Avon ZV3

Show all: Avon tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Avon ZV3 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 63% over 456,030 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Avon ZV5

58%

65%

51%

Avon ZV3 Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (185-55-14-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10 spirited miles
My car has a full set of Avon ZV3, they have been impressive and compare well to premium branded models I have had.

Good points: Good wet grip and compare well to premium tyres in that respect. I generally don't hang about and I find that cornering grip in wet conditions is among the best, a real surprise. They provide decent feedback and dry grip also is very good. I have no problems with the drive of these tyres, even when pushed.

Bad points: Tyre noise seems higher than other brands but not excessive. They appear to be quite a tyre with a firm sidewall which doesn't help the ride quality. Wear is average but my front ones are just about bald on the outside shoulders, despite tracking and pressure being ok.

A good tyre and I would try another tyre from the Avon range again after experiencing these.

I need to replace the front pair now as they are just about on the wear markers. I had considered replacing with some more ZV3s but for the same prices more modern tyres can be had, the Avons score poorly on the new classification for rolling resistance (G) so I'm looking for something a bit more 'eco', Hankook Kinergy Eco perhaps.
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Signum 1.9 CDTI (215-50-17-W)
I cover 15000 miles per year on rural town and motorway, roughly 30/30/40 split. I only got 10000 miles on the fronts before I swapped to the back, now all four are on the limit after 15000 miles At £110 per tyre I expected better, I previously ran Nexen budget tyres at £75 a tyre, only a minor difference in the wet and lasted longer c 18000 miles on the front.... Definitely not buying again
tyre reviewed on March 19, 2014
Looking to buy the Avon ZV3? Click here to search for the best price for the Avon ZV3 or any other tyre.

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Rover (225-45-17-)
These were original empty on the rover 75 2.0td I replaced the budget tyres with these avon the improvement is fantastic, they grip wet or dry, quite at motorway speeds only down side on the rover putting out 131bhp fronts last about 25 to 30k would have lasted longer due to excessive tyre wear on inside caused by square speed humps. The rear tyres last again about the same but again the speed humps cause excessive inside wear.
tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C1 (195-45-15-)
They are very good tyre. Good grip in both wet and dry conditions. Nevr had any problems with them so far.

Wee bit road noise at high speed but its not too bad.

Avon tyres are not sa bad as people make them out to be.

But remember they are budget tires so they will never be perfect.
tyre reviewed on December 12, 2013
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (195-60-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20 average miles
Have these on the front and back of a Mondeo MK2, 2 litre estate. On my second set of fronts, appear to wear quicker than other makes I have had including budget tyres. Neighbour had them on his golf TDI also stated they did not last as long as the Michelins he had previously. Good grip in the dry, not outstanding in the wet, no ABS on the car, quite easy to lock up either of the front wheels in the wet. Would not buy again, not much better than good budget tyres fitted in the past.
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2013
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (215-50-17-W)
I had these fitted to my Vectra as a desire to try a medium range tyre after running budget tyres previously. I enjoy "driving" the car quickly but not insanely fast over some demanding A/B roads and then cruising gently with the flow on the motorway on my longish commute each day. The tyres are fine, good, great even, but quite soft, the budget brand was more than a match for each aspect but at 60% of the cost. if you can afford these, I am sure you would be delighted with them.
Would I buy them again? well,,,, NO, I went back to the same budget brand I had prior. I shall review them in their appropriate page.
tyre reviewed on December 5, 2012
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195-55-15-V)
Pretty useless unless the road was straight and dry. In the wet, i felt really unsure of what was going to happen. No such issues with the Bridgestone Turanza's that were on previous. Look the part but dont live up to the expectations.

Wear rate was high,fell off a cliff when cornering with a hint of speed and were really noisey at any speed. Would not reccomend.
tyre reviewed on September 1, 2012
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai (205-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
tyre reviewed on April 11, 2012
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 106 (185-55-14-)
tyre reviewed on December 5, 2011
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Cilo 1.2 Extreme (180-65-15-)
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2011

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: