Avon WV7

The Avon WV7 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Avon WV7 is a performance winter tyre, with increased sipe density to improve traction in snow, ice, slush and wet weather. Available in 15 to 18-inch sizes to fit popular performance cars, the Avon WV7 is H and V speed rated. It features forward-facing shoulder grooves and V- slots to enhance braking, while the backward-facing centre groove improves traction. The Avon WV7 is marked with the ‘Severe Snow Conditions’ three-peak mountain snowflake symbol.

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 18,200 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 ADAC SUV Winter Tyre Test - 215/65 R16 - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet.
  • Negative - Weak on dry, snow covered and icy roads, high wear.

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 26th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon WV7
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon WV7. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon WV7 Review

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 2.0 T5 Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
I was very surprised at how good these tyres were in the cold wet and snow (snow once for about 20 miles), especially considering that they're classed as mid priced.

I drove from Kent to Glasgow and back once per month throughout the winter and found these tyres to be confidence inspiring in all weathers. I took them off when the weather turned fine again, just to save them for further winters although, I found them to provide excellent feedback and grip in the spring/warmish months too.

I was also surprised at how little they had worn over 5000 miles. They will be good for at least two more winters, maybe more.
9 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017

Latest Avon WV7 Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon WV7 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WV7.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai i30 (225/45 R17) on for 2,000 miles
Been driving all over this week in deep snow and ice up steep hills and never let me down
0 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2018
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan SE 2.0TDi (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,500 average miles
Limited review on the grounds that I have only completed 1500 miles to the Alps and back. Car was fully laden (5 people, roofbox and snowboard equipment/luggage. Road noise was not an issue, VW Sharan handled without issue throughout the trip and had no need for snow chains in resort while others all used chains!! We had plenty of snow in resort and the trip down from resort was cold and icy which these tyres dealt with just fine. Hard to comment on fuel consumption as we had the roofbox.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester sti (245/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought these on a hunch that they might be better than a lot of winter tyres in the wet/dry (which compose 90% of British winter weather) and indeed they are. However they're also very good in winter conditions with excellent grip on fresh and frozen snow and ice, climbing a 1 in 6 hill in fresh snow was no problem, as was stopping on black ice. Their outstanding characteristic is the steering feedback, better than most winter tyres (Nokian, Vredestein) that I've run - though obviously won't be as good as a HP summer tyre, due to isolated tread blocks and loads of sipes - and the sidewalls are stiff enough to make the car feel controlled and give you confidence when pushing through the corners. And lastly they're suprisingly quiet for a winter tyre too, less high frequency noise than the previous summer tyres I ran. All in all a very competent tyre at a decent price to boot, and the folk at Avon are most helpful with information.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2018
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
This is my second winter on these. Last winter with the mild UK weather they weren't worth the expendature. 10 Celsius & above my summer tyres out perform them in every respect. After just 1 season fronts were half worn already. With temps below 7 Celsius & the wet, they start to justify themselves. With this winter's recent cold snap and proper snow they have come into their own. I had no doubt I would make it to work on my early morning B road commute - the car bearly spun a wheel. Comparing these to previously owned Nokian WR A3, the Nokians were a much better all rounder and lasted 5 seasons. I doubt the Avons will make 3. All in all the Avons are best reserved to the worst of winter weather - not ideal for typical UK winters. I think I'll be spending a bit more & going back to Nokian when it's time to replace.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2017