Firestone Firehawk SZ90

Show all: Firestone tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Firestone Firehawk SZ90 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 73,910 miles driven.

Firestone Firehawk SZ90

Tyre Test Results:

Firestone Firehawk SZ90 Reviews

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (225-45-17-)
I gave grades to these tyres after first impressions and now, after 20000 km, I'm back with new verdicts. Grip on dry and wet almost perfect, braking the same. Lateral side very strong, car doesn't bend on corners. Wear is somewhere at half. Negative aspects: noise, consumption and comfort.
tyre reviewed on September 24, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mustang GT (245-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
My second set of these tyres as I was so impressed with them on my daily car, and they're just as capable on a much more powerful car.

Highly recommended, much better grip, comfort, stability and quieter than the tyres they replaced.
tyre reviewed on August 29, 2015
Looking to buy the Firestone Firehawk SZ90? Click here to search for the best price for the Firestone Firehawk SZ90 or any other tyre.
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (195-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I've always bought Continental Sport Contact, but this time I decided to try out these Firestone Firehawk SZ90's.
I searched a lot online to try and find a comparison review between the Contis and the Firestones and unfortunately came up with nothing, but decided to take the plunge anyway.

I'm VERY impressed with these tyres. Continental Sport Contact always finish high up in tyre tests and I have to say the Firestone's are every bit as good even with my spirited driving style.

Both dry and wet grip is progressive and strong and I can feel absolutely NO deficit to the Continental tyre. I see there is a review below that states the wet grip is poor, but either that reviewer is a complete maniac on the road, or there is something seriously wrong with their vehicle.

I highly recommend these tyres and as an added bonus they were £20 per tyre cheaper than the ContiSports. I can't comment on wear yet, but they are excellent in every other department.
tyre reviewed on August 24, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Grande Punto TJet (215-40-17-W)
Had them on the front of a Fiat Grande Punto T-Jet sport. Dry grip is good and progressive. Wet grip isn't great but progressive in the corners.
Traction control kicked when starting at the traffic lights in the wet.
Wear and noise levels are good.

I wouldn't buy these again as there are better tyres in the same pricerange.
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (195-50-15-V)
Not to bad but wear out pretty quickly.
tyre reviewed on April 4, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT (225-40-18-)
Reading the reviews I'm must admit the Firestones are not a tyre I would chose for the TT. Normally I stick with Dunlops Sport Maxx RT's or Goodyear Eff Grips.
But on a recent trip to Scotland after suffering a blow out I ended up at a local tyre depot, who unfortunately couldn't get the Dunlop replacement for a couple of days. In desperation I fitted the only two tyres he had in stock in my size and these were the Firestone Firehawk SZ90's. I replaced two tyres because the other Dunlop was approaching 3mm of trad left.
The surprise is I find these Firestones quite good. They don't suffer in the wet ie aquaplaning, dry grip is good and they are wearing well. I cover motorways, dual carriageways and a lot of cross country routes and when conditions permit quite spiritedly so they come in for all sorts of use. I tend to replace my tyres every 11-15 weeks depending on make and at present these Firestones are holding up well. The best bit is the cost £68 each all in as against £94 eack all in for the Dunlops.

I appreciate that the Mini Cooper S driver didn't rate them at all, but then having driven a Cooper S quite aggressively they can be tyre dependent.
tyre reviewed on July 20, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (215-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
drive a mini cooper s and these tyres are sh*t. Especially in the wet i will be cursing at 56 on the a2 with roughly 5mm of tread on each tyre and the aquaplaning is shocking!! Horrible tyres! I would recommend the old maxxis i had i cant wait until they wear out so i can buy some maxxis ma-z1's or even better some Yokohama s drive
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (195-50-15-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
these are not that good...had them for about 15000km...gone...dry perfomance is ok, everything else average or below average
tyre reviewed on January 23, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 Classic Sedan (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on July 5, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi CDTi 1.9 150 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
never had a set of firestoner up till last novmber i got told not to buy them as they would not last long as i drive hard. but they have out lasted the dunlop i had wot lasted 6000 miles.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: