Bridgestone Turanza T001

Progressiveness 63%
Bridgestone Turanza T001

The Bridgestone Turanza T001 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Turanza ER300

Tyre review data from 38 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 306,715 miles driven.

195/65 R15 £36.46 - £53.30 (52 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £45.82 - £66.83 (113 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £63.10 - £96.99 (98 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £73.00 - £104.00 (37 prices) Compare Prices >>

Bridgestone Turanza T001 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-45-19-W)
As fitted OEM on my Mazda 6 Sport. I have found these superb during the dry/ warm/damp summer, however during a recent deluge of rain on a motorway run North, I found they were very quickly overwhelmed and even at quite modest speeds began to aquaplane quite severely.

These are a great tyre however for a performance and premium brand they are great but my concerns arise as we head into winter and how they will perform. I plan to write a follow up in spring as I hope they are up to the task as I found on my last car running Goodyears.
tyre reviewed on October 17, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (205-55-16-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2015
Given 48% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
2005 Impreza with 180,000 km has brand new KYB shocks, new ball joints, no steering wear and just aligned. So ... a new set of tires was required. The Bridgestones were a decent price at Costco, but after less than 500 km I'm returning them. The car feels unsafe and wriggles on every groove in the road. Twitch the steering side to side slightly on straight dry highway pavement and the Subaru feels like it's about to do a ground loop. Going round highway corners at 80 kmh it feels positively unsafe. The problem appears to be that the tire side walls are about a strong as wet spaghetti.

I would not recommend these tires to anyone.
tyre reviewed on August 3, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15 easy going miles
Firstly, if there are folks who get < 15k miles out of these, I'm glad I don't drive on the same roads as them - and it must be terrifying for their passengers!
I take it easy, I drive a 7-seater, mostly motorways but with some long trips through Wales and I've not had any issues with them at all and there's plenty of mileage left..
I've not given a score for "at the limit" because I don't drive a racing car...
tyre reviewed on May 22, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON 1.8TSI (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 23, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna Phase II (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
Tire is OK considering the price, but I expected more from Bridgestone. A couple times I was surprised in the wet, and there I was most disappointed. I think for the money you can buy a better tire of lower-cost producers.
tyre reviewed on March 23, 2015
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Not a bad tyre. Pretty safe for amateurs like me who really like to make things squeal when the time is right.

They seem to be very progressive (read, I am not dead yet) but overall grip isn't record breaking and the side walls are made of jelly. Cheap Aldi Jelly made with too much water.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2015
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-45-19-W)
I've had Bridgestone turanzas on a mazda 3 and 6 as the stock tyres and have not been pleased either time. dry grip gives poor feedback on cornering with normal driving, but does start to improve when driven harder in summer and the tyres have a chance to heat up. Wet grip feels poor when cornering, but adequate for linear braking. Very poor on snow and ice. Wear is very poor and will need changing at 30,000 miles (at £250 each), when other brands give 35,000+.
In summary: Fine when they're hot, but you'd only get 20,000 miles driving them that way.
Luckily Bridgestone aren't the only company making that size now.
tyre reviewed on February 27, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 DI (195-65-15-T)
I have 2 tyres from 15k miles and i think they are good especially on the wet.After 15k miles i have 5.5mm.They are very good on the mountain's road with curve.
tyre reviewed on February 10, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 38,000 easy going miles
Fronts lasted 13k miles, rears 38k miles. Tyre was grand, but expected to last longer on the fronts. Would buy again though.
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015