also put Pirelli all season self seal on the Seat and Toyo Celsius all weather on the mini.
So far I haven't been disappointed with any of them in the dry, wet and morning frost, although the Toyos and Pirellis really need another 500 miles or so on their tyres for to bed in fully.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2016